[COMPLETE] World's Best Poetry, Vol. 9 (Part II) - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

Thanks, Foon!

We'll see what Craig and Leanne choose...
Tomas Peter
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

just a short hello from Minsk :D

I can take anything remaining when I get back, if you guys want to choose first. Will be able to record again in one week.

Tomas, thanks for handling all the claims in my absence. Maybe we could make a list here what is needed, how many poems each of us has to do, and who could take what role in the DRs so that we don't have double voices in one of them.

Also I think Leanne is already unsubscribed, so if you could PM her to ask whether she wants to join the team effort, that would be helpful.

Sonia
Craigos

Post by Craigos »

WiltedScribe wrote: July 29th, 2019, 4:25 pm Thanks, Foon!

We'll see what Craig and Leanne choose...
I'm happy to pick up anything.
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

Since no one is picky about assignments, what if we just let Jason finish everything he is able to and pick from what he leaves us? That might help narrow down our preferences.

Jason, post all the rest of the files you're able to do in your next post and we can take it from there. If you can do that by next week sometime that would help us continue along.
Tomas Peter
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

Thanks Jason. I've updated the MW with the remainder of your sections. I also removed you from the unfinished ones so it's easier for us to see what needs claiming now.

I claimed the Gelett Burgess poems immediately because they're not PD for Europeans (which... everyone else here is LOL); for whatever else I must do I will let Sonia make my assignments. I think everyone needs to do two more, with someone getting three (maybe I can do three, since the Burgess poems are short). It's getting late here so maybe my math is not 100%. :P
Tomas Peter
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

great to see this is moving along. Thank you Jason, for doing as many as you could :9:

So I send you all a PM to get the remaining poems divided among us. I'll already assign the DR roles, which after some consideration only leaves us with one single choice for voice:

57. Narrator in "Jim Bludso of the Prairie Belle" (should by claimed by me)
84. Narrator in "The Auld Wife" (should be claimed by Craig)
100. Narrator in "Nocturnal Sketch" (should be claimed by Leanne)
121. Bellman in "The Baker's Tale" (should be claimed by Foon)

I had a first reply from Leanne for Alnwick Castle, so this one is reserved for her. Thanks !

Will wait another day before I assign the remaining 4 to the rest of us. There's still time if you really like to do one of those :mrgreen:

48. What Mr. Robinson Thinks
68. Nebuchadnezzar
75. Ode to Tobacco
87. The Arab

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

thanks for all these Jason. :) all your DRs are PL ok and I will assemble them later on. I loved the little laugh you had with the Nantucket Skipper at one point :lol: good you left that one in, made me grin too.

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ok now that I heard back from Foon as well, I tentatively assign the poems to us:

48. What Mr. Robinson Thinks - Craig
68. Nebuchadnezzar - Foon
75. Ode to Tobacco - Tomas
87. The Arab - Sonia

I hope you are all ok with this now. I'll update the MW, and if any are not happy, please tell me in the next few hours. I won't be recording anything before tomorrow anyway.

If we could now all try to get these done in maybe the next two weeks, that would be awesome. If any encounter trouble and can't manage, please let us know immediately and we re-shuffle again :lol:

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

here are my two already. I immediately assembled the DR with Craig's part, so both are ready for Anthony to PL :)
It felt good to record poetry again after so much time :9:

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldsbestpoetryvolume9_2_057_various_128kb.mp3
Recording time: 2:50 min.

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldsbestpoetryvolume9_2_087_various_128kb.mp3
Recording time: 2:17 min.

Sonia
afutterer

Post by afutterer »

PL NOTES:

SECTIONS - 4, 33, 51, 55, 60, 63, 67, 81

PL OK
Anthony

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak. ~Epictetus
afutterer

Post by afutterer »

PL NOTES:

SECTIONS - 57, 87

PL OK
Anthony

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak. ~Epictetus
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

thank you, Anthony. Glad to see you back again :) Back from the summer holidays, or not yet gone ?

Sonia
afutterer

Post by afutterer »

I have a trip planned next week. I think I will have to come into work a few days.
Anthony