[COMPLETE] The Lake Mystery by Marvin Dana - dc

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
lymiewithpurpose

Post by lymiewithpurpose »

Chapter 4 is up, I'm starting to think May is the only good guy!
Campbell
pronouns: they/them
lymiewithpurpose

Had to get another one up this weekend, so 5 is also up. Starting to get into the thick of things!
Campbell
lymiewithpurpose

6 is up, I think somebody's mouth is going to get them in trouble (have no idea who though).
Campbell
SaraHale

Post by SaraHale »

lymiewithpurpose wrote: August 11th, 2019, 12:05 pm Chapter 4 is up, I'm starting to think May is the only good guy!
Chapter 4 is PL OK for sure. Well Done! I loved the narration so much. :9:

May Thurston, I agree with you.

Sorry for being late with the PL. I'll keep listening to the rest. :thumbs:
Thanks, SaraHale. :D
Constructive criticism is always welcome. :thumbs:
lymiewithpurpose

SaraHale wrote: August 17th, 2019, 12:18 pm
lymiewithpurpose wrote: August 11th, 2019, 12:05 pm Chapter 4 is up, I'm starting to think May is the only good guy!
Chapter 4 is PL OK for sure. Well Done! I loved the narration so much. :9:

May Thurston, I agree with you.

Sorry for being late with the PL. I'll keep listening to the rest. :thumbs:
Thanks, and take your time!
Campbell
SaraHale

Post by SaraHale »

lymiewithpurpose wrote: August 11th, 2019, 1:48 pm Had to get another one up this weekend, so 5 is also up. Starting to get into the thick of things!
Love the narration for this one as well.

Minor PL Notes:
  • @02m:41.252s - but this was patently impossible. I hear patiently instead of patently.
  • @12m:41.625s - astonishing dissonance from Strauss. I hear distance instead of dissonance.
  • @16m:56.644s - You've missed the bolded part. "vast, massive, dignified. Now, the genius was gone from the reading. Saxe Temple felt no least degree of sympathy for this crude, unpleasant fragment. On the contrary, the piece"
When will they figure out that the clue is in the ghastly music sheet?? I'm not sure if I'm right. But I guessed that that's the clue from May's reaction and what she said.

Rambling a bit, feel free to ignore :mrgreen:
:hmm: Maybe I'm influenced by Detective Conan (it's a Japanese anime). Which I won't recommend because it's an on-going anime since 1996. There was a case in Detective Conan where someone used a music sheet to pass a coded message. They also used Moonlight Sonata by Beethoven. Have you by any chance come across this video (https://youtu.be/yGDCd5LMEmw)? It's a MOONLIGHT SONATA REMIX. I love it when the old, new, and creativity are mixed together. :9:

Now for the next chapter...
lymiewithpurpose

Thanks, will try to fix this afternoon.
SaraHale wrote: August 17th, 2019, 1:22 pm When will they figure out that the clue is in the ghastly music sheet?? I'm not sure if I'm right. But I guessed that that's the clue from May's reaction and what she said.
Right? And the emphasis on how Saxe is also a musician. Sometimes these people aren't the smartest... watch us be wrong though.
SaraHale wrote: August 17th, 2019, 1:22 pm t's a MOONLIGHT SONATA REMIX. I love it when the old, new, and creativity are mixed together.
Wow, that's an awesome video. Super cool.
Campbell
SaraHale

Post by SaraHale »

lymiewithpurpose wrote: August 17th, 2019, 1:27 pm Thanks, will try to fix this afternoon.

Right? And the emphasis on how Saxe is also a musician. Sometimes these people aren't the smartest... watch us be wrong though.
Okay!

Totally!! I'm afraid that we might get it wrong. :mrgreen: We'll see.
lymiewithpurpose wrote: August 17th, 2019, 1:27 pm Wow, that's an awesome video. Super cool.
I'm so glad you liked it. :9:
SaraHale

Post by SaraHale »

lymiewithpurpose wrote: August 17th, 2019, 10:59 am 6 is up, I think somebody's mouth is going to get them in trouble (have no idea who though).
Chapter 6 is PL OK :clap:
lymiewithpurpose

SaraHale wrote: August 17th, 2019, 1:22 pm
lymiewithpurpose wrote: August 11th, 2019, 1:48 pm Had to get another one up this weekend, so 5 is also up. Starting to get into the thick of things!
Love the narration for this one as well.

Minor PL Notes:
  • @02m:41.252s - but this was patently impossible. I hear patiently instead of patently.
  • @12m:41.625s - astonishing dissonance from Strauss. I hear distance instead of dissonance.
  • @16m:56.644s - You've missed the bolded part. "vast, massive, dignified. Now, the genius was gone from the reading. Saxe Temple felt no least degree of sympathy for this crude, unpleasant fragment. On the contrary, the piece"
When will they figure out that the clue is in the ghastly music sheet?? I'm not sure if I'm right. But I guessed that that's the clue from May's reaction and what she said.

Rambling a bit, feel free to ignore :mrgreen:
:hmm: Maybe I'm influenced by Detective Conan (it's a Japanese anime). Which I won't recommend because it's an on-going anime since 1996. There was a case in Detective Conan where someone used a music sheet to pass a coded message. They also used Moonlight Sonata by Beethoven. Have you by any chance come across this video (https://youtu.be/yGDCd5LMEmw)? It's a MOONLIGHT SONATA REMIX. I love it when the old, new, and creativity are mixed together. :9:

Now for the next chapter...
Hopefully corrected these. And, if we are wrong about this, then nothing happens and we can laugh at ourselves for thinking we're smarter than the characters.
Campbell
lymiewithpurpose

7 is up. Masters is going to get into trouble I think...
Campbell
SaraHale

Post by SaraHale »

lymiewithpurpose wrote: August 17th, 2019, 3:27 pm Hopefully corrected these. And, if we are wrong about this, then nothing happens and we can laugh at ourselves for thinking we're smarter than the characters.
Chapter 5 is PL OK. Well edited. :clap:
SaraHale

Post by SaraHale »

lymiewithpurpose wrote: August 18th, 2019, 1:26 pm 7 is up. Masters is going to get into trouble I think...
I think so too...

One minor PL note: Good job doing Jack's lines. :clap:
lymiewithpurpose

SaraHale wrote: August 21st, 2019, 2:01 am @00m:11.481s - Haphazard (https://howjsay.com/search?word=HAPHAZARD). I hear it half hazard. So, could you please double-check this one?
And to think I've thought it was pronounced half hazard my entire life... good catch! Better?
Campbell
SaraHale

Post by SaraHale »

lymiewithpurpose wrote: August 22nd, 2019, 4:20 pm And to think I've thought it was pronounced half hazard my entire life... good catch! Better?
It's perfect!!! :thumbs: Chapter 7 is now PL OK.