COMPLETE The Lady's Mile by Mary Elizabeth Braddon - rap

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Thanks a lot. Have to go out soon but will put this in the mw during the evening.
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.
gailtv

Post by gailtv »

Sorry Folks for the delay in DPLing.

I haven't received any notifications... and had forgotten about this.

I will begin DPLing today, starting from Chapter 1.

Gail
instagram
#gailtv.art
miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Great. Have fun.
Love gothic novels? Try Children Of The Abbey. Like surprising mysteries? Try The Amathist Cross. Looking for an easy read? Try Harriet's Choice.
gailtv

Post by gailtv »

Hi Elsie --

Sections 1 - 3 are PL OK!

Sorry about the delay.

Gail
instagram
#gailtv.art
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

miss stav

Post by miss stav »

Thanks a lot. I will update the mw very soon. Would you like to continue with 15-19 and close the gap after finishing 14?
Stav.
gailtv

Post by gailtv »

rmcguire wrote: June 25th, 2019, 2:47 pm Here is chapter 4: https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/ladysmile_04_braddon_128kb.mp3. 16:24 for time. Looking forward to any PL notes!
Hi rmcguire --

Chapter 4 is PL OK.

Gail
instagram
#gailtv.art
gailtv

Post by gailtv »

Lmnei wrote: July 31st, 2019, 4:52 pm Hi Stav -

Here are my first two readings -

https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/ladysmile_10_braddon_128kb.mp3 - 37:05
https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/ladysmile_11_braddon_128kb.mp3 - 33:12

Lynda
Hi Lynda -

I have PLed your recording of Chapter 10. I found two small things for you to correct -- they just require editing out, no need to rerecord bits.

at 7:30 "But so had..." has been repeated. Please remove the first one if it is incorrect.

at 12:48 you have recorded "Su... supremacy". Please remove the small stutter (the "Su..." part).

And a small bit of unsolicited advice, if you don't mind (I hope not). When I am recording, I find that prereading a few pages at a time then recording them improves the fluency of my reading because the text is fresh in my mind. It does lengthen the amount of time it takes to record though and also the time to do my own proof listening and editing to make the transitions seamless ...

Regards

Gail
instagram
#gailtv.art
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

gailtv wrote: August 15th, 2019, 4:48 pm Hi Lynda -

I have PLed your recording of Chapter 10. I found two small things for you to correct -- they just require editing out, no need to rerecord bits.

at 7:30 "But so had..." has been repeated. Please remove the first one if it is incorrect.

at 12:48 you have recorded "Su... supremacy". Please remove the small stutter (the "Su..." part).

And a small bit of unsolicited advice, if you don't mind (I hope not). When I am recording, I find that prereading a few pages at a time then recording them improves the fluency of my reading because the text is fresh in my mind. It does lengthen the amount of time it takes to record though and also the time to do my own proof listening and editing to make the transitions seamless ...

Regards

Gail
Hi Gail -

I have made the changes to Chapter 10. FYI, the 2nd change is located at 21:46. I also removed a slight repeat that was located at about 17:48 which I found when trying to find the 2nd change at 12:48.

Here it is - https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/ladysmile_10_braddon_128kb.mp3 - 37:00

As for the advice - thanks, however I DO read the material I am going to record. I have a medical condition that you might be hearing at times, however I am fully prepared.

Lynda
gailtv

Post by gailtv »

Hi Again Lynda --

I have PLed Chapters 11 and 12.

Chapter 11 is PL OK!!

Chapter 12 has a few edits that are required. I hope that I have the times correct this time, and apologise for my number dyslexia the last time. Great that you spotted something that I had missed, however.

Chapter 12 edits needed (hopefully I have recorded the times correctly!):

3:09 -- "I can only thank you" is duplicated, please remove duplication
9:17 -- "To linger longer in that garden of Armilla..." is duplicated, please remove duplication
13:55 -- "Wa... watering places..." -- there is a small stutter before watering places, please remove
15:26 -- "But they had ... but they came home" -- please remove the "but they had" duplication.

I think that is all.

I haven't looked at Chapter 10 again yet, but will get to it.

Cheers

Gail
instagram
#gailtv.art
gailtv

Post by gailtv »

Lynda,

Chapter 13 is PL OK!!

Cheers

Gail
instagram
#gailtv.art
gailtv

Post by gailtv »

Hi 2839reader --

Chapters 25 - 30 are PL OK!! :clap:

Cheers

Gail
instagram
#gailtv.art
gailtv

Post by gailtv »

Hi Horner94

I have just PLed your reading. Sorry that it has taken so long to get to it (and I hope that you are still following this thread).

There are quite a few duplications for you to repair. Some of the repairs needed are simple, some a bit more complex so please listen around the times that I have indicated. They begin at 3:54 and run almost to the end of your reading. The times and words are just what I could pick up and write down. Can you please proof listen and edit out duplications etc. beginning from 3:54 to the end?

3:54 -- duplication "that I lent... that I learnt"
4:08 -- duplication "that mayor... that major"
4:14 -- duplication "on a mission... on a mission"
4:43 -- "just being ... beginning"
5:00 -- "for in ... for in"
5:45 -- "or made the faintest sigh ... sign"
6:24 -- "of Mrs Crawford's mil ... milliner"
6:40 -- "which the dismal close"
about 6:50 -- "like a shun ... sun shiny"
about 7:07 -- "venture to prof..." a bit complicated, didn't get it written down
from 7:24 -- "Never was ministering" -- there is a lot to fix, couldn't write it all down, also with the sound of ??beer cans?? being opened in the background???
7:59 -- "to say ... to say"
8:07 -- "against ... amongst"
8:15 -- "idol ... idolaters"
8:27 to approx 8:38 -- please proof listen and repair the text in this vicinity.
8:47 -- "most fickle of his admirers"
8:50 -- "Amongst ... amongst"
9:04 -- "to the bench ... to the bench"
9:17 -- "Kensington garden ... Kensington garden"
9:34 -- "at Hector ... wedding carts" -- a bit complicated. Please listen through and repair.
9:55 -- "with his ... with his radiant face"

Thanks

Cheers

Gail
instagram
#gailtv.art
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

Hi Gail and Stav -

Here is Section 12 back for Spot PL -

https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/ladysmile_12_braddon_128kb.mp3 - 33:34

Lynda
Lmnei

Post by Lmnei »

Hi Gail and Stav -

Here is Section 14 for PL -

https://librivox.org/uploads/rapunzelina/ladysmile_14_braddon_128kb.mp3 - 42:18

Stav - that is all the Chapters I can take on right now - I need to get some of my other assignments finished first. If there are some still available after I do that I will gladly pick up more!

Lynda