listening continuously

Post your questions & get help from friendly LibriVoxers
mauramac

Post by mauramac »

Hi everyone
Apologies if this is a dumb question but is it possible to listen continuously without having to open up each chapter separately? It breaks the flow of the story to hear the books title, author and reader details in between each chapter.
Also if I should move my phone the recording stops and I have to open up the chapter again and try to locate the place it was interrupted at.

These are probably my fault and hopefully easily fixed but they are driving me nuts right now.

Thanks for helping an ageing technophobe out.
Regards
mauramac
ej400

Post by ej400 »

mauramac wrote: August 30th, 2019, 8:53 am Hi everyone
Apologies if this is a dumb question but is it possible to listen continuously without having to open up each chapter separately? It breaks the flow of the story to hear the books title, author and reader details in between each chapter.
Also if I should move my phone the recording stops and I have to open up the chapter again and try to locate the place it was interrupted at.

These are probably my fault and hopefully easily fixed but they are driving me nuts right now.

Regards
mauramac
Unfortunately not. We only upload a section or chapter at a time because some listeners and readers prefer to only read 1 or day. Also, if we were to record an entire book and not have the chapter breaks or sections, it would be annoying when you stop and return only to have to find your place again in the recording.

I'm sorry if I'm not getting what your question means here, but moving your phone makes the recording stop?
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

mauramac wrote: August 30th, 2019, 8:53 am Hi everyone

Regards
mauramac
As far as I know, LibriVox recordings are designed in this way to ensure that the information about their being in the public domain is prominent. I load whole books onto my mp3 player, however, and can listen to one chapter after another without doing anything but hit the first play button. The title, author, etc... is announced between chapters, but one gets accustomed to this very quickly I find.

Did you have any specific question? We have a pretty good team of techies here. (I'm not one of them. I'd still use a rotary phone if I could!)
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

I believe that is the function of your MP3 book reader. Usually it will just move automatically to the next chapter without stopping but perhaps that is not what you mean.
Peruvian owls always hunt in pairs because they are inca hoots.
89 Decibels? Easy Peasy ! https://youtu.be/aSKR55RDVpk
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

philchenevert wrote: August 30th, 2019, 11:05 am I believe that is the function of your MP3 book reader. Usually it will just move automatically to the next chapter without stopping but perhaps that is not what you mean.
Agreed.

What app are you using to listen? Are you downloading the files or streaming them?
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

if you are listening on an i-thing you can download the M4B version - it lets you stop and resume several books at once .

Anne
JenniferFour

Post by JenniferFour »

If you use the app called LibriVox (which is not sponsored by LibriVox), it will play 1 chapter after the other. It also strips a few seconds from the front of each chapter so most of the disclaimer is cut off. I don’t know if that is true for all the books or just ones I have been listening to lately.
Critical feedback is ALWAYS welcome - in the forum or via PM