[COMPLETE DR]Dr Dolittle's Post Office, Hugh Lofting - ke

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Algy Pug

Post by Algy Pug »

I would be happy to do one of the available roles in Chapter 7.

Cheers
Algy Pug

My Librivox page

Post by Elizabby »

I think you’d make a fantastic Royal Meterologist! Unimpressed with all the animals!
Algy Pug

Post by Algy Pug »

Elizabby wrote: September 5th, 2019, 1:17 am I think you’d make a fantastic Royal Meterologist! Unimpressed with all the animals!

Thank you.
Algy Pug

My Librivox page

Post by Pinklady77 »

mightyfelix wrote: September 4th, 2019, 9:17 pm
Pinklady77 wrote: September 4th, 2019, 7:47 pm Hello,
I'm back. I can do the lighthouse keeper and the royal meteorologist.
Lola J
I'm sorry, but since these two roles both appear in the same section, I don't want the same reader for both of them. You can have one of the two. Which would you prefer?
I was sure I found two separate sections.lol ok I'll take the lighthouse keeper
Thank you
Lola
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Thank you all! MW updated. :D
Algy Pug

Post by Algy Pug »

Algy Pug

My Librivox page

Post by Elizabby »

Algy Pug wrote: September 5th, 2019, 3:46 pm Royal Meteorologist uploaded:

https://librivox.org/uploads/kathrinee/drdolittlespostoffice_meterologist_7_128kb.mp3
0:24

Cheers
Thanks Algy, this is PL OK - I knew you'd make a suitably posh Royal Meteorologist!

Actually, there's another English (human) character in Section 11, Nicholas Scroggins, if you'd be interested in reading him? It's just a letter to Dr Dolittle, so one paragraph long.

Or there's a "White Trader" in Section 2, who gives advice to the natives about how post offices work - another rather posh character who sounds a bit condescending. (Not that I'm suggesting anything about you personally, but I think your accent works with these kinds of characters!)
Algy Pug

Post by Algy Pug »

Happy to do both.
Algy Pug

My Librivox page

Post by Elizabby »

chuckconvr wrote: August 22nd, 2019, 7:08 pm OK - my first dramatic reading. (Be gentle) :)

https://librivox.org/uploads/kathrinee/drdolittlespostoffice_thecaptain_01_128kb.mp3 @ 3:46

Chuck
Hi Chuck! This was a fantastic reading - I really loved the characterisation you gave the Captain! The one problem is that there are a few really loud clicks in the middle of the reading. I'm not sure if it is clipping from too much amplification or will need a re-recording. Can you please check these spots in your file and see if you can clean it up? I can give you a bit of advice on how to do it if you aren't sure, or look at Phil's instructional video on click removal.

Please check these time stamps in your file: 1:25, 1:58, 2:40.

Section 2 was PL OK - you don't need to say "end of section" as this is a character part which will be cut into the main chapter - the narrator says the start and end of chapter headings for everyone.
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Algy Pug wrote: September 5th, 2019, 4:38 pm Happy to do both.
Great, thanks! You're up early!
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

KevinS wrote: September 4th, 2019, 7:11 pm Mudface, S15

Crossing my fingers!

https://librivox.org/uploads/kathrinee/drdolittlespostoffice_mudface_15_128kb.mp3

1:54
Thanks Kevin, this is PL OK! He really sounds like a turtle!

If you can do a different voice for him we also need a "Piffilosaurus" with a deep voice. He's a kind of dinosaur, I think. They mistake him for a brontosaurus at first.

Or if you'd rather be a human for a change, we need a couple of sailors in Sections 1 and 2, or "Begwe" the kidnapped husband of Zusana. Actually, I think you'd be good for the "boatman" in Section 3. He's the old man who tells Dr Dolittle and co. the story of how the island came to be thought to be haunted.

(These parts are all in Part 1, so you'd have to pick one of group as they are non-overlapping.)
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

Bill Mosley wrote: August 22nd, 2019, 12:21 pm Howdy from Texas!

The first installment of King Koko
1:19
https://librivox.org/uploads/kathrinee/drdolittlespostoffice_kingkoko_2_128kb.mp3
Thanks Bill! All the King Ko-Ko sections are PL OK! On to the Pushmi-Pullyu! :9:
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

That's it, I think the PLing is all up to date! (If I've missed anything please post again to remind me!)
Algy Pug

Post by Algy Pug »

Algy Pug

My Librivox page

Post by KevinS »

Elizabby wrote: September 5th, 2019, 5:00 pm
KevinS wrote: September 4th, 2019, 7:11 pm Mudface, S15

Crossing my fingers!

https://librivox.org/uploads/kathrinee/drdolittlespostoffice_mudface_15_128kb.mp3

1:54
Thanks Kevin, this is PL OK! He really sounds like a turtle!

If you can do a different voice for him we also need a "Piffilosaurus" with a deep voice. He's a kind of dinosaur, I think. They mistake him for a brontosaurus at first.

Or if you'd rather be a human for a change, we need a couple of sailors in Sections 1 and 2, or "Begwe" the kidnapped husband of Zusana. Actually, I think you'd be good for the "boatman" in Section 3. He's the old man who tells Dr Dolittle and co. the story of how the island came to be thought to be haunted.

(These parts are all in Part 1, so you'd have to pick one of group as they are non-overlapping.)
I'll do one of them for sure. (There's just the one, right? I get confused in these drama threads!)

And unless you say, no, I'm still thinking about the right voice for One-Eye.