[Solo] The Tale of Turkey Proudfoot by Arthur Scott Bailey - Philc

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

The Tale of Turkey Proudfoot by Arthur Scott Bailey (1877 - 1949).

This project can now be found in our catalog at https://librivox.org/the-tale-of-turkey-proudfoot-version-2-by-arthur-scott-bailey/
Another Slumbertown and Tuck-Me In Tale book by Arthur Scott Bailey, this time we meet Turkey Proudfoot at Farmer Greens farm in Pleasant Valley and his fellow yard mates who loved to mimic his beautiful tail. ( Lynda Marie Neilson)
  • Text source (only read from this text!): http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/21844
  • Type of proof-listening required (Note: please read the PL FAQ): standard

IMPORTANT - soloist, please note: in order to limit the amount of languishing projects (and hence the amount of files on our hard-pressed server), we ask that you post an update at least once a month in your project thread, even if you haven't managed to record anything. If we don't hear from you for three months, your project may be opened up to a group project if a Book Coordinator is found. Files you have completed will be used in this project. If you haven't recorded anything yet, your project will be removed from the forum (contact any admin to see if it can be re-instated).
    Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin
    ===========================================
    This paragraph is temporary and will be replaced by the MC with the list of sections and reader (Magic Window) once this project is in the admin system.

============================================

Genres for the project: Children's Fiction/Action & Adventure; Children's Fiction/Animals & Nature; Children's Fiction/Short works

Keywords that describe the book: children, Turkey, farm

============================================
  • The reader will record the following at the beginning and end of each file:
    No more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording!
    START of recording (Intro):
    • "Chapter [number] of The Tale of Turkey Proudfoot . This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
      "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
    • Say:
      "The Tale of Turkey Proudfoot , by Arthur Scott Bailey. [Chapter Title]"

For the second and all subsequent sections, you may optionally use the shortened form of this intro disclaimer:
    • "Chapter [number] of The Tale of Turkey Proudfoot by Arthur Scott Bailey. This LibriVox recording is in the Public Domain."
      "[Chapter title]"
    END of recording:
    • At the end of the section, say:
      "End of [Chapter]"
    • At the end of the book, say (in addition):
      "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
      "End of The Tale of Turkey Proudfoot , by Arthur Scott Bailey. "

There should be ~5 seconds silence at the end of the recording.
  • Example filename taleturkeyproudfoot_##_bailey_128kb.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is the section number (e.g. taleturkeyproudfoot_01_bailey_128kb.mp3)

Transfer of files (completed recordings)
    Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file. Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
    • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader Image
      (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
    • You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: philchenevert
    • When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
    • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.

Any questions?
    Please post below
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

I have a DPL
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

I will set this up for you. :thumbs:
EDIT: there you go!
"I lost my trousers," said Tom expansively.
89 Decibels? Easy Peasy ! https://youtu.be/aSKR55RDVpk
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

Thanks Phil!

Lynda :thumbs:
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

Hey Phil -

My Private Messaging does not seem to be working. I have sent two messages to two different people and they are both sitting in my Outbox and have been for 3-4 days now. I have also replied to each message thinking that it will send them again however both the replies are in the Outbox too! Obviously I cannot PM you about it so I am messaging you here.

Do you know what is going on? Can you please attach HZFerr to this book and then hopefully she will see it and check here and then RSVP?

Lynda
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

I am not sure what is going on. Please send me a PM as another trial to see if we can track down the problem.
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

philchenevert wrote: September 2nd, 2019, 1:02 pm I am not sure what is going on. Please send me a PM as another trial to see if we can track down the problem.
Just sent. It is right now in my Outbox with the others....

Lynda
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

Lmnei wrote: September 2nd, 2019, 1:07 pm
philchenevert wrote: September 2nd, 2019, 1:02 pm I am not sure what is going on. Please send me a PM as another trial to see if we can track down the problem.

Lynda
I got it and replied. Maybe the problem is fixed?
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

philchenevert wrote: September 2nd, 2019, 1:25 pm
Lmnei wrote: September 2nd, 2019, 1:07 pm

Lynda
I got it and replied. Maybe the problem is fixed?
I think I did not understand how PM's work in LV. Maria just told me (as I posted for her to assign Helen to one of my books too) that messages sit in the Outbox until the person reads them and then they move to the Sent Folder. So MaryAnn and Helen have not read their messages yet - that is all and you did so yours worked perfectly!

Thanks for your help!

Lynda
HZFerr

Post by HZFerr »

Hi Lynda & Phil,

I just received this pm.
DPL reporting in. :D
Helen

POW/MIA, we will remember them.
5/4/66 (S.V.) Malone, Jimmy M.
Private U.S. Army, 1st Battalion, 503rd Infantry
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

Phil - can you please move us to Going Solo?
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

Lmnei wrote: September 2nd, 2019, 11:11 pm Phil - can you please move us to Going Solo?
Sure can. :thumbs:
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

The original soloist has decided to abandon this project and notified the MC via PM on Sept 5, 2019. Accordingly I have removed them as BC and will decide at a later date whether to open this up as a group project or move it to abandoned.
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

Hi Phil,

Can you please re-assign this to me? Helen will still be the DPL. No, I am not crazy!

I am SO SORRY, for all the trouble I caused you. I am going through my solo's faster than I expected and I think I will need this on the back burner as a shorter chapter book to record on the cruise ship....

I looked up the other Turkey recording and it was a group project so doing this, as you pointed out, as a solo makes sense.

Many thanks....

Lynda
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

Hi Lynda. Sure, I will move this back to Going Solo for you. No problem at all. :thumbs: