Post by sunnygoswami »

elsieselwyn wrote: August 12th, 2019, 8:04 am Section 22 PL OK :thumbs:
Thank you, Elsie.
elsieselwyn

Post by elsieselwyn »

I am orphaning section 38.
Elsie :9:
Like Sweden and coming of age stories? Read for Pelle the Conqueror
Like travelogues and Anthony Trollope? Read for The West Indies and the Spanish Main
Shadowland: October, 1919
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

elsieselwyn wrote: September 8th, 2019, 5:15 pmI am orphaning section 38.
thanks for letting us know, Elsie. I will move this back to Readers wanted.

To prospective readers: a quick turn-around would be preferred, as we are near completion of this project. Thank you

Sonia
sunnygoswami

Post by sunnygoswami »

Section 25 is pending on me. Apologies for the delay, real life got in the way. I have moved so need to set up my things again but I am intending to finish this chapter in the next couple of days.

This new place is less noisy, so I am hoping the sound quality will improve, but would you like me to do a new one-minute test?
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

sunnygoswami wrote: September 9th, 2019, 12:26 amSection 25 is pending on me. Apologies for the delay, real life got in the way. I have moved so need to set up my things again but I am intending to finish this chapter in the next couple of days.

This new place is less noisy, so I am hoping the sound quality will improve, but would you like me to do a new one-minute test?
thanks for giving us an update. I sent you a PM about this, have you seen it ?

It would be perfect if you could give this a priority. And no, if you think your settings are all correct, you need not to a new test unless you wish. Just remember that it has to be Mono, bitrate: 128 kbps constant and Sample rate 44,100 Hz. You can check your settings with the Checker if you are still unsure: http://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/Checker

Thank you, looking forward to your section.

Sonia
sunnygoswami

Post by sunnygoswami »

Hi Sonia,

I have uploaded Section 25, please find the link below.
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/animalstorybook_25_various_128kb.mp3
Duration: 5:35

Sorry for taking so long to do this. I knew I would be moving before the deadline and the new place will have less background noise so I waited to do this, but I should have updated you beforehand. In the future, I will.

Please let me know if the recording is any good. I can always do it again if needed.
Won't take so long for next ones.

I saw your PM after you mentioned here. Somehow, I am getting notification emails for the topic posts but not for PMs. Will look into that.

Kind regards,
Sunny
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

sunnygoswami wrote: September 10th, 2019, 5:53 pm I have uploaded Section 25, please find the link below.

Sorry for taking so long to do this. I knew I would be moving before the deadline and the new place will have less background noise so I waited to do this, but I should have updated you beforehand. In the future, I will.
thank you for your section, Sunny :9: and don't worry about being late...in fact you were right inside your two-month-deadline ;) (only expiring today). So better late than never.
Please let me know if the recording is any good. I can always do it again if needed.
the reading was nice to listen to, so no problems there. I pitied the poor animals :(

I have a few small notes to correct for you. You need not re-record anything ! It's all easy cut-out jobs actually, and only one pronunciation error, but this small sentence you can re-record, the rest is fine as it is.

> at 0:19: “by Theophile Gauthier” – maybe this can get cut since you say “adapted from Theophile Gauthier” right after. We don’t need to say it twice

> at 1:48: “who were often much more gentle than their gaolers” – this word is pronounced exactly like the American “jailors” (prison guard), it’s actually the British way of spelling “jailor”. Yours sounds more like “gawlers”

> at 3:45: “illustration: The dream of the hungry lion” – this can get cut, we don’t include the captions to the illustrations

> at 5:28: at the end you have over 7 seconds of silence, please reduce to the standard 5 seconds
I saw your PM after you mentioned here. Somehow, I am getting notification emails for the topic posts but not for PMs. Will look into that.

check in your personal control panel, whether the correct box for email notifications is ticked. If you need help finding it, I can give you a step-by-step.

Thank you ! :)

Sonia
sunnygoswami

Post by sunnygoswami »

Kitty wrote: September 11th, 2019, 1:42 am
sunnygoswami wrote: September 10th, 2019, 5:53 pm I have uploaded Section 25, please find the link below.

thank you for your section, Sunny :9: and don't worry about being late...in fact you were right inside your two-month-deadline ;) (only expiring today). So better late than never.
the reading was nice to listen to, so no problems there. I pitied the poor animals :(

I have a few small notes to correct for you. You need not re-record anything ! It's all easy cut-out jobs actually, and only one pronunciation error, but this small sentence you can re-record, the rest is fine as it is.

> at 0:19: “by Theophile Gauthier” – maybe this can get cut since you say “adapted from Theophile Gauthier” right after. We don’t need to say it twice

> at 1:48: “who were often much more gentle than their gaolers” – this word is pronounced exactly like the American “jailors” (prison guard), it’s actually the British way of spelling “jailor”. Yours sounds more like “gawlers”

> at 3:45: “illustration: The dream of the hungry lion” – this can get cut, we don’t include the captions to the illustrations

> at 5:28: at the end you have over 7 seconds of silence, please reduce to the standard 5 seconds

check in your personal control panel, whether the correct box for email notifications is ticked. If you need help finding it, I can give you a step-by-step.

Sonia
Hi Sonia,

Thank you for the detailed feedback. I will fix it tonight. I do this at night now as there is less background, but I will see if I can find a quiet moment in the day to re-record that one word. Words like that usually trip me up. :)

I will update after I re-upload tonight.

Will look for that setting.

Kind regards,
Sunny
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

I am happy to request # 38 to get this project complete.
Please let me.know if no one else has claimed

Thank you,
April
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

adr6090 wrote: September 11th, 2019, 10:00 am I am happy to request # 38 to get this project complete.
Please let me.know if no one else has claimed
thank you so much, April. This will make us fully claimed again and I see that we are rapidly approaching the end of the project :9:

Sonia
sunnygoswami

Post by sunnygoswami »

sunnygoswami wrote: September 11th, 2019, 1:59 am
Kitty wrote: September 11th, 2019, 1:42 am

Sonia
Hi Sonia,

Thank you for the detailed feedback. I will fix it tonight. I do this at night now as there is less background, but I will see if I can find a quiet moment in the day to re-record that one word. Words like that usually trip me up. :)

I will update after I re-upload tonight.

Will look for that setting.

Kind regards,
Sunny
Hi Sonia,

I have made the corrections and the one re-recording. Please find the link below for the re-uploaded file:

Duration: 5:27 min

Many thanks for helping me get this right. Please feel free to point out if anything is still not right, especially that re-recorded sentence which I risked doing in the day.

I have also managed to find the notification settings and update them. Thanks for your help on that.

Kind regards,
Sunny
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

sunnygoswami wrote: September 11th, 2019, 11:13 amPlease feel free to point out if anything is still not right, especially that re-recorded sentence which I risked doing in the day.

I have also managed to find the notification settings and update them. Thanks for your help on that.
:thumbs: I'm glad the notifications work now.

And the newly recorded sentence is absolutely wonderfully edited in. Seems there was not too much traffic today ;) at least I don't hear anything disturbing.

Absolutely PL ok now. Thank you so much. :D

Sonia
sunnygoswami

Post by sunnygoswami »

Kitty wrote: September 11th, 2019, 11:19 am
sunnygoswami wrote: September 11th, 2019, 11:13 amPlease feel free to point out if anything is still not right, especially that re-recorded sentence which I risked doing in the day.

:thumbs: I'm glad the notifications work now.

And the newly recorded sentence is absolutely wonderfully edited in. Seems there was not too much traffic today ;) at least I don't hear anything disturbing.

Absolutely PL ok now. Thank you so much. :D

Sonia
Thanks a lot for that superfast update, Sonia. Feels really good.

Also, excited to see we are close to finishing. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Kind regards,
Sunny
adr6090

Post by adr6090 »

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/animalstorybook_38_various_128kb.mp3 time 5:49
This does sound and look okay to me Sonia though please do let me know if I am incorrect?
April
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

adr6090 wrote: September 11th, 2019, 2:40 pmhttps://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/animalstorybook_38_various_128kb.mp3 time 5:49
This does sound and look okay to me Sonia though please do let me know if I am incorrect?
absolutely correct, April :thumbs: thank you so much for the quick turn-around. This section is totally PL ok. I pitied the poor dog when they disposed of him :(

Since I still haven't heard back from Susie (the last reader with PL notes), I went and quickly corrected and reuploaded Section 26 who had only a minor edit of some cropped silence at the end. This is PL ok as well.

And that means we are ready to catalogue :9: Thank you all for this beautiful collection of Animal Stories.

Will post the link once it's done. Stay tuned.

Sonia