[COMPLETE]-LibriVox 14th Anniversary Collection-ag

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

Thank you! (I saved the first spot for you.)
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

It was a great belated birthday party last night. We came dressed as our favorite writers. (I wanted a toga party.) We rented just enough cats, thankfully, and these sat on our laps during the quiet reading portion of the evening. _______ is allergic, however, so she read in her car but fell asleep. We had to go wake her for the samba competition. _______ was the judge, of course. "Frank, but fair," she said. (She came dressed as Frank O'Conner, so that was very funny.) We then made prank phone calls. (I forgot entirely about caller ID, so the police arrived, but we promised to stop and "Anyway, I told them, it's time for us to apply our mud masks and watch Masterpiece Theater." One of the officers stayed. He did an excellent imitation of René Descartes. Well, that's what he told us. I think _______ likes men in uniform. They sat on the couch together and shared popcorn. Anyway, we ended the evening with Pictionary which was a hoot. All in all, the party was a great success, very entertaining, and only three fights, two sprained ankles, 22 embarrassing moments, one drunken confession, and three broken chairs.

Oh, and we need bail money for _______.
MaryinArkansas

Post by MaryinArkansas »

KevinS wrote: August 12th, 2019, 6:07 am It was a great belated birthday party last night.
Party, party party...oh those wild and crazy LibriVoxers! :)
“Reading one book is like eating one potato chip.”
―Diane Duane, So You Want to Be a Wizard.

Mary :)📚
MaryinArkansas

Post by MaryinArkansas »

Section 7 "The Black Death in the Fourteenth Century" is PL OK. :)

KevinS

Post by KevinS »

mhhbook wrote: August 12th, 2019, 8:45 am Section 7 "The Black Death in the Fourteenth Century" is PL OK. :)
Thank you!
maxgal

Post by maxgal »

mhhbook wrote: August 12th, 2019, 8:45 am Section 7 "The Black Death in the Fourteenth Century" is PL OK. :)
FAB. :mrgreen:
Louise
"every little breeze..."

Fun Fact: 40% of all statistics are wrong.
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

maxgal wrote: August 12th, 2019, 10:01 am
FAB. :mrgreen:
Yeah, we read it aloud at the party.

Bummer.

But then we played twister.
MaryinArkansas

Post by MaryinArkansas »

Please see PL Notes for Section 1: "1914": At 1:56 "safe through" should be "safe though" At 3:16 "gone profoundly" should be "gone proudly"

MaryinArkansas

Post by MaryinArkansas »

Sections 8 and 9 Die 14 glücklichen Tage Parts 1 and 2 are PL OK. :thumbs:

MaryinArkansas

Post by MaryinArkansas »

It looks as though we'll get 14 items for this project, as it seems to be coming along nicely. For past anniversary recordings we've put together a song - some of them nicely done by commonsparrow3 (Maria Kasper) in recent years. There isn't time for such a thing this year, but I was wondering if there are any plans for a podcast celebrating the anniversary...organizing the collection, what interested people in it, etc.

schrm

Post by schrm »

mhhbook wrote: August 12th, 2019, 1:17 pm Sections 8 and 9 Die 14 glücklichen Tage Parts 1 and 2 are PL OK. :thumbs:
thank you!
cheers
wolfi
reader/12275
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

mhhbook wrote: August 12th, 2019, 1:22 pm It looks as though we'll get 14 items for this project, as it seems to be coming along nicely. For past anniversary recordings we've put together a song - some of them nicely done by commonsparrow3 (Maria Kasper) in recent years. There isn't time for such a thing this year, but I was wondering if there are any plans for a podcast celebrating the anniversary...organizing the collection, what interested people in it, etc.
Perhaps when we're done we can entertain that idea.

I must tell you again how much I appreciate your help with this!
Anitazz

Post by Anitazz »

Here's another recording for consideration:

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/fourteen_fourteenthday_davenport_asm_128kb.mp3 (6:37)
This is the Fourteenth Day from Journal of a Fourteen Days' Ride Through the Bush from Quebec to Lake St. John by Mrs. Davenport.
Link to source: https://archive.org/details/cihm_02509/page/29

Anita
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

Anitazz wrote: August 12th, 2019, 8:56 pm Here's another recording for consideration:

https://librivox.org/uploads/alg1001/fourteen_fourteenthday_davenport_asm_128kb.mp3 (6:37)
This is the Fourteenth Day from Journal of a Fourteen Days' Ride Through the Bush from Quebec to Lake St. John by Mrs. Davenport.
Link to source: https://archive.org/details/cihm_02509/page/29

Anita
Thank you! Most excellent!