[COMPLETE DR]Dr Dolittle's Post Office, Hugh Lofting - ke

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
chuckconvr

Post by chuckconvr »

Elizabby wrote: September 5th, 2019, 4:48 pm
chuckconvr wrote: August 22nd, 2019, 7:08 pm OK - my first dramatic reading. (Be gentle) :)

https://librivox.org/uploads/kathrinee/drdolittlespostoffice_thecaptain_01_128kb.mp3 @ 3:46

Chuck
Hi Chuck! This was a fantastic reading - I really loved the characterisation you gave the Captain! The one problem is that there are a few really loud clicks in the middle of the reading. I'm not sure if it is clipping from too much amplification or will need a re-recording. Can you please check these spots in your file and see if you can clean it up? I can give you a bit of advice on how to do it if you aren't sure, or look at Phil's instructional video on click removal.

Please check these time stamps in your file: 1:25, 1:58, 2:40.

Section 2 was PL OK - you don't need to say "end of section" as this is a character part which will be cut into the main chapter - the narrator says the start and end of chapter headings for everyone.

Well dang it all. I never noticed. Not sure I got them all, but here is another go.

https://librivox.org/uploads/kathrinee/drdolittlespostoffice_thecaptain_01_128kb.mp3 @ 3:26.8

A bit longer than the first one. I went back to the raw files and re-encoded, etc.

Chuck
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

I've uploaded the Canary, the Thrush and the Seagull, as recorded by my girls. The files are PL OK, just check the volume before editing in.
Algy Pug

Post by Algy Pug »

Elizabby wrote: September 7th, 2019, 11:25 pm I've uploaded the Canary, the Thrush and the Seagull, as recorded by my girls. The files are PL OK, just check the volume before editing in.
What lovely voices! Hope to hear more from this talented duo.

Cheers
Algy Pug

My Librivox page

Post by silverquill »

On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Wow, thank you everyone! When it rains, it pours! :D MW updated.
Pinklady77

Post by Pinklady77 »

Lola
LikeManyWaters

Post by LikeManyWaters »

April
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

LikeManyWaters wrote: September 9th, 2019, 11:08 am
Just in case this missed the MW update.
Oh, yes, I surely did miss it! Thank you!

I have the lighthouse keeper in now as well. Thank you, all!
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

chuckconvr wrote: September 7th, 2019, 1:24 pm Well dang it all. I never noticed. Not sure I got them all, but here is another go.

https://librivox.org/uploads/kathrinee/drdolittlespostoffice_thecaptain_01_128kb.mp3 @ 3:26.8

A bit longer than the first one. I went back to the raw files and re-encoded, etc.

Chuck
Thanks Chuck! The Captain is now PL OK! I loved his characterisation - can I tempt you to take any other parts?

If you can cope with a fairly long read, there's Golden Jay Leader who tells the story of the discovery of America?
Or for smaller parts there's all the warriors of Sections 12 and 13, there's a chief, his son and the general of the opposing tribe?
Or for just a one-liner there's the villain Jack Wilkins who just says “Move an inch and you're a dead man!”
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Thanks! These are both PL OK!

If you're looking for more DR parts, check out the Sherlock Holmes stories at the red link in my signature file!
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Pinklady77 wrote: September 9th, 2019, 9:17 am Hello,

Lighthousekeeper is ready! duration0:55
https://librivox.org/uploads/kathrinee/drdolittlespostoffice_lighthousekeeper_s7_128kb.mp3

Lola Janie
Thanks Lola! This is PL OK! You've already had a part in Part 1, but you could take one of the end parts, such as the General of the opposing tribe if you wanted?

Otherwise, have a look at the Dramatic Reading Short Stories, or the Sherlock Holmes collection (linked in my signature file).
Pinklady77

Post by Pinklady77 »

Elizabby wrote: September 12th, 2019, 6:32 pm
Pinklady77 wrote: September 9th, 2019, 9:17 am Hello,

Lighthousekeeper is ready! duration0:55
https://librivox.org/uploads/kathrinee/drdolittlespostoffice_lighthousekeeper_s7_128kb.mp3

Lola Janie
Thanks Lola! This is PL OK! You've already had a part in Part 1, but you could take one of the end parts, such as the General of the opposing tribe if you wanted?

Otherwise, have a look at the Dramatic Reading Short Stories, or the Sherlock Holmes collection (linked in my signature file).
Sure I'd be happy to take the general too.Emir of Ellebubu or whichever one you think I fit best.
Lola
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Thanks Chris! Cheapside is all PL OK! You've given him exactly the voice I was hoping for! Very street-smart! :9:

If you've got more energy left, I think you'll find some parts that suit you in the Sherlock Holmes collection (red link in my signature). If you want to play a drunken butler and my husband, Mr Toller might be just your thing! (Copper Beeches story 12)