Complete - Coffee Break Collection 021 - Fairy Tales, Tall Stories and Scams - lt

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 17023
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: Oregon

Post by Lynnet » August 14th, 2019, 5:26 am

Dear Old Grandmother PL OK
Help us finish:

Mary Anerley by R.D. Blackmore 30 sections remaining
Stories by Foreign Authors -German Authors 2 sections remaining

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 17023
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: Oregon

Post by Lynnet » August 14th, 2019, 5:33 am

Kitty's Picnic PL OK

Chad, please watch your volume. Both this and Dear Old Grandmother are at the very bottom of our permissible range.
Help us finish:

Mary Anerley by R.D. Blackmore 30 sections remaining
Stories by Foreign Authors -German Authors 2 sections remaining

Horner94
Posts: 632
Joined: July 10th, 2018, 9:11 am
Location: Liverpool
Contact:

Post by Horner94 » August 14th, 2019, 6:52 pm

Hello again!
I wanted to share some more poetry.
Author: Carr
Tilte of poem: My mother
URL to text: http://www.gutenberg.org/files/45674/45674-h/45674-h.htm#Page_109
Audio recording ready for PLing: https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/cb021_mymother_cjph_128kb.mp3 Time: 01:58
Since the author's surname is only mentioned for this poem (i.e. Carr), am I to assume that the recording is copyright ok? I realise the author this book (i.e. Hiram Peck McKnight) has been dead 70+ years, but what about the specific author of this poem?
Your help will be much appreciated.
Kind regards,
Chad

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 17023
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: Oregon

Post by Lynnet » August 14th, 2019, 7:11 pm

Horner94 wrote:
August 14th, 2019, 6:52 pm
Hello again!
I wanted to share some more poetry.
Author: Carr
Tilte of poem: My mother
URL to text: http://www.gutenberg.org/files/45674/45674-h/45674-h.htm#Page_109
Audio recording ready for PLing: https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/cb021_mymother_cjph_128kb.mp3 Time: 01:58
Since the author's surname is only mentioned for this poem (i.e. Carr), am I to assume that the recording is copyright ok? I realise the author this book (i.e. Hiram Peck McKnight) has been dead 70+ years, but what about the specific author of this poem?
Your help will be much appreciated.
Kind regards,
Chad
I can’t find anything about the author. The book was published in 1896, so it is likely he died pre 1949, but no way of knowing for sure. It’s your choice whether to risk the long arm of the law... again, if I discover he lived to a ripe old age, I may have to take it down.
Help us finish:

Mary Anerley by R.D. Blackmore 30 sections remaining
Stories by Foreign Authors -German Authors 2 sections remaining

Horner94
Posts: 632
Joined: July 10th, 2018, 9:11 am
Location: Liverpool
Contact:

Post by Horner94 » August 14th, 2019, 7:39 pm

I would like to add the following work to this collection also:
Author: Robert Louis Stevenson
Title: A Good Boy
URL to text: http://www.gutenberg.org/files/25617/25617-h/25617-h.htm#Page_34
Audio recording ready for PLing: https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/cb021_agoodboy_cjph_128kb.mp3 Time: 01:04
Kind regards,
Chad

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 17023
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: Oregon

Post by Lynnet » August 15th, 2019, 8:33 am

My Mother PL OK
Please be sure to stick to the theme of the collection.
Help us finish:

Mary Anerley by R.D. Blackmore 30 sections remaining
Stories by Foreign Authors -German Authors 2 sections remaining

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 17023
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: Oregon

Post by Lynnet » August 15th, 2019, 8:36 am

A Good Boy PL OK
Help us finish:

Mary Anerley by R.D. Blackmore 30 sections remaining
Stories by Foreign Authors -German Authors 2 sections remaining

Horner94
Posts: 632
Joined: July 10th, 2018, 9:11 am
Location: Liverpool
Contact:

Post by Horner94 » August 15th, 2019, 2:34 pm

Hello!
I wanted to contribute another work.
Author: Alfred M. Williams (1840-1896)
Title of poem: The Fair Princess
URL to text: http://www.gutenberg.org/files/45277/45277-h/45277-h.htm#link2H_4_0057
Audio recording ready for PLing: https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/cb021_thefairprincess_cjph_128kb.mp3 Time: 02:40
I thought this work would be appropriate for this collection :D

ColleenMc
Posts: 1001
Joined: April 9th, 2017, 5:57 pm

Post by ColleenMc » August 15th, 2019, 2:56 pm

"Capture of a Clever Swindler" by Thomas Furlong (1844-1918)


https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/cb021_captureofcleverswindler_cmt_128kb.mp3

11:50

Source: http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/58576

Colleen

Horner94
Posts: 632
Joined: July 10th, 2018, 9:11 am
Location: Liverpool
Contact:

Post by Horner94 » August 15th, 2019, 3:19 pm

Hello,
Please can my recording of the story titled "Kitty's picnic" be replaced with the following:
Auhtor: Robert Louis Stevenson
Title: The Gardener
URL to text: http://www.gutenberg.org/files/25608/25608-h/25608-h.htm#Page_96
Audio recording ready for PLing: https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/cb021_thegardener_cjph_128kb.mp3 Time: 01:21
Kind regards,
Chad

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 17023
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: Oregon

Post by Lynnet » August 15th, 2019, 4:22 pm

Horner94 wrote:
August 15th, 2019, 2:34 pm
Hello!
I wanted to contribute another work.
Author: Alfred M. Williams (1840-1896)
Title of poem: The Fair Princess
URL to text: http://www.gutenberg.org/files/45277/45277-h/45277-h.htm#link2H_4_0057
Audio recording ready for PLing: https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/cb021_thefairprincess_cjph_128kb.mp3 Time: 02:40
I thought this work would be appropriate for this collection :D
Thank you
Help us finish:

Mary Anerley by R.D. Blackmore 30 sections remaining
Stories by Foreign Authors -German Authors 2 sections remaining

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 17023
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: Oregon

Post by Lynnet » August 15th, 2019, 4:25 pm

ColleenMc wrote:
August 15th, 2019, 2:56 pm
"Capture of a Clever Swindler" by Thomas Furlong (1844-1918)


https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/cb021_captureofcleverswindler_cmt_128kb.mp3

11:50

Source: http://www.gutenberg.org/ebooks/58576

Colleen
Thank you
Help us finish:

Mary Anerley by R.D. Blackmore 30 sections remaining
Stories by Foreign Authors -German Authors 2 sections remaining

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 17023
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: Oregon

Post by Lynnet » August 15th, 2019, 4:29 pm

Horner94 wrote:
August 15th, 2019, 3:19 pm
Hello,
Please can my recording of the story titled "Kitty's picnic" be replaced with the following:
Auhtor: Robert Louis Stevenson
Title: The Gardener
URL to text: http://www.gutenberg.org/files/25608/25608-h/25608-h.htm#Page_96
Audio recording ready for PLing: https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/cb021_thegardener_cjph_128kb.mp3 Time: 01:21
Kind regards,
Chad
I can do that, but please don’t make a habit of it. It upsets a lot of people.
Help us finish:

Mary Anerley by R.D. Blackmore 30 sections remaining
Stories by Foreign Authors -German Authors 2 sections remaining

Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team
Posts: 17023
Joined: September 16th, 2012, 7:07 pm
Location: Oregon

Post by Lynnet » August 15th, 2019, 4:33 pm

This collection is now closed.
Help us finish:

Mary Anerley by R.D. Blackmore 30 sections remaining
Stories by Foreign Authors -German Authors 2 sections remaining

Horner94
Posts: 632
Joined: July 10th, 2018, 9:11 am
Location: Liverpool
Contact:

Post by Horner94 » August 15th, 2019, 4:33 pm

Lynnet wrote:
August 15th, 2019, 4:29 pm
Horner94 wrote:
August 15th, 2019, 3:19 pm
Hello,
Please can my recording of the story titled "Kitty's picnic" be replaced with the following:
Auhtor: Robert Louis Stevenson
Title: The Gardener
URL to text: http://www.gutenberg.org/files/25608/25608-h/25608-h.htm#Page_96
Audio recording ready for PLing: https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/cb021_thegardener_cjph_128kb.mp3 Time: 01:21
Kind regards,
Chad
I can do that, but please don’t make a habit of it. It upsets a lot of people.
Thank you, it prevents the likelihood of copyright issues cropping up in the future, which we discussed :D
Kind regards,
Chad

Post Reply