That late night, intimate radio voice

Post your questions & get help from friendly LibriVoxers
lurcherlover

Post by lurcherlover »

I'm not available either, unless the money's really six figures ...
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

Hahaha!

Must. Resist. Commenting.
maxgal

Post by maxgal »

KevinS wrote: August 30th, 2019, 3:42 pm ...we have one volunteer whose voice drives me to thoughts of matrimony.
I'll fess up: 'Tis I, 'tis I, I'm forced to disclose; I'm far too noble to lie.
Louise
"every little breeze..."

Fun Fact: 40% of all statistics are wrong.
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

maxgal wrote: August 31st, 2019, 1:08 pm
KevinS wrote: August 30th, 2019, 3:42 pm ...we have one volunteer whose voice drives me to thoughts of matrimony.
I'll fess up: 'Tis I, 'tis I, I'm forced to disclose; I'm far too noble to lie.
Hahaha! I know that one!
Elizabby

Post by Elizabby »

The other processing effect which I like to add to my voice is to enhance the lower register with the Equalizer. My voice is naturally fairly high pitched (I sing soprano) so IMO it sounds better with a bit more low end enhancement. Give me a sec and I’ll upload an unprocessed and an enhanced version - it’s part of my noise cleaning routine now.

However it takes a bit of mucking around to work out what each voice needs. Too much low end can sound like Darth Vader, and taking too much off the top makes a voice sound muffled or blurry. Too much high end gives those sharp sibilants that everyone hates - it has to be matched to your voice and recording environment.

Here's my unprocessed recording: https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/tyrrhenianfable_test1.mp3

And here's the Equalized version: https://librivox.org/uploads/tests/tyrrhenianfable_equalized.mp3