[COMPLETE][SOLO][Gothic novel] The Castles of Athlin and Dunbayne by Ann Radcliffe - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
narratedbyrandall

Post by narratedbyrandall »

Kitty wrote: August 20th, 2019, 1:41 am
narratedbyrandall wrote: August 19th, 2019, 4:46 pmI've re-uploaded with db raised by 3.10.
super, now all is PL ok :)
I'm almost wishing I had claimed the book as "Solo", but my schedule says otherwise. :D
I agree with Stav, for a Solo you don't have a deadline, just regular check-ups to say you're still interested. As no one has claimed any chapters yet, there is still time to switch to Solo. Just let us know :)

Sonia
The book is really interesting so far. I've already got a solo going on Charles Spurgeon's "Talks to Farmers", in which I've completed 12 of 19 sections. So, I'll have to wait until I'm almost finished with that one before I make another commitment. I like to sign up for some fiction reading to mix in with the sermons. :)

Thank you,
- Lauren
narratedbyrandall

- Lauren
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Hi Lauren, thanks for chapter 2. I put it in the mw. It is really your call. What ever you choose.
Stav.
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

another excellent reading, Lauren, and I was in the thick of the action in this narrative. :shock: Ann Radcliffe has a knack for drama :lol:

Textually, flawless again, and the volume is fine too, but you have almost 8 seconds of silence at the end. Could you just quickly cut that down to the standard 5 please ? Then all is well. :)

Thank you for another fine chapter.

Sonia
I will be on vacation from Wednesday 27 March till Sunday 14 April
and unable to PL during that time. Thank you for your patience.
narratedbyrandall

Sonia,

Chapter 2 is re-uploaded:

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/athlinanddunbayne_02_radcliffe_128kb.mp3

18:30

Thank you,
- Lauren
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

thank you, the silence is shorter now (still nearing 6 seconds, but it's ok) :thumbs: all PL ok now

looking forward to the next chapter, that seems to be a much longer one !

Sonia
narratedbyrandall

- Lauren
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Thank you both. Lauren, would you like to read more chapters from this book? I worn in advance that I won't have stable internet connection today so I would enter everything to the magic window tomorrow unless Sonia beats me to it.
Stav.
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

another great chapter, and full of action :shock: the traipsing through the underground labyrinth was quite eventful and I'm sure we will still learn who this dead man is before the book is over. ;)

Another excellent read, thank you so much. This is PL ok, a feat for such a long chapter.

Only the filename is wrong, for some reason you have -001 at the end :hmm: but no need to reupload, I'll quickly change it in my folder.

Sonia
narratedbyrandall

Kitty wrote: August 22nd, 2019, 3:52 am
another great chapter, and full of action :shock: the traipsing through the underground labyrinth was quite eventful and I'm sure we will still learn who this dead man is before the book is over. ;)

Another excellent read, thank you so much. This is PL ok, a feat for such a long chapter.

Only the filename is wrong, for some reason you have -001 at the end :hmm: but no need to reupload, I'll quickly change it in my folder.

Sonia
oops! Thank you for catching AND fixing it too! This story is one I would have picked up from the library and read straight through. I'm either going to have to record more or listen when someone else does!
:hmm:
With that said, give me Chapter 4 please.
- Lauren
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

narratedbyrandall wrote: August 22nd, 2019, 6:02 am This story is one I would have picked up from the library and read straight through. I'm either going to have to record more or listen when someone else does!
:hmm:
With that said, give me Chapter 4 please.
yes it is hooking, I want to know how it ends too. Though some plots are predictable :lol:

thank you for claiming chapter 4 as well :9: I will sign you up, since Stav seems to be offline today.

Sonia
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Anne Radcliffe is a good author but I was nervous about takeng a less known novel. I am glad you enjoy it. And thanks for claiming chapter 4.
narratedbyrandall

- Lauren
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Huge huge thanks. Want to continue with 5 and 6?
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

thank you, Lauren, another wonderfully read chapter. :9: And it seems a love-interest has appeared on the scene for the Earl ;) I bet she is the sister of Dunbayne :lol:

Only one suggestion for correction:

> at 16:31: you omitted the word "Sonnet" before the poem starts. Was there a reason for this ? To me it seems to be part of the original text, so it's better to include it I would say. :hmm: But I guess it's optional, just wanted to let you know.

The rest totally fine, as always :)

Sonia