[COMPLETE] Dialogo dei massimi sistemi by Galilei - availle

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Iunta4Ios

Post by Iunta4Ios »

Majka wrote: August 9th, 2019, 2:12 am Hi to all,

Sorry for the delay, I'm waiting to receive my new mic because the one I have is broken :(

I think I will restart my recordings at the end of August.

If Pier wants to get my sections to record to finish the Giornata Prima Part, feel free to do it.

Sorry again.

Majka
No problem Majka, :D
I think we can perfectly wait you can restart recording by the end of August.
I’m sure Monika as well will agreed.
If I have time I can go on with other sections.
Looking forward listening to your recordings,
Pier
moniaqua

Post by moniaqua »

Iunta4Ios wrote: August 9th, 2019, 10:21 am I’m sure Monika as well will agreed.
Yes, Monika will agree :) This is not the project of lightning speed, somehow...

I almost could have listened to the first section this morning you delivered lately and than I had forgotten the earbuds :roll: But they're still in my mind :)
Iunta4Ios

Post by Iunta4Ios »

I uploaded sec. 14:
https://librivox.org/uploads/availle/dialogomassimisistemi_14_galilei_128kb.mp3
(24:34 m).
Now I’ll take some short rest from reading Galileo :) , hoping to have soon occasion to listen to some section read by another reader (Majka or Angelica?) :wink: .
Pier
moniaqua

Post by moniaqua »

Thank you very much, Pier.
Iunta4Ios wrote: August 12th, 2019, 3:05 am ow I’ll take some short rest from reading Galileo
Thank you for that one, too, as long as it is short ;) :oops: My backlog is kind of growing...
Iunta4Ios wrote: August 12th, 2019, 3:05 am hoping to have soon occasion to listen to some section read by another reader (Majka or Angelica?)
Yeah, that would be great, to have some women's voices, too, in this book :clap:

Yes, I know... the day will come when I'll find some time to read a section
novelreader

Post by novelreader »

Hello everyone
I have been DPL on another project and have a bit of time to spare occasionally. I could easily PL for this project, if you want some help, or provide a female reading voice (that might take a bit of support from admin as I run an old laptop with Ubuntu, so the software interface for recording is not very straightforward...). Are you interested in getting some help? Let me know if and how.
Cheers,
Sara
moniaqua

Post by moniaqua »

Wonderful! I was feeling really bad already that I didn't do Pier's recordings yet, so if you like feel free to PL them :) That would be a really big help.

You also may claim some sections, if you like; the higher priority for me is to get Piers sections pled, so I'd really appreciate if you could do that first :)
Iunta4Ios

Post by Iunta4Ios »

novelreader wrote: August 29th, 2019, 10:58 am Hello everyone
. Are you interested in getting some help? Let me know if and how.
Cheers,
Sara
Sara, you are most welcome for any help you can give in this project! :clap:
Pier
novelreader

Post by novelreader »

Great, I will start with PL .
Cheers,
Sara
novelreader

Post by novelreader »

Section 11 PL Ok! :clap:
Non ho accesso alla bc admin, potete mettere le updates per me per favore?
Iunta4Ios

Post by Iunta4Ios »

novelreader wrote: August 30th, 2019, 5:25 am Section 11 PL Ok! :clap:
I think Monika can take care of that.
For your information I will be on holiday from next Monday up to approximately the 15th of September, but I will be glad to make all required corrections to my recordings immediately after my return.
Pier
novelreader

Post by novelreader »

Thank you Pier
Before I Pl any more I just wanted to check that my approach is OK.
I have noticed that the pdf version of the text I downloaded from the magic window has the odd typo compared to the version you are reading from. For instance, at around 11.02 minutes you read brunita where the pdf at the bottom of page 81 shows branita. However, as the previous sentence in the same text had the spelling brunita, I took it as a typo. I have come across similar small differences when Pl Dante Alighieri, so I am ignoring the odd small difference (they are very rare in any case).
Hope it's OK, it's very enjoyable to listen to, though my brain sometimes aches when I try to follow the concepts :lol:
moniaqua

Post by moniaqua »

novelreader wrote: August 30th, 2019, 5:25 am Section 11 PL Ok! :clap:
Done :)
novelreader wrote: August 30th, 2019, 5:51 am However, as the previous sentence in the same text had the spelling brunita, I took it as a typo. I have come across similar small differences when Pl Dante Alighieri, so I am ignoring the odd small difference (they are very rare in any case).
That's fine. As long as the meaning stays the same, we don't need to alter such things; after all we have "Standard" for PL and not "word perfect" (although I know that Pier usually reads word perfect :) )
Iunta4Ios wrote: August 30th, 2019, 5:37 am I think Monika can take care of that.
I think, you could, too, if you'd like ;). But of course, yes, Monika can and she did :).

All files from 11 to 14 are fine in checker, as expected, so Sara, you don't need to check that (but I won't scream if you do, it only would be double work as I did that already - it is way faster than to actually listen to the files). And thank you so much for helping out here :clap:
Iunta4Ios

Post by Iunta4Ios »

novelreader wrote: August 30th, 2019, 5:51 am Thank you Pier

I have noticed that the pdf version of the text I downloaded from the magic window has the odd typo compared to the version you are reading from. For instance, at around 11.02 minutes you read brunita where the pdf at the bottom of page 81 shows branita.
Sorry Sara,
but there is something I do not understand :hmm: : At the bottom of page 81 I found written "brunita" and not "branita". I did take the text, as always when reading, from the magic window or from the link above the MW (which is the same).
I know that the text is not always very easy to read because of stains or similar problems on the scanned paper and sometimes this can generate some confusion. Please check and give me your further comments on this point.
Anyway thanks for your attention :clap: and to not hesitate to indicate to me again even small discrepancies between the text and what I read: even if not absolutely necessary, according to LVX rules, if the general meaning is not altered, I prefer that my reading corresponds as much as possible to the text, as far as possible.
Good work! I know that the text is certainly not easy, but certainly it is, in my opinion, very interesting! :D
Pier
novelreader

Post by novelreader »

Hello Pier,
Thank you for your message. Well, we have discovered that not all sources from the same text are the same... perhaps 2 copies were donated to the Toronto library? :hmm:
the pdf download must be from another copy of the same book, as it contains the typo :D I can see that if I use the scanned version viewable directly from the magic window, the typo isn't there, so I will try to use it (though it doesn't zoom so well in my phone, so it's a bit harder to read) that way we'll both be singing from the same hymn sheet :D
Thank you very much for mentioning it!
Cheers,
Sara
moniaqua

Post by moniaqua »

I just checked that really quickly:
Iunta4Ios wrote: August 30th, 2019, 12:11 pm At the bottom of page 81 I found written "brunita" and not "branita".
There are two occurrences of this word on the page: one pretty much at the end of the upper paragraph, "... una corazza brunita, bisogna..." and in the lower paragraph, pretty much at the end of the page: " ... solamente, ma non brunita(branita), ..." and in my copy on my PC it looks indeed like "branita" in this place whereas in the same edition/copy, I double checked the link/name, on archive it looks like "brunita" :hmm: Strange.