[COMPLETE]The Tale of Jasper Jay by Arthur Scott Bailey - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

jmcaine wrote: August 14th, 2019, 12:51 am Oh, and all 4 of us participated in this one (Chapter 14).
Ah, so good to hear!

This needs to have "End of Chapter 14" added, and trim the ending silence from your 18 sec to just 5.
~ Larry
jmcaine

Post by jmcaine »

Oops! Oh yeah, thanks! Will do. I got half of the next chapter mastered, too, so I should be able to post both for PL tonight.
jmcaine

Post by jmcaine »

Ok, two more. All 3 girls are in both of these. Plus me. 4 total. :)
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

jmcaine wrote: August 15th, 2019, 11:56 pm Ok, two more. All 3 girls are in both of these. Plus me. 4 total. :)
All are PL OK, except 15 which comes in with a volume of 93.9 dB. Our range is 86-91 dB, so this will have to be cranked down. I think it is due to the loud peaks on the girls' lines.
~ Larry
jmcaine

Post by jmcaine »

Yes, sorry about that. Actually, these last couple of tracks recorded a bit hot. I have some clipping -- does it sound bad enough for us to re-record? I just brought the dB into range, and posted another... let me know what you think. Thanks!
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

It is fine, now. And 16 is also PL OK!
Only 6 chapters to go. :wink:
~ Larry
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Just a short note to ask if all is going well in the Jasper Jay family ;) Any new developments ? I suppose that close to finishing you are planning on persisting with the project till the end. Just give me a short sign of life please and all is well :)

Sonia
I will be on vacation from Wednesday 27 March till Sunday 14 April
and unable to PL during that time. Thank you for your patience.
jmcaine

Post by jmcaine »

Just checking in... have recorded several more chapters and will be back to mastering and recording in a couple of weeks!
jmcaine

Post by jmcaine »

Just checking in. Disassembled and re-assembled the room we use to record... it took months! We're hoping to put it back to use very soon.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

thank you for letting us know, Michael. Good luck with the reassembling. And have a prolific end of year ;)

Sonia
jmcaine

Post by jmcaine »

Just checking in... I sent a longer private message, but thought I would post here, too... trying to make time to master some files late this coming week.....
silverquill

Post by silverquill »

Oh, good! Well not the things that fell into your lap, but that you're still on board, so that is fine and all we need to know. Seriously. Don't feel under any pressure. It is your project, and we are here in support roles. You are to be commended for sticking with it. I hope this is still fun for you and the girls. :D
~ Larry
jmcaine

Post by jmcaine »

It is still fun... I often wish we could do it instead of other things, though our life is very full of fun, so... it's tough! But I appreciate the support, including the tickles.
jmcaine

Post by jmcaine »

Still here... still diverted... looking for a moment to get back to it. I keep bugging my kids, and my kids keep bugging me, but we haven't carved the time. Discouraged about our own failure here, but not discouraged about the project or finishing it. Remain patient with us... we'll get there! :) Thanks so much!
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

jmcaine wrote: March 20th, 2020, 10:36 pm Still here... still diverted... looking for a moment to get back to it. I keep bugging my kids, and my kids keep bugging me, but we haven't carved the time. Discouraged about our own failure here, but not discouraged about the project or finishing it. Remain patient with us... we'll get there! :) Thanks so much!
thank you for the update, Michael. And I hope you and your family remain healthy.

Sonia