[COMPLETE][Group/humorous essays] Hints to Pilgrims by Charles S. Brooks - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

BeauWood wrote: August 29th, 2019, 3:43 pmPlease rescind my request for section 17, “A corner for echoes.”
I apologize for not reading the entire script more carefully in advance but there is language in that section I’m not comfortable narrating.
oh I'm sorry to hear that. But yes, if you are not comfortable with the text, then I'll reopen the section. Thank you for notifying me immediately. :)

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

GreenEggs1700 wrote: August 29th, 2019, 11:03 pm I would like to do section 3.
- Sam Green
Hi Sam and thank you for claiming. :) Glad to have you in this project. Section 3 is marked down for you. Have fun !

Sonia
Carod

Post by Carod »

Hi there

Could I do sections 6 and 12?

Caro
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Carod wrote: September 4th, 2019, 3:01 am Could I do sections 6 and 12?
thank you, and welcome to this project. I hope you have fun with the sections :)

Sonia
sntaylor20

Post by sntaylor20 »

Hello there! I'm a newbie here, but as someone who has made good use of the listening side of LibriVox, I can't wait to help out! :D I would like to claim Section 10, "On finding a plot."
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

sntaylor20 wrote: September 4th, 2019, 12:34 pmHello there! I'm a newbie here, but as someone who has made good use of the listening side of LibriVox, I can't wait to help out! :D I would like to claim Section 10, "On finding a plot."
hello and welcome !!! We love enthusiasm and I'm happy to have you read in this project.

However before you start recording this longer chapter, I would highly recommend doing a one-minute test first to check your technical settings are all up to LV standard. You get all the details in your welcome mail and also here: https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=1-Minute_Test

Please post the test in the Listeners Wanted forum: viewforum.php?f=21 and someone will check it and give you feedback or advice if needed.

As soon as the test is ok'ed, please post the results back here, and then I can assign you the sections officially. For that I would need to open a personal reader page for you, so please also tell me which reader name you want to go by. Can be the same as the forum name or your real name, or whatever.

For the moment, I will reserve the Section 10 for you for one month, to give you time to sort out the test. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask. :)

Good luck with the test ! :)

Sonia
Carod

Post by Carod »

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Carod wrote: September 5th, 2019, 7:44 am Chapter 6 uploaded
this was simply hi-la-ri-ous, Caro !!! Thank you so much. The whole beginning sounded like a how-to for budding Monthy Python sketches and then when the undertakers were singing in chorus I was split in half. :lol: Had a great chuckle all through and thank you for narrating it so lively and tongue-in-cheek. Wonderful chapter and totally PL ok.

Already looking forward to the next part. :)

Sonia
Carod

Post by Carod »

Glad you liked chapter 6. Not sure a lawnmower is quite as funny... but anyway:

Chapter 12 uploaded

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/hintstopilgrims_12_brooks_128kb.mp3

8:29

Would you be happy for me to do Chapter 8, A Visit to a Poet?

Caro
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Carod wrote: September 6th, 2019, 9:42 am Would you be happy for me to do Chapter 8, A Visit to a Poet?
I most certainly would :9: thank you !

Will PL your lawnmower story later on, or at the latest tomorrow ! Thank you

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Carod wrote: September 6th, 2019, 9:42 am Not sure a lawnmower is quite as funny... but anyway:
Chapter 12 uploaded
well you made it entertaining after all, it wasn't boring at all. 8-) Absolutely PL ok as well. Thank you

Sonia
Carod

Post by Carod »

Chapter 8 uploaded.

I did enjoy this one! The words of the young poet ring a bell right up to today. I guess young people don't change so much.. :lol:

Caro

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/hintstopilgrims_08_brooks_128kb.mp3

16:28
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Carod wrote: September 11th, 2019, 8:02 am Chapter 8 uploaded.
I did enjoy this one! The words of the young poet ring a bell right up to today. I guess young people don't change so much.. :lol:
indeed, a funny chapter. I loved the episode when they talk about the embalmer :lol: Our author seems to be mildly taken aback by all this neighbourhood.

Excellently narrated again, thank you so much. PL ok without a doubt.

Sonia
sunnygoswami

Post by sunnygoswami »

Hi Sonia,

May I claim section 7, please?

Kind regards,
Sunny
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

sunnygoswami wrote: September 12th, 2019, 2:36 am May I claim section 7, please?
oh, hey :mrgreen: yes of course, thank you for participating. I hope you are having fun with the section.

Sonia