'Thank You' messages for LibriVox readers - continued

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for edhumpal (Ed Humpal) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Hi there Ed -

I only wanted to say 'hello' and thank you for using your Lord-given voice-gift for His mercy and grace to myself, and, I am sure, to many others seeking Him. I thank Him as well, of course. He created your voice and tone and way of speaking with purpose, always with this plan to minister and bring truth and peace through it. Using the vehicle of "words", but the voice itself is the needle, or the axe, calm and steady and well oiled. Somehow you execute truth with the voice that if another was doing the reading might ... well it might SOUND like someone trying to pound cement into your head. There are some listeners, I am sure, appreciate and desire this type of reading, but my heart cannot hear God in this way. So, I'm glad He invented your voice for such a time as this! I first heard your reading via George MacDonald's Seaboard Parish, and of course Ascent of Mt. Carmel, more than once. Nothing like St. John of the Cross. I don't mind telling you, after such flesh-crushing months I actually ended up living in a town called St. John's and is the very place where I started actually hearing what St. John of the Cross is saying, right while in a town of his very name. Could God be any clearer than to park someone in such a named place, and then point at that man's message? This is exactly why I am thanking you for doing God's will with the voice and tone and all the anointing behind them, because it matters, and it helps those hearts belonging to Him that He has hidden in secret, alone and quiet where He can speak and teach. There are many listening, through you, who don't say one word about it, to you or anyone else. You are bearing "much fruit". It matters, it matters, it matters. Thank you.

All of Ed's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
Starlite

Post by Starlite »

icequeen wrote: July 9th, 2018, 8:52 pm Praise received for Starlite (Esther) from our 'Thank a reader' feature regarding her recording of The Fur Country:

Thank you and very well done. Your voice seemed familiar; did you participate in the group effort of: In Search of the Castaways?
Yes I did help with Castaways.
"Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable
people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress,
therefore, depends on unreasonable people." George Bernard Shaw
redaer

Post by redaer »

https://librivox.org/the-tomb-of-tut-ankh-amen-vol-1-by-howard-carter/

Thank you very much for the good reading of "The Tomb of Tut-Ankh-Amen Vol. 1", Availle.
Interesting book; one hears during the audio how much you like to read for LV.

Kind regards

PM sent to Availle
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Alys (Alys AtteWater) from our 'Thank a reader' feature regarding her recording of Fame and Fortune:
You have such a beautiful, charming and alluring voice. It makes the story alive. May you read thousands of books and more. I wish you very heartful good luck for your great future. Please continue creating world for peoples….

Regards

P.
All of Alys' recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Peppersnoodles93 (Kimberly Kraus) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
The Covered Wagon – https://librivox.org/the-covered-wagon-by-emerson-hough

I loved the reading you gave in Chapters 13 & 14. Your voice was so sweet to listen to and your inflections really expressed what was happening between characters. I am going to look for the books you have read.

Also, you sounded young! I am going to encourage my granddaughter to try reading a book in the public domain. I think she would be able to give a good reading!

Thanks again,

All of Kimberly's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Roger (Roger Melin) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
I want to thank you so much for the books you have recorded. You read so well and I know, from when I recorded a book for my grandchildren, it takes a very long time. You have recorded so many, I’m sure it has taken up a great deal of your time.

I am disabled, although I can get out and about, the condition I have is incredibly painful. I listen to the books in the evening and it helps me to focus on the story and less on the pain.

Librivox is a fantastic app and means so much to so many. Again many thanks you read so well.
Regards Lucinda

All of Roger's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for rmaczka (Rom Maczka) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
I am currently listening to Rom Maczka reading Upton Sinclair's Book of Life, https://librivox.org/the-book-of-life-by-upton-sinclair/

I would like to say thank you. The reading quality is truly excellent and the enunciation so clear that it's a real pleasure to listen to.

Thanks again and best wishes,

Alice
Listener

All of Rom's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for pnagami (Pamela Nagami) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Hi,

I'd like to thank Pamela Nagami for an excellent recording of 'Early Rome, from the Foundation of the City to its Destruction by the Gauls'; the pronunciation, pacing and delivery is at a professional level, which is all the more commendable as this is a volunteer effort.

Kind regards,

Ben
and...
Dear Pamela

I have just started listening to some of your readings. I prefer solo readings because it makes it easier for my old brain to maintain an easy continuity, but when the readings are as fluent and lucid as yours, that becomes even easier.

The selections you have chosen to read as solo works are also ALL works that I intend to listen to because they are very much in line with what I most enjoy.

So I just wanted to thank you very much for putting in so much effort and doing it so well. I will now be adding all your readings to a small select list of readers that I really REALLY enjoy.

Thanks again and very best wishes

Erich

Hong Kong

All of Pamela's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for wildemoose (Arielle Lipshaw, gloriana (Elizabeth Klett), beeber (Bruce Pirie) and alg1001 (Amy Gramour) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Hello!

I understand this recording is a bit old, but I have been listening to Anne of Green Gables (version 7) to follow along in a book club, and the reading has been an immense help. In particular, I want to thank the most prominent readers:
Arielle Lipshaw (Anne)
Elizabeth Klett (Marilla)
Bruce Pirie (Matthew)
Amy Gramour (Rachel)

For their clear, crisp performances that breathe life into some of the most important and fleshed out characters of the book thus far. It's a lovely book, but I don't think I'd enjoy it nearly as much without the talents of all the readers involved.

Thank you,
- Kathryn

All of Arielle's recordings!
All of Elizabeth's recordings!
All of Bruce's recordings!
All of Amy's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for russiandoll (Philippa) from our 'Thank a reader' feature regarding her recording of The Life of Cicero, Volume 2:
Dear Philippa / russiandoll,

I am probably listening to this for the third or fourth time - and it records only thirty six - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKmu8wPMEUE

Yes - I also listened to part one but apparently this intrigues me more - and I very much appreciate your effort in reading this out.

Your diction is remarkably clear, well phrased and - hey ! - Cicero should be proud of the way in which you deliver - Trollope too !!!

You have created a very useful resource which I want to share with some other people - and draw attention to your home page =

https://librivox.org/reader/2297

I see that as an advocate of " Conversations with Wales' Republicans " I should next be listening to your intriguing work upon =

https://librivox.org/1601-by-mark-twain/

= or … perhaps not … 😏 … I do too much of that myself already …

Thanks Philippa

David

All of Philippa's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Thynes (Tadhg) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Hi Librivox

I wanted to say a HUGE THANK YOU to this reader.

https://librivox.org/reader/4344

Tadhg – Oh I love your accent. I’m listening to Dubliners – James Joyce. You make this book so much more special. Big Thank You very much. Oh goodie- you reader Oliver Twist and a few other books I want to read. You remain bringing joy to the world through your reading.

Kind Regards

All of Tadhg's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Rowen (Lizzie Driver) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Just finished listening to both The Princess and the Goblin and The Princess and Curdie by George MacDonald. The stories were interesting and Lizzie Driver's presentation of both added much enjoyment.

https://librivox.org/princess-and-the-goblin-the-by-george-macdonald/

and

https://librivox.org/the-princess-and-curdie-by-george-macdonald/

From the Washington, DC area

Kit
All of Lizzie's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for blaneadenmckoy (Blane Aden McKoy) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
I would like to thank Blane Aden McKoy for the recording of Worlds Within Worlds: The Story of Nuclear Energy. It is a very good book and the reading makes it very enjoyable. Among other things, I appreciate the speed. Sometimes I find difficult to follow books in which the reader speaks fast, because I might be doing other things (for instance, walking or jogging), or there might be noise. But this one was just perfect.

All of Blane's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Peter Why (Peter Yearsley) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Dear Peter

I wrote to you a while ago and you were very kind and replied, and read for me 'interpretations', a favourite poem of mine.

I returned to librivox and I'm very pleased to see that you have recorded more stories iand I have listened to some of them already. I really liked 'Hiawatha' by Longfellow, especially with your personal note about your heritage as a preamble. I imagined your Mum reading it to your when you were a child. What a lovely thought. You read this one so beautifully.

On one of the stories you sang a little, what a fine singing voice you have! melodic and gentle.

I was listening to a radio 3 documentary recently,

Sonic Art Boom - The Art of Noise
about 'found sound' and the 'art of noise'. I had heard those phrases before but I didn't realise their significance. You are a sound artist. You can put it on your passport!

Near my home is a church tower. The church has long been demolished. The bottom of the tower is a small venue called the 'intimate space'. Sometimes Sam Enthoven puts on story telling shows and they are most enjoyable. He is a sound artist too. It seems sound artists are amongst us and I didn't know.

Thank you very much for your recordings

very best wishes

Lesley
and...

Dear Peter
I have just heard you read to me 'the 5 Jars by M R James'. It was SO lovely I started you reading it again straight away without listening to any other books in between. That meant I realised there are , all the way through, hints at what the end will be.
Do you happen to know Guillermo de Toro? I would love him to make a film of it.
Thank you! I really enjoyed it.
Best wishes
Lesley

All of Peter's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Cleogirl (Cate Barratt from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Cate Barrat,

Thank you so much for reading the various adventures of Arsene Lupin.

I have thoroughly enjoyed your recordings while discovering an entertaining new anti-hero.

Sincerely,

Daryl
All of Cate's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!