Thanks - that was quick! :)

Want more?
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Plodmore

Post by Plodmore »

TriciaG wrote: August 31st, 2019, 8:17 am Thanks - that was quick! :)

Want more?
Not for the moment. However, I am enjoying trying to work out the kinks in my recording method. Feel free to make suggestions. As you know, I'm just getting my feet wet.

Russ
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

Plodmore wrote: August 31st, 2019, 7:18 am Here is section 2.

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/australiaandnewzealand_02_sutherland_128kb.mp3

duration is 16:34
Hi Russ!

Here is your feedback on Section 2

0:34 - you said Colony and it should be Settlement
6:14 - you said "Dawns point" it should be "Dawes Point" which is an actual place still in Sydney
12:49 - minor stutter/blip
15:09 - you said "staggering" should be "straggling"

Other than those I enjoyed listening to your reading!

Lynda
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

Plodmore wrote: August 31st, 2019, 1:27 pm

Want more?
Not for the moment. However, I am enjoying trying to work out the kinks in my recording method. Feel free to make suggestions. As you know, I'm just getting my feet wet.

Russ
Hey Russ - your recording was really good for getting your feet wet! The only minor feedback other than standard PL feedback below is you could watch the silent spaces that you are leaving between sentences during the reading of a paragraph. When you listen to your recording you will get what I mean - you are listening along at a certain pace and all of a sudden there is a 1 to 1.5 second silence that sort of breaks your train of thought. Other than that your voice and recording as I said is very well done! I look forward to listening more!

Lynda
Plodmore

Post by Plodmore »

Lmnei wrote: August 31st, 2019, 2:29 pm
Plodmore wrote: August 31st, 2019, 7:18 am Here is section 2.

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/australiaandnewzealand_02_sutherland_128kb.mp3

duration is 16:34
Hi Russ!

Here is your feedback on Section 2

0:34 - you said Colony and it should be Settlement
6:14 - you said "Dawns point" it should be "Dawes Point" which is an actual place still in Sydney
12:49 - minor stutter/blip
15:09 - you said "staggering" should be "straggling"

Other than those I enjoyed listening to your reading!

Lynda
Thanks, Lynda. I appreciate the prompt feedback. Is it advisable to record the entire section again, or should I record and paste-in these sentences/paragraphs?
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Record and paste in.

I can't imagine redoing a recording every time I make a couple mistakes that need new audio! To make it as seamless as possible, record the whole phrase rather than just the wrong word(s), imitating your original expression of tone. Then you can substitute in either the phrase or a few words, cutting in and out at a T or K or other strong stop in the wave form. (You can zoom in a bit to get it perfect.)

Make sense?
Plodmore

Post by Plodmore »

Lmnei wrote: August 31st, 2019, 3:32 pm
Plodmore wrote: August 31st, 2019, 1:27 pm

Want more?

Russ
Hey Russ - your recording was really good for getting your feet wet! The only minor feedback other than standard PL feedback below is you could watch the silent spaces that you are leaving between sentences during the reading of a paragraph. When you listen to your recording you will get what I mean - you are listening along at a certain pace and all of a sudden there is a 1 to 1.5 second silence that sort of breaks your train of thought. Other than that your voice and recording as I said is very well done! I look forward to listening more!

Lynda
Thanks, Lynda. This is very helpful feedback. I'll watch the breaks. I think that now, as I'm just beginning to record, is the time for me to shed as many bad habits as I can, so I appreciate the input.

Russ
Plodmore

Post by Plodmore »

TriciaG wrote: September 1st, 2019, 5:34 pm Record and paste in.

I can't imagine redoing a recording every time I make a couple mistakes that need new audio! To make it as seamless as possible, record the whole phrase rather than just the wrong word(s), imitating your original expression of tone. Then you can substitute in either the phrase or a few words, cutting in and out at a T or K or other strong stop in the wave form. (You can zoom in a bit to get it perfect.)

Make sense?
Got it! Thanks TriciaG.

Russ
jenno

Post by jenno »

Could i claim chapters 3 and 4 please

Jennifer
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

They're yours. Glad to have you! :)
Plodmore

Post by Plodmore »

Here is section 2 with the corrections per the PL notes.

duration is 16:32

Russ
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Thanks! How did you find editing/correcting? :)
Plodmore

Post by Plodmore »

TriciaG wrote: September 4th, 2019, 2:33 pm Thanks! How did you find editing/correcting? :)
Actually, I was amazed at how well it went. My voice varied little from the original, and I figured out how to cut and paste without too much trouble. I'm beginning to realize how much good editing can do to improve a reading.

Russ
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

Plodmore wrote: September 4th, 2019, 3:29 pm
TriciaG wrote: September 4th, 2019, 2:33 pm Thanks! How did you find editing/correcting? :)
Actually, I was amazed at how well it went. My voice varied little from the original, and I figured out how to cut and paste without too much trouble. I'm beginning to realize how much good editing can do to improve a reading.

Russ
Russ you did an EXCELLENT job of editing! I could not even tell where you had made the changes other than I knew where to look :) So that is PL OK now

Looking forward to your next reading!