[COMPLETE DR]Dr Dolittle's Post Office, Hugh Lofting - ke

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Thanks, these are both PL OK! I like all the different voices - I hadn't realised the White Trader was South African! :thumbs:
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

KevinS wrote: September 5th, 2019, 5:29 pm I'll do one of them for sure. (There's just the one, right? I get confused in these drama threads!)

And unless you say, no, I'm still thinking about the right voice for One-Eye.
Yes, just pick one of my suggestions as they all appear in Part 1.

Don't stress too much about One-Eye! I didn't mean to make trouble! Interpretation is really up to the reader, so whatever you decide will be fine.
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

How's this for the Boatman?

https://librivox.org/uploads/kathrinee/drdolittlespostoffice_boatman_3_128kb.mp3

2:00

I think the pace might be picked up a bit, depending on the context, but that could be done with an editing tool, I imagine.

Let me know if this works. I can always do another voice if you prefer.
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

KevinS wrote: September 5th, 2019, 6:06 pm How's this for the Boatman?

https://librivox.org/uploads/kathrinee/drdolittlespostoffice_boatman_3_128kb.mp3

I think the pace might be picked up a bit, depending on the context, but that could be done with an editing tool, I imagine.

That's a wrap! Perfect! He sounds suitably terrified of the mother-in-law! ;)
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

Elizabby wrote: September 5th, 2019, 6:12 pm
KevinS wrote: September 5th, 2019, 6:06 pm How's this for the Boatman?

That's a wrap! Perfect! He sounds suitably terrified of the mother-in-law! ;)
This is fun!
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Have you looked at the DR Short Stories collection? It's the multicoloured link in my signature file. The advantage of that one is that you can pick a character in each story! There's also the One Act Plays collection, ditto. There's lots of scope in Dramatic Works!
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

Elizabby wrote: September 5th, 2019, 6:16 pm Have you looked at the DR Short Stories collection? It's the multicoloured link in my signature file. The advantage of that one is that you can pick a character in each story! There's also the One Act Plays collection, ditto. There's lots of scope in Dramatic Works!
I'll have a look!
staticGenerator

Post by staticGenerator »

I’d like to claim 19, Jip the dog!
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Thanks for your interest! Lovely to see you here! I’ll put you in for Jip, just post if you have any questions but all the information you need should be in the first post.

This is a humorous children’s book, so animal voices are encouraged! Just be sure the text is also clear.

EDIT: just realized you don’t have a reader page yet. What name are you going to use for your voice credit? You need to say “Jip read by...” This will be the name that appears on all your Librivox work, and it gets read into the audio file so you can’t change it later. I just use my real name for simplicity.
staticGenerator

Elizabby wrote: September 6th, 2019, 4:31 pm This is a humorous children’s book, so animal voices are encouraged! Just be sure the text is also clear.
Humorous voices are my default, so this shouldn’t be a problem. Ask my wife ; )
Elizabby wrote: September 6th, 2019, 4:31 pm just realized you don’t have a reader page yet. What name are you going to use for your voice credit?
I’ll just use my real name. How do I set up a reader page?

Only thing remaining I’m not clear on. How do I locate the sections where I need to read? Do I just read through the book to find them?
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

staticGenerator wrote: September 6th, 2019, 4:55 pm
Elizabby wrote: September 6th, 2019, 4:31 pm just realized you don’t have a reader page yet. What name are you going to use for your voice credit?
I’ll just use my real name. How do I set up a reader page?
You don't do that, I do. Tell me your real name and I'll create the page for you.
Only thing remaining I’m not clear on. How do I locate the sections where I need to read? Do I just read through the book to find them?
Next to Jip the dog, there is a list of Sections in which he appears (S3 I think is the first one). In the Magic Window inside the first post, go to Section 3 and there is a "link to text". If you click on that, it's a colour-coded script of everyone who appears in it. Record your voice credit first "Jip read by yourname" then just read the colour coded bits for Jip, leaving a gap of at least two seconds between each line, for editing. Jip is purple, so just scroll down and read all the purple bits.

Please put each Section for Jip in a separate file, name them drdolittlespostoffice_jip_03 (or whatever the section number is) and upload them to kathrinee's folder in the uploader. Then post the links here - I don't have access to the folder so if you lose the links it makes it tricky to check the files. I'll have a listen and let you know if anything needs to be changed or corrected. Please do all your noise cleaning and volume adjusting just as you would for a normal file, or as you did for you 1 minute test.

It's also helpful if you can tell me how long each file is in minutes and seconds mm:ss, so I can check that everything is there.
SonOfTheExiles

Post by SonOfTheExiles »

Please for me down for Cheapside the Cockney Sparrow.

Cheers,
Chris
Currently on sabbatical from Librivox
staticGenerator

Elizabby wrote: September 6th, 2019, 5:22 pm You don't do that, I do. Tell me your real name and I'll create the page for you.
My real name is...(drum role please) ERIC PRICE :clap:
Elizabby wrote: September 6th, 2019, 5:22 pm Next to Jip the dog, there is a list of Sections in which he appears (S3 I think is the first one). In the Magic Window inside the first post, go to Section 3 and there is a "link to text". If you click on that, it's a colour-coded script of everyone who appears in it. Record your voice credit first "Jip read by yourname" then just read the colour coded bits for Jip, leaving a gap of at least two seconds between each line, for editing. Jip is purple, so just scroll down and read all the purple bits.

Please put each Section for Jip in a separate file, name them drdolittlespostoffice_jip_03 (or whatever the section number is) and upload them to kathrinee's folder in the uploader. Then post the links here - I don't have access to the folder so if you lose the links it makes it tricky to check the files. I'll have a listen and let you know if anything needs to be changed or corrected. Please do all your noise cleaning and volume adjusting just as you would for a normal file, or as you did for you 1 minute test.

It's also helpful if you can tell me how long each file is in minutes and seconds mm:ss, so I can check that everything is there.
Each file is a sections worth of Jip’s recordings, with a 2 second space between each separate highlighted reading, and I’ll provide you with the total time of that recording as well as the link to the recording. Right?

Eager to get started, thanks!
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Thanks Chris, you’re in!