COMPLETE[PLAY]The "Mind The Paint" Girl by Pinero - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

May I have Section 1, the part of Mr. Cooling? Jim
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

neecheelok70 wrote: September 9th, 2019, 7:29 amMay I have Section 1, the part of Mr. Cooling? Jim
yay :9: yes you may, thank you so much, Jim. I think you will be an excellent Cooling. :mrgreen:

Apart from the normal lines for Cooling, please also include the lines for "All the men" or "All" or "The Others" in that act. If you need help with those, I can help you find them :) We can PM.

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Advertisement: so we only need a little help for three very minor roles. To make matters easier for prospective readers, here are all the lines you have to read, so no need to browse through the text searching for them. ;) The setting is a birthday party, everybody seems to be in high spirits.

Lines for Tavish:
> voice credit: “Wilfrid Tavish, Actor at the Pandora, read by …

> The Men (struggling for her hand): "Many happy returns of day! Many happy returns of the day! Many happy returns of the day!"

> Some of the Men: "Ha, ha, ha!"

> The Men: "Many happy returns of the day!"

> Tavish: "How are you, guv’nor?"
Lines for Heneage:
> voice credit: “Stewart Heneage, read by …

> The Men (struggling for her hand): "Many happy returns of day! Many happy returns of the day! Many happy returns of the day!"

> Heneage and Grimwood (yelling): "Whoop! Whoop!"
Lines for Grimwood:
> voice credit: “Gerald Grimwood, read by …

> Heneage and Grimwood (yelling): "Whoop! Whoop!"
Let's hope this makes matters easier :)

Sonia
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

Hello,
I would love to read the lines for Grimwood.
Is there any chance of me also reading the lines for Heneage and Tavish as well? I promise to not sound like the same person. :D
April
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

April
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

aww, excellent, thank you so much, Jim :9: I loved your portrayal of Cooling, he is quite busying himself all throughout and there is the unmistakable tone of blame in his voice when he speaks to Roper about the plot. Very well done. Totally PL ok.

Just two small notes for drama recordings: first: always use the number of the act your role appears in (so it should have been 02, not 04) The section number will always change as I move the finished sections down to the correct act. Not a problem though, since I know in what act he appears. No need to re-upload. Second: sometimes you don't leave too much space when there are stage directions right inside your speech (for example at at 1:34 and 1:39). You also need to leave 2 seconds on such occasions. But I think Todd can make do with this, it's not too crammed, so he will have space to fiddle about with. It's all good :)

Thank you for the fast turn-around and the cool performance (well, he was called COOLing after all :lol: )

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

adr6090 wrote: September 10th, 2019, 3:05 pmI would love to read the lines for Grimwood.
Is there any chance of me also reading the lines for Heneage and Tavish as well? I promise to not sound like the same person. :D

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/mindthepaintgirl_%5Bgrimwood%5D_%5B3%5D_128kb.mp3
and April, thank you so much for helping out here :D Sorry but you can only take one of the parts because we usually don't double voice which appear in the same act. Especially here because they speak in Chorus :lol:

But I loved your Grimwood. Excellent that you managed to pitch your voice so deep, yes, he sounds like a man who knows to enjoy a party. :mrgreen: I noticed you were having fun.

All the lines are in and PL ok. :thumbs:

Also just a small note concerning the file name. Same note as I had for Jim, please use the number of the Act, not the section number, because they will change always when I move the files up and down in the MW. Also no need to make the brackets [ ] because they may risk to break the link. Here it worked though, so no worries. No need to reupload, all is well :)

Thanks again

Sonia
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Thanks, Sonia! :D
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

Kitty wrote: September 10th, 2019, 11:37 pm
adr6090 wrote: September 10th, 2019, 3:05 pmI would love to read the lines for Grimwood.

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/mindthepaintgirl_%5Bgrimwood%5D_%5B3%5D_128kb.mp3
and April, thank you so much for helping out here :D Sorry but you can only take one of the parts because we usually don't double voice which appear in the same act. Especially here because they speak in Chorus :lol:

But I loved your Grimwood. Excellent that you managed to pitch your voice so deep, yes, he sounds like a man who knows to enjoy a party. :mrgreen: I noticed you were having fun.

All the lines are in and PL ok. :thumbs:

Also just a small note concerning the file name. Same note as I had for Jim, please use the number of the Act, not the section number, because they will change always when I move the files up and down in the MW. Also no need to make the brackets [ ] because they may risk to break the link. Here it worked though, so no worries. No need to reupload, all is well :)

Thanks again

Sonia
hey Sonia, I was definately enjoying the reading. :lol: Thanks though for the compliment, it does please my soul.
In reference to the file name I just copied and pasted what was on the thread. Perhaps I should have edited it a bit?
April
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

adr6090 wrote: September 11th, 2019, 1:22 pmIn reference to the file name I just copied and pasted what was on the thread. Perhaps I should have edited it a bit?
yes, the brackets in the example may be confusing, but it's just to show that you need to put in your role and the act number. You are not the first who did this wrong. But it's tricky how to mention it differently.

Sonia
flup

Post by flup »

Hi Sonia! Please sign me up for Tavish! Thanks!
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

flup wrote: September 12th, 2019, 12:33 pm Hi Sonia! Please sign me up for Tavish! Thanks!
8-) thank you so much, Philip. You're in ! :thumbs:

Only one role left to claim !!!!

Sonia
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

I will be happy to read Henny (as we like to call him.)
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Great. Now we are full.

Thanks, Todd