[COMPLETE][HISTORY/GEOGRAPHY]World's Story 8: Norway, Sweden, Denmark, Iceland, Greenland, the Poles - kit

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

mightyfelix wrote: August 8th, 2019, 9:06 pmI thought yesterday how great it was that I had a free evening tonight so that I could get so much recording done! But then today I remembered that the webinar I'd so been looking forward to had been rescheduled for tonight. :roll: Ah, well. I had time for this one.
better one than none ;) thank you so much for this beautifully narrated section on HCA. :9: I visited his house in Odense some years ago, it was turned into a museum, and very interesting too. So this brought back memories. Wow, they had a rough life back then. It's so great that he turned out such a famous storyteller, although he did not have a prosperous start in life.

Absolutely PL ok. :)

I hope your webinar goes well ! What was it about ?

Sonia
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

Kitty wrote: August 9th, 2019, 3:06 am I hope your webinar goes well ! What was it about ?
It was fun! It was about the 1967 film Camelot. We discussed the roots of it, first coming from Sir Thomas Malory, then T.H. White's Once and Future King, then the stage play, and how this was different or similar to each of them. And then brought up a few other King Arthur adaptations, although we barely touched on those. Camelot was also interesting as it reflected the political and social feeling of the time when it was made, shortly after JFK's assassination.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

mightyfelix wrote: August 9th, 2019, 4:44 amIt was fun! It was about the 1967 film Camelot. We discussed the roots of it, first coming from Sir Thomas Malory, then T.H. White's Once and Future King, then the stage play, and how this was different or similar to each of them. And then brought up a few other King Arthur adaptations, although we barely touched on those. Camelot was also interesting as it reflected the political and social feeling of the time when it was made, shortly after JFK's assassination.
sounds interesting ! I have not seen that particular Camelot movie, but I have seen many other King Arthur adaptations. Would have been interesting to listen into your discussion.

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

law-making in Iceland...well sounds more like a market-gathering here:

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory_volume08_067_tappan_128kb.mp3
Recording time: 2:10 min.

On my last trip to Iceland I was actually standing on the Thingvellir place where the law-making was taking place all those years ago. A very awe-inspiring setting. :9:

Sonia
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Here is 22. I liked it. Jim :D
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

neecheelok70 wrote: August 10th, 2019, 9:04 am Here is 22. I liked it. Jim :D
aren't you supposed to be on holidays ? ;)

thanks, Jim. Though you forgot to paste the link and the length. But I try to find it in my folder. I'm sure it's correctly named.

Sonia
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Here is 22 now:

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory_volume08_022_tappan_128kb.mp3 15.95 KB

17:00

Jim

P.S. I was juggling three this morning and I dropped one of them.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

neecheelok70 wrote: August 10th, 2019, 9:36 amHere is 22 now:
https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory_volume08_022_tappan_128kb.mp3 15.95 KB
P.S. I was juggling three this morning and I dropped one of them.
never drop any Finn blood ;)

oh this was indeed a beautiful story, a bit of mysticism and fantasy but with a happy ending. :9: I liked it very much. Need to check if there's more of this author.

Thank you very much for this entertaining treat, Jim, this is PL ok. :)

Sonia
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Back in the saddle as we say here in Ameriker! Thanks, Sonia! :D
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

neecheelok70 wrote: August 10th, 2019, 11:19 amBack in the saddle as we say here in Ameriker! Thanks, Sonia! :D
glad to have you back, hopefully refreshed ;)

here is a third small section to PL, whenever you have time in your busy schedule:

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory_volume08_051_tappan_128kb.mp3
Recording time: 4:49 min.

thanks

Sonia
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

To me, all three (47, 51, and 67) are PL OK. But for your information, in 51 I thought I heard a bit of background noise around 1:00 and 1:16, but it was not very intrusive, and I even think I may have imagined it. :lol: And at 1:49, I sort of hear more of a z than an ess sound in the pronunciation of the word loosing, which sort of does change the meaning, but the context should take care of it. And in 67 at 1:24, you say "the court begins" when it should be "the courts begin." I almost didn't say anything because these are so negligible, but I know you want to know anything I notice. Essentially, nothing really needs to be done. Yours, Jim :thumbs:
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

thank you for your careful listening :9:
wrote:But for your information, in 51 I thought I heard a bit of background noise around 1:00 and 1:16, but it was not very intrusive, and I even think I may have imagined it.
hmmm I listened to this part but I couldn't hear anything. But I'm aware that my ears are not the best, some frequencies I cannot hear well. But if it's not too intrusive, I opt to leave it at that.
And at 1:49, I sort of hear more of a z than an ess sound in the pronunciation of the word loosing, which sort of does change the meaning, but the context should take care of it.
yes indeed, that's a different verb, my mistake. I re-did this part, ready for Spot PL:

> at 2:02-2:04: "received from the lord the great power of binding and loosing"

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory_volume08_051_tappan_128kb.mp3
Recording time: 4:49 min
And in 67 at 1:24, you say "the court begins" when it should be "the courts begin."
yes probably also a bit of a shift in meaning, that there is more than one court....I decided to correct that one as well:

> at 1:24-1:26: "on Monday the courts begin to sit"

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory_volume08_067_tappan_128kb.mp3
Recording time: 2:10 min.
I almost didn't say anything because these are so negligible, but I know you want to know anything I notice.
yes thank you so much. I am especially grateful when you tell me any pronunciation errors, like the lose/loose difference. These things are normal for native speakers, but I do have to be more careful sometimes.

So 47 was immediately PL ok, I guess ?

Sonia
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

Yes, 47, 51, and 67 are all wonderfully PL OK. :clap:
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

neecheelok70 wrote: August 12th, 2019, 9:36 amYes, 47, 51, and 67 are all wonderfully PL OK. :clap:
thank you, Jim :9: here is already another one, but no hurry to PL, please :)

https://librivox.org/uploads/kitty/worldstory_volume08_080_tappan_128kb.mp3
Recording time: 2:42 min.

Sonia
neecheelok70

Post by neecheelok70 »

It's so short, so why wait? And it is PL OK! :thumbs: