COMPLETE [BIOG] Little Pictorial Lives of the Saints, Vol. 1 (Jan. - Mar.) - kiki

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Stepping in here by request from both parties. I'm putting on my judge's robe.

I think after reading the posts, Lynda should have 24-31 since she has recorded them assuming that the claim was solid. However, Lynda, please in future do not start recording until you've gotten confirmation of the claim.

Kevin, you can send a humble, apologetic PM to the two other claimants that you accidentally missed someone else's prior claim. Mistakes happen. :)

Second issue: saying you want to limit one person's claims in order to give others a chance to record, then claiming so many sections yourself, gives a bad impression, IMHO. Perhaps you changed your mind about leaving it open for more readers after saying that to Lynda, but I think Lynda's original claim would then supersede your assigning those sections to someone else (yourself). Does this make sense? So I'd say that since you're allowing a bunch of sections to be recorded by one person, Lynda's request for all through section 37 is valid and should be honored.

If you do want to have sections available for more people to record, you could limit the number of sections per reader to 6 or 10. (I was going to say 5, but since it would be changing the rules partway through, and since Lynda has already recorded 6 sections, it's only fair to allow the ones she's recorded.) That would give others a chance to join in without one person hogging too many of them. But that would include limiting yourself to 6 or 10, also. ;) If the project ends up going too slowly then, you could increase the limit at that point.

We are all human and make mistakes, and sometimes don't know how to correct them. (Who knew that someone would be enthusiastic and prolific and want to record 25 of the 50 sections in a group project? LOL! And who knew that internet service can go down, and a claim post could be overlooked at the same time, so that a perfect storm of problems occur?) Sometimes the best solution means no one is completely happy. :? I hope what I've proposed is acceptable.
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
Kikisaulite
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kikisaulite »

Section 2 is PL OK!
Section 93 - as it is the end of the book, the text "End of Little Pictorial Lives of the Saints, Volume 1 (January-March), by John Gilmary Shea. " should be read at the end.

K. :)
Keep your mind here and now, where it belongs.
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

Kevin -

Can you please update the MW?

Thanks!

Lynda
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

I think I'm all caught up. All submissions PL OK except for my Section 93. It needs a tweek.
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Hi, Kevin

I knew I should have claimed more the first time, but I didn't expect these to go so quickly
If, and only if, you would like to relinquish a few of yours, I would be glad to take sections 46-53.
Entirely your discretion, of course.
~ Larry
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

silverquill wrote: September 2nd, 2019, 5:48 pm Hi, Kevin

I knew I should have claimed more the first time, but I didn't expect these to go so quickly
If, and only if, you would like to relinquish a few of yours, I would be glad to take sections 46-53.
Entirely your discretion, of course.
I will certainly consider it.

The project turned into what I thought would be a daily mediation for myself.
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

KevinS wrote: September 2nd, 2019, 3:05 pm I think I'm all caught up. All submissions PL OK except for my Section 93. It needs a tweek.
Per my post on August 16th when I posted some recordings and what Tricia said "Lynda's request for all through section 37 is valid and should be honored. "

I am still waiting for Sections 32 - 37 to be assigned to me.

I am going to record them tonight.

Thanks.
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

Lmnei wrote: September 2nd, 2019, 6:29 pm
KevinS wrote: September 2nd, 2019, 3:05 pm I think I'm all caught up. All submissions PL OK except for my Section 93. It needs a tweek.
Per my post on August 16th when I posted some recordings and what Tricia said "Lynda's request for all through section 37 is valid and should be honored. "

Thanks.
I don't know if I would bother, Lmnei. This project may never get completed. Have them if you want them.
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

Thanks.
Perhaps you would like the project? I think that might be the very best thing.
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

KevinS wrote: September 2nd, 2019, 7:30 pm

Thanks.
No thanks. I just started a bunch of solos yesterday so I have lots to do in the next few months. :)
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

Lmnei wrote: September 2nd, 2019, 7:36 pm
KevinS wrote: September 2nd, 2019, 7:30 pm

Thanks.
No thanks. I just started a bunch of solos yesterday so I have lots to do in the next few months. :)
I thought it only right that I make this offer to you. I regret that you did not accept it.
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

Kikisaulite
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kikisaulite »

And 93 is now PL OK! :clap:
Keep your mind here and now, where it belongs.
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

Kikisaulite wrote: September 4th, 2019, 12:31 pm And 93 is now PL OK! :clap:
Thank you.

If it's all right with you, kiki, I'm just going to plod along with this. Hopefully Lmnei and the few others who have claims can record their parts before their deadlines, if they wish. And I think I have a DPL arranged who can take on the extra burden of my doing so many parts. I don't want to trouble you or M8b1 with this.

Bless you,
Kevin