COMPLETE: The Roosevelt-Rondon Scientific Expedition and the Telegraph Line Commission -jo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

Leni wrote: May 20th, 2019, 4:27 pm Unfortunately our DPLer hasn't logged in for almost a month, and hasn't replied to my PMs, so I am opening the DPL position again.
I just signed on as DPL for another project and don't think I could manage two at one time. I will gladly take on the job, or at least assist, once I am free. The classification is Standard, yes?
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

KevinS wrote: May 20th, 2019, 5:22 pm
Leni wrote: May 20th, 2019, 4:27 pm Unfortunately our DPLer hasn't logged in for almost a month, and hasn't replied to my PMs, so I am opening the DPL position again.
I just signed on as DPL for another project and don't think I could manage two at one time. I will gladly take on the job, or at least assist, once I am free. The classification is Standard, yes?
Yes, standard :)
Leni
=================
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

Leni wrote: May 20th, 2019, 5:29 pm
KevinS wrote: May 20th, 2019, 5:22 pm
Yes, standard :)
Leni, I have some time now, if you wish.
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

KevinS wrote: May 25th, 2019, 8:01 am
Thanks much, Kevin! I put you as DPL. I will PL your section myself. :)
Leni
=================
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

Leni wrote: May 25th, 2019, 8:18 am
KevinS wrote: May 25th, 2019, 8:01 am
Thanks much, Kevin! I put you as DPL. I will PL your section myself. :)
Cool!
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

Preface is PL OK!
Leni
=================
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

Leni wrote: July 16th, 2019, 7:38 am Preface is PL OK!
Thank you!
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

22 and 25, please. :)
School fiction: David Blaize
America Exploration: The First Four Voyages of Amerigo Vespucci
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

TriciaG wrote: August 7th, 2019, 9:41 am 22 and 25, please. :)
Sure thing! Thanks for claiming!
Leni
=================
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

I forgot how painful this is to record. Rondon has long, complicated sentences, which, combined with crazy-difficult names of rivers and tribes that are unnatural for me to pronounce due to their being in languages I'm unfamiliar with - Portuguese and tribal languages (which I assume from some rivers having two different names) - I stumble over every single instance of them, leads to me losing the general meaning and flow of the sentence. (See what I did there?? :twisted: ) Therefore, many of my sentences are robotic-sounding and don't carry the flow of the sentence. BUT, section 22 is recorded!

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/rooseveltrondon_22_rondon_128kb.mp3
41:52
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

TriciaG wrote: August 8th, 2019, 11:00 am I forgot how painful this is to record. Rondon has long, complicated sentences, which, combined with crazy-difficult names of rivers and tribes that are unnatural for me to pronounce due to their being in languages I'm unfamiliar with - Portuguese and tribal languages (which I assume from some rivers having two different names) - I stumble over every single instance of them, leads to me losing the general meaning and flow of the sentence. (See what I did there?? :twisted: ) Therefore, many of my sentences are robotic-sounding and don't carry the flow of the sentence. BUT, section 22 is recorded!

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/rooseveltrondon_22_rondon_128kb.mp3
Finish 25 and you get a campaign medal!

(I'm thinking of jumping in also. This is an important recording.)
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

TriciaG wrote: August 8th, 2019, 11:00 am I forgot how painful this is to record. Rondon has long, complicated sentences, which, combined with crazy-difficult names of rivers and tribes that are unnatural for me to pronounce due to their being in languages I'm unfamiliar with - Portuguese and tribal languages (which I assume from some rivers having two different names) - I stumble over every single instance of them, leads to me losing the general meaning and flow of the sentence. (See what I did there?? :twisted: ) Therefore, many of my sentences are robotic-sounding and don't carry the flow of the sentence. BUT, section 22 is recorded!

Thanks, Tricia! I know :? But I honestly feel more like blaming the translators here. Portuguese naturally has longer sentences than English, so the translators should have compensated for it, I think. Oh well. Thanks for the recording. If I find some time soon, I plan on recording one or two sections too, so we can wrap this project.
Leni
=================
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Here's section 25. This one wasn't so bad - perhaps because there were fewer unfamiliar words. :) And it's 15 minutes shorter!

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/rooseveltrondon_25_rondon_128kb.mp3
25:37
Leni
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Leni »

Thanks much, Tricia!
Leni
=================
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

TriciaG wrote: August 8th, 2019, 6:36 pm Here's section 25. This one wasn't so bad - perhaps because there were fewer unfamiliar words. :) And it's 15 minutes shorter!

https://librivox.org/uploads/knotyouraveragejo/rooseveltrondon_25_rondon_128kb.mp3
25:37
PL OK!