[COMPLETE][SOLO][Gothic novel] The Castles of Athlin and Dunbayne by Ann Radcliffe - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ah I'm being spoiled with 2 chapters today :9: excellent perfectly PL ok readings again. The story of the Baroness is tragic and I have a new prediction. Knowing Ann Radcliffe plots I am suspecting that the baroness' young son has not died but is in fact Alleyn. :mrgreen: So he will be the legal heir in the end and Mary can marry him without any class-difference problems. Osbert will marry Laura and all are happy in the end.

Sonia
narratedbyrandall

Post by narratedbyrandall »

Kitty wrote: August 31st, 2019, 5:59 am ah I'm being spoiled with 2 chapters today :9: excellent perfectly PL ok readings again. The story of the Baroness is tragic and I have a new prediction. Knowing Ann Radcliffe plots I am suspecting that the baroness' young son has not died but is in fact Alleyn. :mrgreen: So he will be the legal heir in the end and Mary can marry him without any class-difference problems. Osbert will marry Laura and all are happy in the end.

Sonia
You have guessed correctly. I recorded all the chapters yesterday! Just have to fix errors now. It was a nice short "feel good" book. Thank you!
- Lauren
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

narratedbyrandall wrote: August 31st, 2019, 7:36 amYou have guessed correctly.
I am now being very smug about this 8-) :lol:

cool, this project is close to completion then :9:

Sonia
narratedbyrandall

:clap: ...maybe by tomorrow...
Kitty wrote: August 31st, 2019, 7:37 am
narratedbyrandall wrote: August 31st, 2019, 7:36 amYou have guessed correctly.
I am now being very smug about this 8-) :lol:

cool, this project is close to completion then :9:

Sonia
- Lauren
narratedbyrandall

- Lauren
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

:? I didn't like this chapter too much. The mother and Osbert trying to convince Mary that she needs to marry the Count instead of the "unworthy" Alleyn were not really sympathtic in my eyes. It was a slap in the face of Alleyn, who did so much for them, risked his life and all. :(

But: a great reading nevertheless, Lauren. :thumbs: Totally PL ok.

Thanks

Sonia
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

According to their colture, class was the most important thing. so Allen could do a lot and still be "unworthy".
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

miss stav wrote: August 31st, 2019, 1:06 pm According to their colture, class was the most important thing. so Allen could do a lot and still be "unworthy".
I know...doesn't mean I have to like it ;) To me, merit would always be more worthy than birth. And if they thought like that, they could have married her off to the rich Baron of Athlin, he was worthy in their class.

Sonia
narratedbyrandall

- Lauren
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

excellent chapter again. Aha, the baron died a bit faster than I expected :lol: and now the way is paved for the discovery of Alleyn's family tree. ;)

Perfectly PL ok again, thank you Lauren !

Sonia
narratedbyrandall

- Lauren
narratedbyrandall

Final Chapter (Chapter 12) is PL ready.

29:18

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/athlinanddunbayne_12_radcliffe_128kb.mp3

Thank you for reviewing! :D
- Lauren
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

wow, an excellent job all around, Lauren :clap: You finished this book in record time and the last two chapters are also PL ok. And what a happy ending it is, every good man is rewarded in the end and love triumphs. :9: A bit unbelievable, but charming. I loved the book and your narration.

Now all that remains is the cataloguing, which I will take care of now. Will post the link once it's done. :)

Congrats to a great solo.

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

and here is the finished result:

This project is now complete! All audio files can now be found on the catalog page for this project https://librivox.org/the-castles-of-athlin-and-dunbayne-by-ann-radcliffe/

Moving over to Completed :)

Sonia
narratedbyrandall

Kitty wrote: September 3rd, 2019, 1:14 am wow, an excellent job all around, Lauren :clap: You finished this book in record time and the last two chapters are also PL ok. And what a happy ending it is, every good man is rewarded in the end and love triumphs. :9: A bit unbelievable, but charming. I loved the book and your narration.

Now all that remains is the cataloguing, which I will take care of now. Will post the link once it's done. :)

Congrats to a great solo.

Sonia
Sonia, Thank you for your kind words and for your time and guidance!

:clap:
- Lauren