[COMPLETE]The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes DR -ke

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

You got it! Thanks for your interest!
johnnyenglish

Post by johnnyenglish »

This is getting so exciting! (I can feel a stirring in my loins! :wink:)
I have absolutely nothing in this world but time - so I believe I should invest it wisely...
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

johnnyenglish wrote: September 13th, 2019, 11:03 am This is getting so exciting! (I can feel a stirring in my loins! :wink:)
That's the difference between Holmes and Watson -- he feels a stirring in his brain. :lol: :lol:
~ Larry
johnnyenglish

Post by johnnyenglish »

Ooh! You nasty person, you!!! :wink:
I have absolutely nothing in this world but time - so I believe I should invest it wisely...
thestorygirl

Post by thestorygirl »

Elizabby wrote: September 13th, 2019, 12:04 am
Did you see I put you in for Violet? You can also claim a part in each story if you like - the MW is finished now!
Thanks! I'm afraid one part is all I have time for, and it looks like everybody's enjoying themselves with this. I got my favorite anyhow. :wink:
kathrinee

Post by kathrinee »

Let's fly over to Readers Wanted
Kathrine
johnnyenglish

Post by johnnyenglish »

Hello Beth and Kathrinee,

Here is Dr. Watson's narration for 'A Scandal in Bohemia'.

https://librivox.org/uploads/kathrinee/sherlockholmes_drwatson_01_128kb.mp3

It's a bit rough and ready - I shall smooth out the edges in the final edit!

However, if you spot any major fluff's or blunders, please let me know!

This is a well cool project, and with so many Folks volunteering ( :clap: :9: ) I
don't want to let anyone down!
Pinklady77

Post by Pinklady77 »

Lola
kathrinee

Post by kathrinee »

johnnyenglish wrote: September 14th, 2019, 9:10 am Hello Beth and Kathrinee,

This is a well cool project, and with so many Folks volunteering ( :clap: :9: ) I
don't want to let anyone down!
Great, Andrew! Since you are the BC for this project, it is your responsibility to put your own and everybody else's recordings into the MW. Have you accessed the MW already? If not I have a link explaining how to get into a MW for the first time. (Please let me know if you want me to post it.) This document outlines the BC responsibilities https://docs.google.com/document/d/1kVj409nG_E0XJ5UrrcL7EVx7Qyx-2UQ7dbw4mINi3XQ. :thumbs:

Thank you, Beth, for helping out while Andrew finds his BC feet :)
Kathrine
johnnyenglish

Post by johnnyenglish »

No, that is totally cool Katherinne, I shall study this document carefully, and hopefully be
able to take a little weight off Beth's shoulders!

One question - I wasn't sure that I am allowed to PL my own readings?

How does that work?
kathrinee

Post by kathrinee »

johnnyenglish wrote: September 14th, 2019, 10:26 am
One question - I wasn't sure that I am allowed to PL my own readings?

How does that work?
That is correct, you can't PL your own recordings. But PLing is Beth's "job", because she is the DPL, so that is not a problem! The BC accepts and assigns claims in the MW (well, Beth helped you our because you are learning), and when recordings are uploaded, the BC put them into the MW and change the status to "Ready for PL". Then the DPL will listen and either give PL notes or change the status to PLOK or whatever.

Since Beth is the DPL and also will record, you (as BC) will PL her sections. :thumbs: Makes sense? Please keep asking questions -- that is how we learn! :D
Kathrine
johnnyenglish

Post by johnnyenglish »

Many Thanks!

I shall try to take this all in - I am sure that it will become clearer as I get more practise! :wink:
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

johnnyenglish wrote:

What do you mean by “it's a bit rough”? The narration file is the base file into which all the other files will be pasted, so starting with a file which is as clean as you can make it, eases your own path for editing later on.

Also, the narration files are the single biggest files in each story, so I don’t really want to do all that work twice if it can be avoided - I’ll be listening to the narration again in the final version as it is, so any PL corrections would be a third listen through the same file for me.

All that to say that the narration files should be cleaned up and completely finished except for spaces left for other voices, before submission for PL.
johnnyenglish

Post by johnnyenglish »

Oh Dear - I appear to have pissed you off a bit! (Apologies!)

One of the problems of being 'seperated by a common language', I suppose!

Any road up, I think that I have previously mentioned that I am extremely fussy - possibly
too much so...

However - since I shall be doing the final edit myself - I really don't understand why you
are so narked. I do apologise if I have annoyed you in any way - that surely was not my intention...

Did you actually listen to the file? (It might help! :wink: )

BTW: I dug out my old recording of 'The Five Orange Pips', but decided that it wasn't
up to snuff - so I shall record it again.

PS: I can edit.
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

No, I’m not upset - it was purely advice to you with the intention of making your own life easier when it comes to the editing stage! Though I suppose it depends partly on your editing style too - I prefer to “chop and drop” for the final edit, which relies on the parts being ready to go with no further editing required, but I know other editors “groom” the files more during editing.

Anyway, I haven’t listened to the narration file yet, but if you’re satisfied it is ready for PL then I will. I just don’t like to PL a file and give lots of PL notes (which takes time and effort) if there is editing to be done which the reader is already aware of. But if you are ready for PL then I’ll do it this week.