[COMPLETE] The Lake Mystery by Marvin Dana - dc

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
lymiewithpurpose

Post by lymiewithpurpose »

8 is up. I thought I knew what was going on... now I'm not sure.
Campbell
pronouns: they/them
lymiewithpurpose

9 is up too. All I can say without spoilers is aha!
Campbell
SaraHale

Post by SaraHale »

lymiewithpurpose wrote: August 24th, 2019, 10:21 am 8 is up. I thought I knew what was going on... now I'm not sure.
I think I know what you mean. At first, I thought Masters and May were in the music room. Now, it's someone else. :hmm:

PL Note:
@13m:16.739s - he announced. Dear Doctor, we need to operate from "she announced" to "he announced".

Other than that, It's a perfect narration. :thumbs:
Thanks, SaraHale. :D
Constructive criticism is always welcome. :thumbs:
SaraHale

Post by SaraHale »

lymiewithpurpose wrote: August 25th, 2019, 11:30 am 9 is up too. All I can say without spoilers is aha!
WOW!!! So, the clue is indeed in the music sheet. And to think that Billy will be the one to notice it. Well, who do you think was in the music room in chapter 8? I don't know, but I think Jake was the one running.

Chapter 9 is PL OK. :clap:

Good night!
lymiewithpurpose

SaraHale wrote: August 27th, 2019, 10:26 am PL Note:
@13m:16.739s - he announced. Dear Doctor, we need to operate from "she announced" to "he announced".
Thank you! For some reason I could not hear 'she' but only 'he'. I tried removing a tad of noise at the beginning, let me know if it helped.
SaraHale wrote: August 27th, 2019, 12:49 pm Well, who do you think was in the music room in chapter 8? I don't know, but I think Jake was the one running.
Jake makes a lot of sense, although I can't imagine why. I guess we'll see. And yes, Billy is being very helpful!

I am going to get to work on recording the next chapter, and will try to at least begin PLing your chapter. May finish tomorrow (I always take breaks around every 10 minutes when I PL to make sure I can focus well).
Campbell
lymiewithpurpose

10 is up. Oh Masters...
Campbell
SaraHale

Post by SaraHale »

Hey Campbell,

Chapter 8, for some reason, I still hear it as "she" instead of "he".

Chapter 10, a very minor PL Note, @09m:07.966s - except the emotion that the author. Missed "the emotion"

Other than that, it's a perfect narration as always. :thumbs:
lymiewithpurpose

SaraHale wrote: September 1st, 2019, 10:30 am Hey Campbell,

Chapter 8, for some reason, I still hear it as "she" instead of "he".

Chapter 10, a very minor PL Note, @09m:07.966s - except the emotion that the author. Missed "the emotion"

Other than that, it's a perfect narration as always. :thumbs:
Fixed it! If 8 is still not better we're going to have to leave it, I re recorded that sentence this time.
Campbell
SaraHale

Post by SaraHale »

lymiewithpurpose wrote: September 2nd, 2019, 9:29 am Fixed it! If 8 is still not better we're going to have to leave it, I re recorded that sentence this time.
Thanks, Campbell. I'll check it out today after work or tomorrow morning.
lymiewithpurpose

For my second this weekend I uploaded the next (and longest) chapter. And there is another twist/event. Without spoiling it I confess that I believe my initial assumption that Billy was involved may be completely wrong, but I do not believe May's conclusion fully either (I think it leaves some loose ends). I think there is a person 'X' (maybe Jake?) that is wrapped up in all of this somehow.
Campbell
SaraHale

Post by SaraHale »

Chapter 8 and 10 are PL OK :clap:

Chapter 11, very minor PL Note
@00 m: 11.823s - The Shot. the "t" sound is dropped.

Brilliant narration! :clap: I'll discuss the book later. I set the computer to shut down automatically at 8:30 PM (less than 10 minutes). :shock:
lymiewithpurpose

SaraHale wrote: September 3rd, 2019, 11:24 am Chapter 8 and 10 are PL OK :clap:

Chapter 11, very minor PL Note
@00 m: 11.823s - The Shot. the "t" sound is dropped.

Brilliant narration! :clap: I'll discuss the book later. I set the computer to shut down automatically at 8:30 PM (less than 10 minutes). :shock:
Thanks for the note! Fixed it. Hope to hear your thoughts (if you feel like sharing of course).
Campbell
lymiewithpurpose

Next chapter is up! I guess I was overthinking things, but that's ok. Now for this chapter, I have to say go Roy! Without spoiling anything (hopefully) my guesses are that person X already found it and that playing the song opens it.
Campbell
SaraHale

Post by SaraHale »

lymiewithpurpose wrote: September 7th, 2019, 2:37 pm Next chapter is up! I guess I was overthinking things, but that's ok. Now for this chapter, I have to say go Roy! Without spoiling anything (hopefully) my guesses are that person X already found it and that playing the song opens it.
Nice Narration!!! My minor PL Note is

@07m:40.795s - 08m:06.870s - Repeated: "He moved with great caution, in order to avoid giving warning of his presence to a possible intruder, and peered into the office and the dining-room." Everywhere, he found all in order.

Good guess.
lymiewithpurpose

SaraHale wrote: September 8th, 2019, 9:01 am
lymiewithpurpose wrote: September 7th, 2019, 2:37 pm Next chapter is up! I guess I was overthinking things, but that's ok. Now for this chapter, I have to say go Roy! Without spoiling anything (hopefully) my guesses are that person X already found it and that playing the song opens it.
Nice Narration!!! My minor PL Note is

@07m:40.795s - 08m:06.870s - Repeated: "He moved with great caution, in order to avoid giving warning of his presence to a possible intruder, and peered into the office and the dining-room." Everywhere, he found all in order.

Good guess.
Good catch. How's it now?
Campbell