[COMPLETE] The Princess and the Goblin by George MacDonald - dlo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

Edited chapter 4 is ready for PL:

https://librivox.org/uploads/dlolso21/princessandthegoblin_04_macdonald_128kb.mp3

Time is 6:51. There was quite a bit of dialogue, so it was kind of tricky-- I hope I edited it OK. I have to say, I think Irene is my favorite character so far. Maybe it's just the excellent acting on Leanne's part. (OK, OK, Irene and Curdie both, for characters and the actors who played them. :wink:) To be fair, I haven't edited anything that you've done, Elijah, but I have PLed it, and I really enjoy the enthusiasm you put into it. I'm looking forward to editing some of your part in the near future!
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
bhavya

Post by bhavya »

JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

Narrator 28 is PL OK!

Sorry I wasn't active for nearly two weeks! It was an emergency, but everything is sorted out and I'll be able to get (pretty much) back to normal. I will only be online two days a week, however-- but I will do work on here when I'm on.
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

And chapter 28 is ready to edit.
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
ej400

Post by ej400 »

JayKitty76 wrote: September 2nd, 2019, 10:07 am Narrator 28 is PL OK!

Sorry I wasn't active for nearly two weeks! It was an emergency, but everything is sorted out and I'll be able to get (pretty much) back to normal. I will only be online two days a week, however-- but I will do work on here when I'm on.
Glad to have you back. Hope things are alright.
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

Hi Elijah,

I know you're so so busy with all your other projects, but could you please PL my sections? They've been up since a month and a half ago. They're not long at all either, 25 is 0:16 seconds long and 26 is 0:21 secs. Not trying to put pressure on you either, but just asking very nicely. :wink: Thanks!
God bless,
Rachel
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

Chapter 5 is PL OK by LV standards. I did notice something odd that I don't remember hearing when I PLed Narrator 5, though: Bhavya, it sounds like there are several different recordings edited together when you read for the Narrator part, as the sound quality and volume changed slightly every so often. But it's still PL OK, and so good job editing, as well! Now to mark it in the MW. :wink:
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

Chapter 3 is almost PL OK. Amazing editing work, Elijah, the amount of dialogue in that chapter was absolutely crazy. There was just one minor PL note that needs to be edited in first:

~9:21 the Narrator reads, "asked the lady" right after Queen Irene's lines and right before Princess Irene's. This was missing. (It's on page 5 of the doc text, if you need to see it.)

I also did notice that in the MW box in the cell for edited chapter 3, it credits Tricia, Leanne, Bhavya, Stefan, and you as contributors. They all were edited into the chapter as characters except you- Curdie wasn't in this chapter. Are you credited because you were the editor? I'm just a little confused, not that it's a big deal or anything. I'm just sort of curious.

That's it! Once the one PL note is fixed, it'll be PL OK. Great work!
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

This project is moving along nicely, the character PLing is pretty much done. All we/I need to do is to finish PLing the already-edited chapters (that's my job, except when I edit the chapters, in which case that'd be Elijah's) and finish editing. Not too hard. I think the biggest and hardest part is done, and that would be assigning, recording and PLing the character/narrator lines, IMHO. :wink:
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~
ej400

Post by ej400 »

JayKitty76 wrote: September 9th, 2019, 3:13 pm Chapter 3 is almost PL OK. Amazing editing work, Elijah...
I also did notice that in the MW box in the cell for edited chapter 3, it credits Tricia, Leanne, Bhavya, Stefan, and you as contributors. They all were edited into the chapter as characters except you- Curdie wasn't in this chapter. Are you credited because you were the editor? I'm just a little confused, not that it's a big deal or anything. I'm just sort of curious.
Thank you Rachel. Yes, I put the editors in for the sections they edit, because I think it should count as a section they were involved in. I mean, they would do more work than someone who were to read a 3 second line in the chapter.
bhavya

Post by bhavya »

JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

ej400 wrote: September 12th, 2019, 5:09 am
Thank you!
All PL OK! Great job, Bhavya! Now all the Narrator files are PL OK! Thank you so much for being our wonderful narrator, we appreciate the hard work you do and it does not go unnoticed. :9:
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~