[COMPLETE] Raspberry Jam by Carolyn Wells - ke

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
SaraHale

Post by SaraHale »

lymiewithpurpose wrote: August 22nd, 2019, 1:48 pm Take your time! Editing is no fun, it's my least favorite part. Overall, nice work! There were a few that I heard little to no difference on. I tried to be more detailed on it, but by all means feel free to ignore if you can't change it:

3:13 – resignedly, I heard it slightly differently this time. I think you’re trying to force it into 2 syllables when it should actually be 4 (‘re-si-ned-ly’)

4:32 – heard no change (still heard monopoLIZE vs moNOpolize), very insignificant edit

13:51 – ‘inconvenienced’, heard no difference, again I think you may be trying to condense syllables instead of ‘in-con-vee-nienced’

21:22 – heard no difference, condensing syllables instead of ‘me-tro-pol-i-tan’
Thanks! I feel the same way. Sorry about that, I gave it another try. Let me know how is it? I hope I got it right. I don't want to trouble you at all. I'm hoping that you'll enjoy it and don't feel like a task for you.

Have a nice day! :D
Thanks, SaraHale. :D
Constructive criticism is always welcome. :thumbs:
lymiewithpurpose

Post by lymiewithpurpose »

SaraHale wrote: August 23rd, 2019, 3:04 am Thanks! I feel the same way. Sorry about that, I gave it another try. Let me know how is it? I hope I got it right. I don't want to trouble you at all. I'm hoping that you'll enjoy it and don't feel like a task for you.

Have a nice day!
I don't mind at all! Anyways, nice job on all of them! They are nearly perfect. If I were being picky I would point out that although you emphasized monopolize on the right syllable this time, you pronounced it with a hard o instead of a soft o (more of that 'ah' sound). But you can still clearly tell what it is and I wouldn't worry about changing it unless you want to. So I'll mark it OK unless you want to change it.
Campbell
pronouns: they/them
SaraHale

Post by SaraHale »

lymiewithpurpose wrote: August 23rd, 2019, 6:21 am I don't mind at all! Anyways, nice job on all of them! They are nearly perfect. If I were being picky I would point out that although you emphasized monopolize on the right syllable this time, you pronounced it with a hard o instead of a soft o (more of that 'ah' sound). But you can still clearly tell what it is and I wouldn't worry about changing it unless you want to. So I'll mark it OK unless you want to change it.
You're so kind. Okay, I'll let go this time. I'm sorry about that. :cry:

There are some difficult words in chapter 2 that I need to focus on. :?

I promise to do my best in the following chapters. :thumbs:

Have a nice day! :D
lymiewithpurpose

SaraHale wrote: August 23rd, 2019, 6:31 am I'm sorry about that.
Don't worry about it! Like I said it's easily understandable still, I'd let you know if it wasn't.
SaraHale wrote: August 23rd, 2019, 6:31 am There are some difficult words in chapter 2 that I need to focus on.
Aww man, yeah there are some tough words in this book. Same for my solo. I feel like every other paragraph there's a work I have to google how to pronounce. Well, we'll both get through it.
Campbell
SaraHale

Post by SaraHale »

lymiewithpurpose wrote: August 23rd, 2019, 6:42 am Don't worry about it! Like I said it's easily understandable still, I'd let you know if it wasn't.
Okay! :thumbs:
lymiewithpurpose wrote: August 23rd, 2019, 6:42 am Aww man, yeah there are some tough words in this book. Same for my solo. I feel like every other paragraph there's a work I have to google how to pronounce. Well, we'll both get through it.
Yeah, tell me about it. Anyway, I like howjsay website to listen to the words. Also, I'm going to use Dictation (https://dictation.io/) to make sure that the pronunciation is correct. Sure, we are.
lymiewithpurpose

SaraHale wrote: August 23rd, 2019, 6:59 am Yeah, tell me about it. Anyway, I like howjsay website to listen to the words. Also, I'm going to use Dictation (https://dictation.io/) to make sure that the pronunciation is correct. Sure, we are.
I'll check those out. I usually just google it and use the first pronunciation that comes up.
Campbell
SaraHale

Post by SaraHale »

lymiewithpurpose wrote: August 23rd, 2019, 7:03 am I'll check those out. I usually just google it and use the first pronunciation that comes up.
I do use Google Translate for Characters' names and so. Well, I hope that you'll find them helpful to you, too.
SaraHale

Post by SaraHale »

Hey Campbell,

Finally, Chapter 2 is up. Let me know what do you think?
lymiewithpurpose

Nice work! I'll make a prediction I think I may change later, Sanbury will murder Hendricks. We'll see. Anyways, here are notes. Again, some are pretty minor, change what you want. I noticed for most of these I forgot to include the full sentence, I apologize.

5:57 – it should be ‘PRES-i-den-cy’ vs ‘pres-i-DEN-cy’
9:29/9:35 – couldn’t find much online, but in real life I’ve heard fogie pronounced ‘fo-gee’ with a hard o. So fogyish would also be pronounced ‘fo-gee-ish’
19:51- heard ‘indefactable’ vs ‘in-de-fa-ti-ga-ble’
21:45 – ‘Esquimau’ pronounced ‘eskimo’ with hard o
24:50 – ‘Pity a grand dame like you can’t scare up a nickel’, in respective order heard grant, dam (should be hard a), and scrap
26:04 – heard ‘scoutin’ vs ‘scootin’
28:20 – ‘never seers before, and groping’, I think the first is a typo of seen, and groping should be pronounced with a hard o

As for constructive criticism, I think you did a better job giving spaces between dialogue. It might not hurt to give a small tad more during the sections of back and forth dialogue with no narration, but overall I think it was better. The other thing I noticed is that the second half was more expressive, so maybe focus on that in your first half (I know it can be hard, I feel for me it's like warm up kind of). Overall I loved it!
Campbell
SaraHale

Post by SaraHale »

Thanks, Campbell!!

I'll fix the notes. I'm happy they are only 8. I'll adjust my silences and be more expressive next time. I'll PL your section in the evening.
SaraHale

Post by SaraHale »

A quick update:

I've recorded Chapter 3 what's left is to edit it a bit. And for some reason, I'm reluctant to do it. Plus a little busy with work.

Campbell, how long does it take you to finish a section? I really want to find a way that it would take less time and be a satisfactory narration at the same time.
lymiewithpurpose

SaraHale wrote: September 8th, 2019, 9:22 am A quick update:

I've recorded Chapter 3 what's left is to edit it a bit. And for some reason, I'm reluctant to do it. Plus a little busy with work.

Campbell, how long does it take you to finish a section? I really want to find a way that it would take less time and be a satisfactory narration at the same time.
Yeah, editing is no fun. Do you use the punch and roll method? For me it pretty much eliminates editing time, as I edit while recording. So for a 30 minute section, it takes me 60 minutes maximum. That being said, as I think I've mentioned, I only listen to snippets of the end result to make sure it sounds ok. Even with this method, I find I make less mistakes than recording and editing. Hopefully that makes sense! Good luck with editing!
Campbell
lymiewithpurpose

Oh, and I just noticed you fixed Chapter 2. Sorry for not realizing. I'll PL today.
Campbell
SaraHale

Post by SaraHale »

lymiewithpurpose wrote: September 8th, 2019, 10:20 am Oh, and I just noticed you fixed Chapter 2. Sorry for not realizing. I'll PL today.
No, I didn't
SaraHale

Post by SaraHale »

I don't know how that happened. But I'll always update you through a post.