COMPLETE [FORTNIGHTLY POEM] Fruitionless by Ina Coolbrith - dl

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
msfry

Post by msfry »

Horner94 wrote: August 12th, 2019, 7:14 am Hello!
Here is my audio recording ready for PLing: https://librivox.org/uploads/aradlaw/fruitionless_coolbrith_cjph_128kb.mp3 Time: 01:26
Kind regards,
Chad
Hi, Chad, just one PL Note:
1:12 self-wrapt, you say self-warped
msfry

Post by msfry »

Contributions by Kevin, David, Campbell, Larry, Michele and Bruce are all PL OK. Shame on us all for not being like the birds and the bees! :lol:
jaxon517

Post by jaxon517 »

msfry

Post by msfry »

jaxon517 wrote: August 13th, 2019, 3:12 pm 1:24

https://librivox.org/uploads/aradlaw/fruitionless_coolbrith_jsh_128kb.mp3

Thank you!

-Jaxon Hutchinson
Thanks, Jaxon. I see you did your 1 minute test and are OK'd for takeoff. :D
Great improvement. Only thing lacking is what we call the OUTRO, or the DISCLAIMER which follows the poem which goes like this:
End of poem. This recording is in the public domain. 5 seconds of silence. Add that in and resubmit, please.

And you'll also need to provide me with a Catalog name, which could be your username, your Real Name, or something else. This is the name that will show you as the reader of your files in the Catalog, and once set, can't be changed in any catalogued project. It's also the name your friends can search for all your LV contributions.
DaveW

Post by DaveW »

msfry wrote: August 13th, 2019, 10:02 am
Hi Dave, please correct your file name, taking out the underline before _fruitionless, and reupload it. It's a good policy to copy and paste the filename directly from the first post to avoid any mistakes, which happen so easily. Also, your background noise is quite high, as with your other poem. It really helps for you to submit your 1-minute test, and wait for someone to check out your tech specs for LV's requirements. They can coach you on how to address noise issues. Also, that OK'd test lets all the BC's know at-a-glance that you're all set to record, too.
Sorry about that. I did copy & paste the file name from the link, but I pasted it into another document first and the file name got messed up somehow. I also thought that I had done the noise reduction, but perhaps it simply wasn't enough. I'll go back and redo both again as I have the original files.

Thanks for the great tips!
irondog70

Post by irondog70 »

For Fruitness :)
https://librivox.org/uploads/aradlaw/fruitionless_coolbrith_cn_128kb.mp3
Duration: 2:52
Let's take a bite! :roll:
Cornel Nemes
msfry

Post by msfry »

irondog70 wrote: August 13th, 2019, 6:01 pm For Fruitness :)
https://librivox.org/uploads/aradlaw/fruitionless_coolbrith_cn_128kb.mp3
Duration: 2:52
Let's take a bite! :roll:
You squeezed all the juice out of every word! :wink: This prrrrretty rrrrrrrendition is PL OK! :lol:
grs2905

Post by grs2905 »

DaveW

Post by DaveW »

Here's a re-do following the "ok" of my 1-minute test, ready for PL. A different mic and a bit more aggressive noise reduction should've knocked down the annoyances, I hope.

https://librivox.org/uploads/aradlaw/_fruitionless_coolbrith_dcw_128kb.mp3

1:42

Dave
msfry

Post by msfry »

DaveW wrote: August 14th, 2019, 9:49 am Here's a re-do following the "ok" of my 1-minute test, ready for PL. A different mic and a bit more aggressive noise reduction should've knocked down the annoyances, I hope.

https://librivox.org/uploads/aradlaw/_fruitionless_coolbrith_dcw_128kb.mp3

1:42

Dave
Will PL today's files later tonight, but I notice you still have sent the wrong file name, with that underline before fruitionless. I could ask our MC to fix it for you and he'd be glad to, but I think it's important to stress to newbies to pay careful attention to file names right from the beginning (identical to Opening Post), and with every upload to copy and paste what the uploader delivers. Mis-named files won't make it into the catalogued project.

Hopefully you'll have time to upload again before I get back here tonight.
And no need to apologize. It takes awhile to get the hang of this book-stitching program, and we've all been through the learning curve. Still on it, actually. :D
jaxon517

Post by jaxon517 »

DaveW

Post by DaveW »

msfry wrote: August 14th, 2019, 11:15 am Will PL today's files later tonight, but I notice you still have sent the wrong file name, with that underline before fruitionless. I could ask our MC to fix it for you and he'd be glad to, but I think it's important to stress to newbies to pay careful attention to file names right from the beginning (identical to Opening Post), and with every upload to copy and paste what the uploader delivers. Mis-named files won't make it into the catalogued project.

Hopefully you'll have time to upload again before I get back here tonight.
And no need to apologize. It takes awhile to get the hang of this book-stitching program, and we've all been through the learning curve. Still on it, actually. :D
Yes, sorry about that. I thought that "_" was put in by the upload program but now I see that it is an invisible space in the file name that didn't show up on my Mac. Corrected and re-uploaded as

https://librivox.org/uploads/aradlaw/fruitionless_coolbrith_dcw_128kb.mp3

1:40

Sorry for the frustration, but I do agree that it is important that I learn to get this done correctly. Thanks for your patience!

Dave
msfry

Post by msfry »

DaveW and Jaxon, your renderings are both PL OK. :clap:

Just one more thing, I'll need you to specify a name you'd like to appear in the LV catalog. HINT: I use my Real Name, Michele Fry, others use their username (e.g., msfry), and others use something else (e.g. Michele T. Fry, MicheleFry, IggyPoo or whatever you'd like your friends to search you by in our Home Page search box), and how you will access your Reader Details page (everything you've ever recorded with us). This is the name that will appear next to each chapter you read, also on any solos you record, and once chosen, can't be changed on any catalogued project.

This only needs to be done once, then you'll be in our catalog from then on!!!!! So excited to have you aboard.
DaveW

Post by DaveW »

msfry wrote: August 14th, 2019, 3:34 pm I'll need you to specify a name you'd like to appear in the LV catalog.

It looks like my catalog name is already set to DaveW due to my contribution for the other project.

Dave
msfry

Post by msfry »

DaveW wrote: August 14th, 2019, 3:42 pm
msfry wrote: August 14th, 2019, 3:34 pm I'll need you to specify a name you'd like to appear in the LV catalog.

It looks like my catalog name is already set to DaveW due to my contribution for the other project.

Dave
I thought you specified your real name. Until the first cataloging is done, I could still change it to whatever you want.