COMPLETE [GROUP] Fables of Aesop and Others by Aesop ed by Thomas Bewick-ag

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Fables of Aesop and Others by Aesop (620 BC - 564 BC).

The origins of these fables are perhaps lost in obscurity, but they are so closely identified with the Greek writer Aesop, that we may regard them as such. Most of these tales involve interactions among animals, and to each is appended a moral. This edition was edited and illustrated by Thomas Bewick a well-known British engraver and illustrator. The book begins with an excellent introduction - Larry Wilson

• This project is now complete. All audio files can be found on our catalog page: https://librivox.org/fables-of-aesop-and-others-by-aesop/
    1. How to claim a part, and "how it all works" here To find a section to record, simply look at point 5. below at the sections. All the ones without names beside them are "up for grabs." Click "Post reply" at the top left of the screen and tell us which section you would like to read (include the section number from the left-most column in the reader list, please). Read points 6. to 8. below for what to do before, during and after your recording.
    2. New to recording? Please read our Newbie Guide to Recording!
    3. Is there a deadline? We ask that you submit your recorded sections within 1-2 months of placing your claim. Please note that to be fair to the readers who have completed their sections in a timely way, if you haven't submitted your recording(s) after two months, your sections will automatically be re-opened for other readers to claim, unless you post in this thread to request an extension. Extensions will be granted at the discretion of the Book Coordinator. If you cannot do your section, for whatever reason, just let me know and it'll go back to the pool. There's no shame in this; we're all volunteers and things happen.Please do not sign up for more sections than you can complete within the two month deadline.
    4. Where do I find the text? Source text (please only read from this text!): http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/60004
    5. Please claim sections (the numbers in the first column below)! If this is your first recording, please let me know under which name or pseudonym you'd like to appear in the LibriVox catalogue. We can also link to a personal website/blog.

Prospective Prooflisteners: Please read the Listeners Wanted FAQ before listening! Level of prooflistening requested: standard

Please don't download or listen to files belonging to projects in process (unless you are the BC or PL). Our servers are not set up to handle the greater volume of traffic. Please wait until the project has been completed. Thanks!

Magic Window:

BC Admin

============================================
    6. BEFORE recording: Please check the Recording Notes: viewtopic.php?p=6430#p6430

Set your recording software to:
      Channels: 1 (Mono)
      Bit Rate: 128 kbps
      Sample Rate: 44.1 kHz
    7. DURING recording:
      No more than 0.5 to 1 second of silence at the beginning of the recording!
      Make sure you add this to the beginning of your recording:
      START of recording (Intro)
      • "Section [number] of Fables of Aesop and Others. This is a LibriVox recording. All LibriVox recordings are in the public domain. For more information, or to volunteer, please visit: librivox DOT org"
      • If you wish, say: "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
      • Say:
        "Fables of Aesop and Others, by Aesop. [Story Name]"

END of recording
      • At the end of the section, say:
        "End of Section [Number]"
      • If you wish, say:
        "Recording by [your name], [city, your blog, podcast, web address]"
      • At the end of the book, say (in addition):
        "End of Fables of Aesop and Others, by Aesop. "

There should be ~5 seconds silence at the end of the recording.

Please remember to check this thread frequently for updates!
    8. AFTER recording
      Need noise-cleaning?
      Listen to your file through headphones. If you can hear some constant background noise (hiss/buzz), you may want to clean it up a bit. The latest version of Audacity is recommended for noise-cleaning. See this LibriVox wiki page for a complete guide.
      Save files as
      128 kbps MP3
      fablesofaesop_###_aesop_128kb.mp3 (all lower-case) where ### is the section number (e.g. fablesofaesop_001_aesop_128kb.mp3)
      Please note three digit section numbers
    9. Example ID3 V2 tags
      (To find out more about ID3 tags, go to our wiki: https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/What_is_ID3)
      Add the following tags to your .mp3 file (how you do this depends on which software you use – if you are unsure about ID3 tags, send me a message). Please mind upper and lower case!
      Artist: Aesop
      Title: ## - [Section title]
      Album: Fables of Aesop and Others

Please ignore tags for Genre and Track Number - these will be filled in automatically at the cataloguing stage.
      Transfer of files (completed recordings) Please always post in this forum thread when you've sent a file. Also, post the length of the recording (file duration: mm:ss) together with the link.
      • Upload your file with the LibriVox Uploader: https://librivox.org/login/uploader
        (If you have trouble reading the image above, please message an admin)
      • You'll need to select the MC, which for this project is: alg1001
      • When your upload is complete, you will receive a link - please post it in this thread.
      • If this doesn't work, or you have questions, please check our How To Send Your Recording wiki page.
    10. To gain opportunity for maximum participation, please limit your initial claims to no more than TEN sections. I will open it up for more claims depending on progress

Any questions?

Please post below
Last edited by silverquill on August 29th, 2019, 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
On the road again, so delays are possible
~ Larry
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

There doesn't seem to be a place in the template for editor information, so here it is.

Thomas Bewick (1753 - 1828)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Bewick

These are short and easy to read stories that I hope many will enjoy.
To give as many people as possible a chance to participate, please limit your initial claims to no more than ten sections. I will open it up for more claims if needed as we progress.
Last edited by silverquill on August 29th, 2019, 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~ Larry
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

Wow! 189 sections. This is going to be fun to catalog.
I set this up for you, Larry. I hope you aren't sick of me.
In the mind, or consciousness of the Earth this flower first lay latent as a dream. Perhaps, in her consciousness, it nested as that which in us corresponds to a little thought.--A.Blackwood
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

This looks like a great deal of fun. How many sections may we take on. I'd like ten, I think.
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

By page number, may I have 7, 99, 119, 143, 145, 149, 225, 283, 297, and 329.

I'll convert those into actual section numbers once you're ready.
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

alg1001 wrote: August 29th, 2019, 5:03 pm Wow! 189 sections. This is going to be fun to catalog.
I set this up for you, Larry. I hope you aren't sick of me.
Oh, very pleased to have you as MC, Amy!

Hey, I was wondering, since these are very short sections, if we could use the short disclaimer that we often do for poetry? Like, "Title, read for LV by . . . " and for outro, something like "End of fable, this recording is int he public domain."

Anyway, the MW Is populated (now that was fun) and reader of claims.

NOTE: As noted in the MW, please claim no more than 10 sections initially so we can the most people opportunity to participate. I will open up to more claims later as we see how it progresses.

DPL would be most WELCOME!
~ Larry
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

KevinS wrote: August 29th, 2019, 5:55 pm By page number, may I have 7, 99, 119, 143, 145, 149, 225, 283, 297, and 329.

Hi, Kevin!

Well, in my first post I said I was going to limit initial claims to five, but the prompted me to reconsider. We have 188 fables, so I've changed this to 10 and added a highlighted note to the project head.

The MW is populated now, so if you could claim by section number, that would save me a lot of time!

Thanks.
~ Larry
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

silverquill wrote: August 29th, 2019, 10:39 pm
KevinS wrote: August 29th, 2019, 5:55 pm By page number, may I have 7, 99, 119, 143, 145, 149, 225, 283, 297, and 329.

Hi, Kevin!

Well, in my first post I said I was going to limit initial claims to five, but the prompted me to reconsider. We have 188 fables, so I've changed this to 10 and added a highlighted note to the project head.

The MW is populated now, so if you could claim by section number, that would save me a lot of time!

Thanks.
I missed your first post. Apologies, though I'm glad we're now allowed to request 10 sections. These look like fun.

May I have sections 5, 8, 61, 74, 100, 107, 114, 150, 171, and 182?

(Hahaha! Even I couldn't understand my page number claims. I'm a goof. But at least I'm enthusiastic.)
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

You've got 'em, Kevin!
~ Larry
alg1001
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by alg1001 »

silverquill wrote: August 29th, 2019, 10:33 pm
alg1001 wrote: August 29th, 2019, 5:03 pm

Hey, I was wondering, since these are very short sections, if we could use the short disclaimer that we often do for poetry? Like, "Title, read for LV by . . . " and for outro, something like "End of fable, this recording is int he public domain."

I know what you mean, but the usual disclaimer will still have to be used.
In the mind, or consciousness of the Earth this flower first lay latent as a dream. Perhaps, in her consciousness, it nested as that which in us corresponds to a little thought.--A.Blackwood
gte578p1

Post by gte578p1 »

I'm excited to give this a go! How about 85, 158, 162, 164, and 177?

thanks!!!

shane
xgravity23

Post by xgravity23 »

I'd like to do 6 and 7 please!
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

alg1001 wrote: August 30th, 2019, 7:15 am
silverquill wrote: August 29th, 2019, 10:33 pm
alg1001 wrote: August 29th, 2019, 5:03 pm

I know what you mean, but the usual disclaimer will still have to be used.
Okay, that's fine. Thanks.
~ Larry
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

xgravity23 wrote: August 30th, 2019, 1:50 pm I'd like to do 6 and 7 please!
Welcome!
You have been assigned these two sections to read.
~ Larry
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

gte578p1 wrote: August 30th, 2019, 8:23 am I'm excited to give this a go! How about 85, 158, 162, 164, and 177?

thanks!!!

shane
I would be glad to have you read these, but first we request that you complete a one-minute test recording. The directions would have been in you welcome message, or you may find all about it in the Newbie Guide to Recording linked under point 2 in the heading post for this project.

Once you have the OK on this, post here again and let me know how you would like to be credited in the LibriVox catalog.

Let me know if you have any questions.
~ Larry