[COMPLETE]Multilingual Short Works Collection 022 - Poetry & Prose - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Iunta4Ios

Post by Iunta4Ios »

[/quote]

Also: I put the language as "Italian (Roman dialect)" in the MW, I think that is ok, right ? It's still Italian after all. I managed to understand it very well (most of it).

Can you give me one or two key words still please ?

Sonia
[/quote]

Sure , Roman dialect is quite easy to understand for people understanding Italian ( it is not so with other dialects as the ones from Bergamo or Calabria, for instance!)
As keywords, apart the obvious "end of the world" and "Last judgment" I would suggest: Capella Sistina in popular verses" or something like that.
Pier
Iunta4Ios

Post by Iunta4Ios »

[quoteYou really gave it much emphasis, I liked your interpretation. :thumbs

Sonia
[/quote]
Yes but after all we are speaking about the end of the word, not about a casual meeting I had with some friends yesterday, notwithstanding the informal tone of Belli!
Pier
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Iunta4Ios wrote: August 22nd, 2019, 11:44 am As keywords, apart the obvious "end of the world" and "Last judgment" I would suggest: Capella Sistina in popular verses" or something like that.
thank you, will put them in.

your "quoting" is a bit off. You need to make sure the sentence you quote starts with quote between brackets [] and ends with /quote, also in [] otherwise you will not quote correctly. ;) Then it looks a bit confusing.

Sonia
I will be on vacation from Wednesday 27 March till Sunday 14 April
and unable to PL during that time. Thank you for your patience.
Iunta4Ios

Post by Iunta4Ios »

Sorry, I will be more careful in the future. Pier
AlejandraCapSi

Post by AlejandraCapSi »

Hi Sonia,
thank you
I finally had time.
I did all you said, hopefully it's ok.
your doing-it-backword tip was brilliant, thanks!

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/msw022_ubriachi_giacomo_atc_128kb.mp3

Saluti
Ale
AlejandraCapSi

Post by AlejandraCapSi »

Sonia as you said you can hear the difference between the 2 recording, but i did as you said and recorded right away after listening, so I couldn't do better. I hope it's not too annoing.

Also key words could be: Racconto napoletano, ubriachezza, 800.

Fammi sapere :)
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

hey Ale, cool that you managed to edit so fast :thumbs:
your doing-it-backword tip was brilliant, thanks!
haha yes, I learnt that the hard way. When I had lots of corrections in the beginning I once had this problem and I was searching for a long time to find the correct spots :lol: so it's best to start from the end
Sonia as you said you can hear the difference between the 2 recording, but i did as you said and recorded right away after listening, so I couldn't do better. I hope it's not too annoing.
no it is not annoying at all. Yes I can hear a difference, but it is not too bad and still everything clearly understandable. And the volume is almost the same so that's good, so people don't all of a sudden jump when you scream into their ears :mrgreen: A listener will soon forget if a tone of voice is a bit different in one half-sentence and will go on listening to the story. It's not a big deal.

But I also predict that the more you edit, the better you will become at matching your voice exactly to the old recording. So: practice makes perfect. But you don't have to redo anything here, it's all good and perfectly corrected. :thumbs:
Also key words could be: Racconto napoletano, ubriachezza, 800.
thank you for the keywords. Why 800 ? :hmm:

Only one small edit that you need to make. In the end, you can cut out everything after 15:38, because you still have too much silence at the end, and all of a sudden you have some more audio again, which you forgot to cut out. So cut from 15:38-15:44 and reupload one final time and then it will be ok :)

Thank you, this is a great addition and a super start in your LV career 8-)

Sonia
AlejandraCapSi

Post by AlejandraCapSi »

Why 800 ?
because it describes the 800's Napoli scene somehow.
Hey Sonia, thanks again for all your help. Hopefully next time I'll make fewer mistakes.
Only one small edit that you need to make
done it :)

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/msw022_ubriachi_giacomo_atc_128kb.mp3
Thank you, this is a great addition and a super start in your LV career 8-)
Thanks a lot, I hope so!
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

because it describes the 800's Napoli scene somehow.
aha, I didn't know about this concept. Ok, I'll put it in if it's a famous thing for Italians.
Hey Sonia, thanks again for all your help. Hopefully next time I'll make fewer mistakes.
it was really not that many mistakes, if you leave out the many spaces I suggested to crop. It was a good first recording.

And this section is now PL ok. Congrats to your first section. :birthday:

Thank you

Sonia
fabiola

Post by fabiola »

Hi,
I have recorded an Ode by Alessandro Manzoni.

• URL for the mp3 file from the Uploader - https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/msw022_marzo1821_manzoni_f_128kb.mp3
• Duration of recording (mm:ss) - 5:06
• URL for online text - https://www.gutenberg.org/files/57565/57565-h/57565-h.htm
• Title of work - Marzo 1821
• Date of publication - 1848
• Name of author - Alessandro Manzoni
• Birth date and date of death of author if available (xxxx-xxxx) - (1785 -1873)
• URL for author information (e.g. wikipedia) if available - https://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alessandro_Manzoni
• Brief indication of the work in a few words: A civil ode about the Austrian domination in Italy
• Language: Italian
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

fabiola wrote: September 1st, 2019, 9:04 am I have recorded an Ode by Alessandro Manzoni.

• URL for the mp3 file from the Uploader - https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/msw022_marzo1821_manzoni_f_128kb.mp3
• Duration of recording (mm:ss) - 5:06
• URL for online text - https://www.gutenberg.org/files/57565/57565-h/57565-h.htm
• Title of work - Marzo 1821
wonderfully narrated, Fabiola, thank you so much :9: it almost sounded like a song, the way you so rythmically read it. And of course the big feelings in the poem were very uplifting. A very good choice. Can be marked PL ok immediately.

And with this our collection is full :clap: We accumulated a wonderful selection in no less than 11 languages, read by 11 readers. Thank you all so much for your contributions.

I only need one correction from Lucas...will PM him now to remind him.

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Great. And I will prepare to launch a new collection project shortly.

Thanks, Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Todd: Lucas asked me to edit his section, because he doesn't have much time right now and doesn't want to hold up the project. So here is the corrected version:

https://librivox.org/uploads/toddhw/msw022_leiaurea_silva_loh_128kb.mp3
Recording time: 2:25 min.

I amplified to get to an accepted volume. I abbreviated the disclaimer (only a cut job) and I cut 2 lengthy pauses. I downloaded the link once more from the MW to make sure everything passed all right, so this can be marked PL ok.

And the project is ready to get archived :9:

Thank you all !

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Great. I will work on that later today.

Thanks, Todd