COMPLETE[PLAYS]One Act Play Collection 012 - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
benderca

Post by benderca »

Okay, friends. Here is my first attempt at play editing.

A Dollar by David Pinski:
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/oneactplays012_05_various_128kb.mp3 (34:34)

I would greatly appreciate it if someone would volunteer to PL the whole play -- I can guarantee you it is entertaining (definitely not a wasted half an hour, to be sure). So much talent in so little space... :clap: I had a blast putting this together (and I hate -- or at least strongly dislike editing :) ). The stage directions have not been PLed by anyone except me, so if someone decides to take a listen, please pay special attention to the stage directions. The parts have all been PLed. Also I'd appreciate any advice on the spacing.

I left most of the stage directions in, even when they weren't absolutely necessary because I thought Pinski has an eloquent writing style and his stage directions are quite expressive. I did take a few out and am considering taking a few more out. These are all up for consideration (some of them I took out already):

4:55 TRAGEDIAN: (with an outburst)

9:24 TRAGEDIAN: (explosively)

15:46 HEROINE: (angrily)

29:05 TRAGEDIAN: (in rage)

29:25 VILLAIN: (contemptuously)

29:47 COMEDIAN: (continuing)

31:10 VILLAIN: (shouting)

34:36 COMEDIAN: (in a gentle tone of voice)

Thanks in advance for any advice anyone wants to offer!
TJ
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

elsieselwyn wrote: August 18th, 2019, 1:26 pm Stage Directions and Joshua for Wanted, Male Cook are PL OK :thumbs:

One PL Note for Mr. Hartwell (Wanted, Male Cook): @3:29 heard "when I get back", text says "when you get back"
Here is the little correction:
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/wantedamalecook_heartwell_baker.mp3
On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Found a missing Spriggins line:
(Without) Well, brother guardian, as you're jolted to death, sit down while I explore.
Separate file is fine. :)
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

mightyfelix wrote: August 29th, 2019, 1:12 pm Found a missing Spriggins line:
(Without) Well, brother guardian, as you're jolted to death, sit down while I explore.
Here are three readings of that line. Hope I matched my previous voice well enough. The first 2 readings have my hand over my mouth to sound more "without"; the last is clean.

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/everybodyshusband_sprigginsextraline_ryan.mp3

Thanks, Todd
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

ToddHW wrote: August 30th, 2019, 9:00 am
mightyfelix wrote: August 29th, 2019, 1:12 pm Found a missing Spriggins line:
Here are three readings of that line. Hope I matched my previous voice well enough. The first 2 readings have my hand over my mouth to sound more "without"; the last is clean.

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/everybodyshusband_sprigginsextraline_ryan.mp3

Thanks, Todd
Thank you. Working my way through this one. I hope to have it ready for PL sometime on Sunday.
PetitPoiSon

Post by PetitPoiSon »

Hello!
Just a note to let you know that my recording of François for Wanted: a male cook is done. I still need to edit it, and I intend to upload it in the coming days.
Salutations from la belle France, ze country of my home :mrgreen:
Pauline
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

PetitPoiSon wrote: September 4th, 2019, 7:19 am Just a note to let you know that my recording of François for Wanted: a male cook is done. I still need to edit it, and I intend to upload it in the coming days.
Salutations from la belle France, ze country of my home :mrgreen:
super, merci beaucoup Pauline de nous faire savoir. :9: We are waiting patiently :)

à bientôt

Sonia
PetitPoiSon

Post by PetitPoiSon »

Bonjour from la belle France!
Here iz ze part of ze French cook François :)
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/wantedamalecook_francois_baker.mp3

It was tricky for me on some words, as it is written to indicate French accent to English-speaking people - sometimes I didn't recognize the original word, so let me know if there is anything to record again, if it's become too much impossible to understand :mrgreen:
I just loved some parts such as "I shake ze dirt of his infernal house from ze roof of my feet" :lol: :lol: :lol:
I hope you'll like it, for me it was both challenging and fun :9:
Salutations from ze country of my home
Pauline
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

PetitPoiSon wrote: September 6th, 2019, 3:42 am I just loved some parts such as "I shake ze dirt of his infernal house from ze roof of my feet" :lol: :lol: :lol:
:lol: sounds like great fun ! Now I wish I had done this part. :mrgreen: I put it in the MW to PL, thank you, Pauline.

Stay tuned !

@Elsie: this is your project. Will you have time to PL it all ? I see Larry's submission hasn't been PLed either. Please let us know if you need help with anything. We're so close to finishing here.

Sonia
elsieselwyn

Post by elsieselwyn »

Hello all! So I am halfway through editing Line of No Resistance, but if someone could edit Male Cook Wanted I would really appreciate it. I don't think I will be able to do it in a timely manner.

Thanks so much,

Elsie
Elsie :9:
Like Sweden and coming of age stories? Read for Pelle the Conqueror
Like travelogues and Anthony Trollope? Read for The West Indies and the Spanish Main
Shadowland: October, 1919
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Update on Everybody's Husband, for those who may be keeping tabs:

Editing is going rather more slowly than I expected. I have up through page 16 and part of page 17 edited. 24 minutes in. I'm not sure I can give an accurate estimate of when I'll be finished, but this one is currently my first priority.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

thank you for the updates, Elsie and Devorah and for giving this a priority.

@Elsie: good to hear you can finish Line of No Resistance. For Male Cook we'll look for another editor then, and I am downloading Larry's and Pauline's files now to PL. I can also PL the final play.

MW is updated. We are close to wrapping up. Here is what still needs doing:

> for 04. Everybody's Husband by Richard Ryan - Devorah will finish editing and Campbell will PL final play
> for 05. A Dollar by David Pinski - we need a PL to listen to the finished play. (I cannot do it because it's not PD for me)
> for 07. The Line of No Resistance by Percival Wilde - Elsie will finish editing and then we need a PL for final play (again, not PD for me)
> for 10. Wanted, A Male Cook by George Melville Baker - we need an Editor to assemble the play. I volunteer to PL the final play.

If anybody is interested in any of the open jobs, please let us know here in the thread.

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

silverquill wrote: August 28th, 2019, 7:32 am Here is the little correction:
https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/wantedamalecook_heartwell_baker.mp3
thank you, Larry, this part is PL ok now :)

Sonia