COMPLETE [SHORT STORIES] Stories and Pictures by I. L. Peretz; translated by Helena Frank (1872-1954 - mas

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
BurgundyGrace

Post by BurgundyGrace »

~Angelique
elsieselwyn

Post by elsieselwyn »

Thank you, Angelique! Sorry for not responding earlier - I have been very busy with school starting. I will PL these when I have time (which hopefully will be soon).
Elsie :9:
Like Sweden and coming of age stories? Read for Pelle the Conqueror
Like travelogues and Anthony Trollope? Read for The West Indies and the Spanish Main
Shadowland: October, 1919
BurgundyGrace

Post by BurgundyGrace »

Still not a rush, Elsie.
Hopefully, I'll have the next sections out within two weeks; it'll get done and since this project is moving slowly, I don't feel that we're holding up others.

Best of luck with school!
~Angelique
BurgundyGrace

Post by BurgundyGrace »

~Angelique
elsieselwyn

Post by elsieselwyn »

Hey MaryAnn,

I would like to open this project up for another DPL to claim.

Thanks,

Elsie
Like travelogues and Anthony Trollope? Read for The West Indies and the Spanish Main
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

elsieselwyn wrote: September 8th, 2019, 5:26 pm Hey MaryAnn,

Thanks,

Elsie
Who is the DPL currently Elsie? I can do it if you wish - I have time this week to listen to the ones ready for PL'ing,
MaryAnnSpiegel
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by MaryAnnSpiegel »

Lynda,

I'll remove Elsie as DPL and put you in. Thanks for helping out.

MaryAnn
elsieselwyn

Post by elsieselwyn »

Lmnei wrote: September 8th, 2019, 5:49 pm
elsieselwyn wrote: September 8th, 2019, 5:26 pm Hey MaryAnn,

Thanks,

Elsie
Who is the DPL currently Elsie? I can do it if you wish - I have time this week to listen to the ones ready for PL'ing,
Thank you, Lynda!
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

MaraBella wrote: July 29th, 2019, 9:31 pm Hi, thanks for all your hard work! Here's section 5, "Married":

https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/storiesandpictures_05_peretz_128kb.mp3
50:23

(Note: There are 10 seconds of silence at the end because it's over 30 minutes. Let me know if you want me to cut it back to 5!)

Edit: I had to find time to read the remaining stories before I claim any more, but if it's not too much, I'd love to claim 18. The Days of the Messiah, 58. The Poor Little Boy, and 59. Underground. Thank you!
That was a perfect and beautiful recording MaraBella! All you need to do now is trim the end to 5 seconds as all recordings need only 5 seconds at the end and then it will be PL OK. So please do that and re-post the link and time and I will check it and then mark it PL OK! What a long recording for you to do when you are new to LV! Way to go!
MaraBella

Post by MaraBella »

Lmnei wrote: September 10th, 2019, 5:56 pm That was a perfect and beautiful recording MaraBella! All you need to do now is trim the end to 5 seconds as all recordings need only 5 seconds at the end and then it will be PL OK. So please do that and re-post the link and time and I will check it and then mark it PL OK! What a long recording for you to do when you are new to LV! Way to go!
Wow, thank you so, so much! I had to do a few takes of that one to get the pacing and voices consistent, so I really appreciate hearing this. :) And thank you so much for stepping in to DPL us! :D

Here is the reupload with the new time:

Section 5: Married
https://librivox.org/uploads/maryannspiegel/storiesandpictures_05_peretz_128kb.mp3 [50:18]

The past few months have really gotten away from me, and I've been in the process of editing Section 17 and 18 for weeks now. Maryann, is this the appropriate place to ask for an extension for Section 17 (The Dead Town)? I hope to finish very soon, because I really do just need to finish editing out the breaths and background noise, but in case it's not possible to get that done before Friday, I wanted to ask for an extension to be safe.

And a sincere thank you to elsieselwyn for all the amazing hard work you've done on this project!
- Mara

CC of any kind, from any source, is welcome and encouraged. I am brand new to this and hardly know what I am doing, but I'm very eager to learn!
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

Hi Mara -

Just answering for MaryAnn who is away right now - I just noticed now that you asked for an extension for Section 17. That is fine - you can have another month for that one as we still have open Sections (and more to come soon) that need to be recorded.

Lynda
Pinklady77

Post by Pinklady77 »

Hello,

I can read chapter 11 and 12.

Thanks
Lola
Lola
elsieselwyn

Post by elsieselwyn »

Pinklady77 wrote: September 23rd, 2019, 3:51 pm Hello,

I can read chapter 11 and 12.

Thanks
Lola
All yours!
elsieselwyn

Post by elsieselwyn »

Hello everyone! Thank you, Lynda for your kind work as PL since I am so busy. And thank you Angelique for all your sections that you contributed to the project!

I have marked all of Angelique's sections PL OK except for 19, 46, 47, and 49. While Angelique does not think they make a material change to the meaning of the story, I think it makes enough of a difference that I would want the discrepancies corrected. I have orphaned those sections so another reader can read them.

Again, deep thanks to everyone involved in this project (especially as I have been gone due to a busy school year)!

Best wishes and happy recording,

Elsie :D
BurgundyGrace

Post by BurgundyGrace »

Orphan. Them. All.
~Angelique