[COMPLETE] Men Like Gods by H. G. Wells - kiki

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
aniroo

Post by aniroo »

Sections 1 & 2 Pl Notes:

Section 2 is missing an intro as written in instructions <Section [number] of Men Like Gods . This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
If you wish, say: "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
Say:
"Men Like Gods , by H. G. Wells. [Chapter]"

Both sections are missing the outro, a short piece that ends the recording: At the end of the section, say:
"End of [Chapter]"
If you wish, say:
"Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
At the end of the book, say (in addition):
"End of Men Like Gods , by H. G. Wells. "

Small edits, shouldn't take much time. Be sure to post new times.

Now for the good stuff! :D A real pleasure to listen to. :clap: Good expression and change of voice for characters. Well paced, not too slow or fast. Look forward to more from you. :thumbs: :thumbs:

Thanks,
aniroo
aniroo :wink:
aniroo

Post by aniroo »

Section 3 was another delight to listen to. :clap: :thumbs:

PL NOtes: Intro is incomplete. Just fill in the brackets with the name of your section, chapter, etc. "Section [number] of Men Like Gods . This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
If you wish, say: "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
Say:

The outro is missing. At the end of the section, say:
"End of [Chapter]"
If you wish, say:
"End of Men Like Gods , by H. G. Wells.
"

Be sure to include the new time when you re submit. :D
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

aniroo does such a good job of PLing!

She/he cheers me up!
powellb

Post by powellb »

aniroo wrote: September 3rd, 2019, 7:23 pm Section 3 was another delight to listen to. :clap: :thumbs:

PL NOtes: Intro is incomplete. Just fill in the brackets with the name of your section, chapter, etc. "Section [number] of Men Like Gods . This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
Say:

"End of [Chapter]"
If you wish, say:
"

Hi Aniroo,

So glad you enjoyed listening. Thank you very much for all the positive feedback. I've really enjoyed the narration experience so far. ;)

As for the intros, I take it that you mean the confusion About how the book is broken down "book the first" "chapter the first" etc. ? I thought I read something about that in the forum early on with this book. I'll work to fix it soon.

Missed the outros. Oops. I'll get those recordes soon too.

Thanks for PL'ing!

Brian
aniroo

Post by aniroo »

powellb wrote: September 3rd, 2019, 9:31 pm
aniroo wrote: September 3rd, 2019, 7:23 pm Section 3 was another delight to listen to. :clap: :thumbs:

Say:

"End of [Chapter]"
If you wish, say:
"

Hi Aniroo,

So glad you enjoyed listening. Thank you very much for all the positive feedback. I've really enjoyed the narration experience so far. ;)

As for the intros, I take it that you mean the confusion About how the book is broken down "book the first" "chapter the first" etc. ? I thought I read something about that in the forum early on with this book. I'll work to fix it soon.

Missed the outros. Oops. I'll get those recordes soon too.

Thanks for PL'ing!

Brian

Hi Brian,

I think if you just incllude the section number and the name of the chapter it would be oK.
"Section 3 of Men Like Gods . This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
Say:
"Men Like Gods , by H. G. Wells. Book One Chapter 3 The Beautiful People.

Just use what is in the Magic Window.

Hope you keep enjoying the narration. The key is to find projects you really enjoy, I think.

aniroo

[/b]
aniroo

Post by aniroo »

KevinS wrote: September 3rd, 2019, 8:28 pm aniroo does such a good job of PLing!

She/he cheers me up!

Thanks, she's blushing.
aniroo

Post by aniroo »

Section 11 PL NOTES:

Section 11 is almost perfect :D :thumbs: . Just too quiet . The lowest level should be at 86 and this one is 83.5. Just amplify by 3? and resubmit. I use Checker to find the volume levels. BTW.

Thanks,
aniroo
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

aniroo wrote: September 4th, 2019, 7:53 am Section 11 PL NOTES:

Section 11 is almost perfect :D :thumbs: . Just too quiet . The lowest level should be at 86 and this one is 83.5. Just amplify by 3? and resubmit. I use Checker to find the volume levels. BTW.

Thanks,
aniroo
I hope this fixes the problem. I don't know what I was thinking, though I've had an awful time with the file.

https://librivox.org/uploads/kikisaulite/menlikegods_11_wells_128kb.mp3

51:27

Hahaah! Maybe it's my cat who logs on and ruins things. Do you think 'MeowMeowMeow` is not a good enough password?
aniroo

Post by aniroo »

KevinS wrote: September 4th, 2019, 10:28 am

Thanks,
aniroo
I hope this fixes the problem. I don't know what I was thinking, though I've had an awful time with the file.

Hahaah! Maybe it's my cat who logs on and ruins things. Do you think 'MeowMeowMeow` is not a good enough password?

I have to wait for it to show up in the MW before I can PL, but I know that if I tried a file this long I would have 10X the trouble of any other file.
Try "woofwoofwoof?

aniroo
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

aniroo wrote: September 4th, 2019, 3:21 pm

Thanks,
aniroo

I have to wait for it to show up in the MW before I can PL, but I know that if I tried a file this long I would have 10X the trouble of any other file.
Try "woofwoofwoof?

aniroo
Hahaha! Ingenious. Unhackable!
aniroo

Post by aniroo »

KevinS wrote: September 4th, 2019, 3:41 pm
aniroo wrote: September 4th, 2019, 3:21 pm

Try "woofwoofwoof?

aniroo
Hahaha! Ingenious. Unhackable!

:thumbs:
cowguy02

Post by cowguy02 »

Thanks for that new file. I also approve the ingenious password. :D
Projects that need readers
ONLY ONE CHAPTER TO GO!!!!!! Bealby
The life of Harriot Stuart
The Blind Brother[/color]
powellb

Post by powellb »

Say:

"End of [Chapter]"
If you wish, say:
"

Files corrected and uploaded. Oh, I also corrected the word "Chinese" to "Japanese" during the section where Mr. Barnstable was reading the note from his Chinese friend (chapter 1). I caught this mistake after re-listening to the chapter again ... I had to double take to be sure I had heard it correctly...

https://librivox.org/uploads/kikisaulite/menlikegods_01_wells_128kb.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/kikisaulite/menlikegods_02_wells_128kb.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/kikisaulite/menlikegods_03_wells_128kb.mp3

Section 1 - 21:14
Section 2 - 12:09
Section 3 - 24:36

Let me know if you find anything else!

Thanks,

Brian
cowguy02

Post by cowguy02 »

powellb wrote: September 8th, 2019, 6:50 pm

Say:

"End of [Chapter]"
If you wish, say:
"

Files corrected and uploaded. Oh, I also corrected the word "Chinese" to "Japanese" during the section where Mr. Barnstable was reading the note from his Chinese friend (chapter 1). I caught this mistake after re-listening to the chapter again ... I had to double take to be sure I had heard it correctly...

https://librivox.org/uploads/kikisaulite/menlikegods_01_wells_128kb.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/kikisaulite/menlikegods_02_wells_128kb.mp3
https://librivox.org/uploads/kikisaulite/menlikegods_03_wells_128kb.mp3

Section 1 - 21:14
Section 2 - 12:09
Section 3 - 24:36

Let me know if you find anything else!

Thanks,

Brian
Links updated. Thank you!
Projects that need readers
ONLY ONE CHAPTER TO GO!!!!!! Bealby
The life of Harriot Stuart
The Blind Brother[/color]
powellb

Post by powellb »

Hello all,

I see my sections are still shown in red, but I don't see any new feedback or anything. Is there a "pause" on this project or something?

Thanks,

Brian