Cats, anyone?

Everything except LibriVox (yes, this is where knitting gets discussed. Now includes non-LV Volunteers Wanted projects)
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

I love cats and I am slightly miffed that I can't have a cat in this apartment. And now even more so, when I found out that even the internet has a cat: :roll:

https://purrli.com/

(safe for work).
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com
ej400

Post by ej400 »

Availle wrote: August 19th, 2019, 6:12 am I love cats and I am slightly miffed that I can't have a cat in this apartment. And now even more so, when I found out that even the internet has a cat: :roll:

https://purrli.com/

(safe for work).
I started playing this, and my real cat thought it was another cat! :lol: <laughing>
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

I clicked on the link while proof-listening. Suddenly I heard a strange rumbling sound in the recording. Oh - it's the website! :roll:
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

I kind of love it??? :shock:
realisticspeakers

Post by realisticspeakers »

OK I played with that for far too long and now I have fur all over me.
But gosh, I feel wonderful.
Truth exists for the wise, Beauty for a feeling heart: They belong to each other. - Beethoven
Disclaimer:
"Kind reader, if this our performance doth in aught fall short of promise, blame not our good intent, but our unperfect wit."
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Is it weird that I feel the need to snuggle with a cat I don't have anymore? Here kitty, kitty!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
Availle
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Availle »

It's nice to live in Japan where I can go to cat-cafes any time! :D
Cheers, Ava.
Resident witch of LibriVox, channelling
Granny Weatherwax: "I ain't Nice."

--
AvailleAudio.com
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

It's not a cat unless it's knocking my eyeglasses off the night table.
libraryanne

Post by libraryanne »

I love this. Sadly all the cats I've befriended have passed away so I've been missing having a kitty around. When I need a smile and inspiration I can go to this page. :)
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

libraryanne wrote: August 21st, 2019, 8:57 am I love this. Sadly all the cats I've befriended have passed away so I've been missing having a kitty around. When I need a smile and inspiration I can go to this page. :)
Are you able to foster? That's what I will likely do when I am kitty-less.
realisticspeakers

Post by realisticspeakers »

libraryanne wrote: August 21st, 2019, 8:57 am I love this. Sadly all the cats I've befriended have passed away so I've been missing having a kitty around. When I need a smile and inspiration I can go to this page. :)
Me too. No more. I can't bare to lose another one.
Truth exists for the wise, Beauty for a feeling heart: They belong to each other. - Beethoven
Disclaimer:
"Kind reader, if this our performance doth in aught fall short of promise, blame not our good intent, but our unperfect wit."
Horner94

Post by Horner94 »

Hello, tonight the family cat escaped again, but I opened the front door and it returned. Has any one ever experience this as well?
Foon

Post by Foon »

Availle wrote: August 19th, 2019, 6:12 am I love cats and I am slightly miffed that I can't have a cat in this apartment.
I am in exactly the same boat! My apartment is too small for a tigger of my own, and I can't wait for the day I move into a new place and can get my own furball.

I found a solution for my overwhelming need to snuggle though: volunteering at my local animal shelter!
Foon - Real life is getting in the way of LV, will be slow until all is back on track, please bear with me!

Readers needed:
Dramatic Reading: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Folklore/legends: Arabian Nights Vol. 11
Play: Zeus the Tragedian
fiddlesticks

Post by fiddlesticks »

Horner94 wrote: August 22nd, 2019, 8:57 pm Hello, tonight the family cat escaped again, but I opened the front door and it returned. Has any one ever experience this as well?
We used to have a cat the escaped all the time. he was supposed to be indoor, but spent a lot of time getting chased outside, we usually caught him within a few minutes or hours, but once he disappeared for a couple months. we thought he was gone for good by then but he showed up, rather worse for wear, but we were so happy! Eventually he passed away of old age, but not for a long time after that. We had another cat who was so painfully shy we never got her spayed, and one day she got out and came back pregnant, she got spayed after that! Right now I have my kitty my brother has his, and then we have the family cat!

I am so glad your furry friend came back, hopefully it stays home now!

I do not know what my cat will think of this as she is not in my room right now, but my dog is very anxious! he keeps whining in his corner, while he is all curled up, funny thing is he is a big dog 100ish lb. Shepherd cross.
~Tiffany
SonOfTheExiles

Post by SonOfTheExiles »

One of the great joys in life is to convince a cat born wild to trust you.

Chris
Currently on sabbatical from Librivox