COMPLETE [NON-FIC/BOTANY] Natural History, volume 5, by Pliny the Elder - lt

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
lubee930

Post by lubee930 »

niobium wrote: August 9th, 2019, 5:09 pm section 4 time 25:28
https://librivox.org/uploads/leni/naturalhistoryvolume5_04_128kb.mp3
Hi Niobium-Well, we are getting closer!

The ending silence is still over 10 seconds long, so please cut it back to 5 seconds.

In the Intro, you've added some of the missing bits, but not all of them. It would really be easiest if you would just record the Intro as specified by Leni in the instructions.

At the very least, please add "Book 21" to the appropriate place in the Intro: "The Natural History, volume 5 , by Pliny the Elder. Translated by John Bostock and Henry Thomas Riley. Section [number] Book [number], Chapters [number] to [number]" (Just so you know--I'm asking you to add this info because we are recording these same Chapter #'s in Books 22, 23, 24, and 25 IN THIS PROJECT, so it will be helpful to our listeners to know that they are in Book 21.)

Finally, one previous correction still needs an edit: Now at 5:02, the recording should say “...with which the woods there abound” (near bottom p. 342 in the text) Since you will be uploading the file again anyway, maybe you can make that fix.

Again, post the link to the corrected file here along with the new time, and I will check it again. (And as I mentioned earlier, the MC is LynneT, so that is the name you should select when you upload your file.) Thank you!
Kind regards,
Lucretia
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

Thanks, Lucretia!
Leni
=================
uncaducky

Post by uncaducky »

Section 22 is uploaded. :D

https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/naturalhistoryvolume5_22_128kb.mp3

The file duration is 22:08.
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

uncaducky wrote: August 12th, 2019, 11:57 am Section 22 is uploaded. :D

Thanks! :D
Leni
=================
lubee930

Post by lubee930 »

Hi uncaducky--Very nice job on your first recording! And a bit of a challenging text here as well--so good work! Your tech specs are all fine, but just a few things for you to tidy up.

Section 22:
--At ~11:36 Stumble “…had visited the may-magicians of Persia…” (in the first full paragraph of p. 82 in the text) I think that you can just zoom in on the track, highlight the stumble, and easily snip it out.
--At ~18:40 I hear “…when they retire for the water” but it should be “…when they retire for the winter” (bottom of p. 84 in the text)
--At ~17:05 Stumble “…but oke-sometimes, waters even” (top of p. 85 in the text)
--At ~21:55 At the end of the track you say "End of The Natural History, volume 5, by Pliny the Elder. Translated by John Bostock and Henry Thomas Riley"—but that line should only be recorded after the very last section of the book. So please delete that piece of the Outro.

That's it! Upload the edited file using the same file name, post the link here again along with the new track length--and then I will take another quick look at it. Let us know if you have any questions--we'll be happy to help. :)
Kind regards,
Lucretia
uncaducky

Post by uncaducky »

lubee930 wrote: August 13th, 2019, 9:32 am
Hi uncaducky--Very nice job on your first recording! And a bit of a challenging text here as well--so good work! Your tech specs are all fine, but just a few things for you to tidy up.

Section 22:
--At ~11:36 Stumble “…had visited the may-magicians of Persia…” (in the first full paragraph of p. 82 in the text) I think that you can just zoom in on the track, highlight the stumble, and easily snip it out.
--At ~18:40 I hear “…when they retire for the water” but it should be “…when they retire for the winter” (bottom of p. 84 in the text)
--At ~17:05 Stumble “…but oke-sometimes, waters even” (top of p. 85 in the text)
--At ~21:55 At the end of the track you say "End of The Natural History, volume 5, by Pliny the Elder. Translated by John Bostock and Henry Thomas Riley"—but that line should only be recorded after the very last section of the book. So please delete that piece of the Outro.

That's it! Upload the edited file using the same file name, post the link here again along with the new track length--and then I will take another quick look at it. Let us know if you have any questions--we'll be happy to help. :)
Thank you so much for the kind words on my first recording, Lucretia! :D They are very much appreciated. :)

I've made the changes you requested and uploaded the edited file:

The new file duration is 21:57. :D
lubee930

Post by lubee930 »

uncaducky wrote: August 14th, 2019, 10:20 am Thank you so much for the kind words on my first recording, Lucretia! :D They are very much appreciated. :)
Hi again uncaducky--Great job on all of your fixes--thank you! :thumbs:

Section 22: PL OK

And I see that I gave you an incorrect time stamp on one of the fixes. Should have been 16:40, not 18:40. My sincere apologies. Makes it more difficult to make the corrections, right? But you figured it out. Sometimes I get the "magic fingers" going on my laptop. :oops: Hope to hear lots more from you around the LibriVox projects!
Kind regards,
Lucretia
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

Thanks much, guys!
Leni
=================
uncaducky

Post by uncaducky »

lubee930 wrote: August 14th, 2019, 4:08 pm
uncaducky wrote: August 14th, 2019, 10:20 am Thank you so much for the kind words on my first recording, Lucretia! :D They are very much appreciated. :)
Hi again uncaducky--Great job on all of your fixes--thank you! :thumbs:

Section 22: PL OK

And I see that I gave you an incorrect time stamp on one of the fixes. Should have been 16:40, not 18:40. My sincere apologies. Makes it more difficult to make the corrections, right? But you figured it out. Sometimes I get the "magic fingers" going on my laptop. :oops: Hope to hear lots more from you around the LibriVox projects!
Yes, I admit I was a little confused for a bit on that one, but it worked out in the end. :wink:

Thank you so much for all your kind words and for making the PL on my first recording such a great experience. :D I really appreciate it, and it's made me excited to do more LibriVox projects! :)
uncaducky

Post by uncaducky »

Is section 10 still orphaned? If it is, I would like to claim it. :D
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

uncaducky wrote: August 15th, 2019, 9:02 am Is section 10 still orphaned? If it is, I would like to claim it. :D
Section assigned, thanks!
Leni
=================
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

Section 12 has been orphaned.
Leni
=================
niobium

Post by niobium »

Leni