New To LibriVox - Gareth from West Coast of Canada

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
GarethKairos

Post by GarethKairos »

Hello, LibriVoxer's!

I am a 29-year-old male born in raised in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada and have been residing in Victoria, BC for two and a half years. I am a lifelong learner and a fan of dusty books and the wisdom they contain. I have a BA Dbl Major in Communications and Political Science and I hope to get a masters degree sometime in the next few years.

I also used to be a DJ in my early 20's, and as a host of many online radio shows, I know my way around and microphone and the editing that goes into voice recording. However, it has been years, and I feel like I need to "get my voice back" but this time, in a more intellectual manner.I have listened to many LibriVox recordings in the past that have truly enriched my life, so I now want to return the favor, and I aspire to be like the great voices that have so often sparked my motivation, and even lulled me to sleep.

Though my real name is Gareth Crawford, I love to use "Kairos" in my username. This is because it refers to a measure of time used by the greeks which was more qualitative in nature; in contrast to "chronos", which was their term for chronological time. It also can be defined as a noun as "the perfect, delicate, crucial moment; the fleeting rightness of time and place that creates the opportune atmosphere for action, words, or movement.

I look forward to joining you all on this adventure.

- Gareth
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

Welcome to LibriVox Kairos! It is so nice of you to volunteer and this is indeed the exactly right time for you to do it. The perfect cusp and crisis (in it's Greek meaning I think) At first some things may seem a bit confusing. Be patient; everything will clear up eventually. I've made a little video to welcome people and share a few things that I think are nice to know about us at the start of your adventure. Note, these are just my feelings. In any case ask lots of questions, we are a helpful bunch here and want VERY much for you to succeed. https://youtu.be/mwtn_2d3_qs
Disclaimer: LibriVox has been known to have side effects of joy, happiness and tons of good karma. Proceed with caution or wild abandon, your choice. Toy not included. Best if shared with others. Contents may settle. Keep out of pudding
"I lost my trousers," said Tom expansively.
89 Decibels? Easy Peasy ! https://youtu.be/aSKR55RDVpk