COMPLETE The Governess; or, The Little Female Academy by Sarah Fielding-icequeen

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

mlcui wrote: August 5th, 2019, 2:48 am
RSlabaugh wrote: August 4th, 2019, 1:44 pm Do you like for me to run your files through the checker? Chapter 4 is at 91.8 dB, but the rest are all 92.4 - 93. Otherwise Introduction is PL OK.
I'm not sure about that, actually.
If you think the volume is too loud (or too soft) for comfort,
then I could fiddle with the amplification some.
Otherwise, as long as the reading is clear, then maybe it's alright (???)
Well, we like for the volume to be around 89 dB, with a range of 87-92 dB. Checker is the program that we use to check certain technical stuff, like volume. Which recording program do you use? In Audacity, to change the volume of a recording is under the Effects tab. The volume really should be reduced just a little bit, but that depends on what the volume is for each section. Rosebud, could you let us know what the volume is for each section so far? Then we will know how much to reduce.
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
RSlabaugh

Post by RSlabaugh »

Section 0: 93.0 dB
Section 1: 92.4 dB
Section 2: 92.5 dB
Section 3: 92.5 dB
Section 4: 91.8 dB

Thanks for your input, Ann! I'm new enough to this that I haven't figured out how much importance to put on some of the technical aspects.
~Rosebud
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

That's what I am here for, to guide the newbies in all these little things! If you ever need to know something, please ask. I would prefer someone ask as many questions that they need to, even the simple ones, rather not asking and getting frustrated because they keep finding "landmines" and get themselves into trouble. :D
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
RSlabaugh

Post by RSlabaugh »

icequeen wrote: August 5th, 2019, 8:14 pm That's what I am here for, to guide the newbies in all these little things! If you ever need to know something, please ask. I would prefer someone ask as many questions that they need to, even the simple ones, rather not asking and getting frustrated because they keep finding "landmines" and get themselves into trouble. :D
Question: should I go ahead and PL them the way they are, or wait for the technical things to be cleared up? I've been working on other projects, so it's not like I'm sitting and twiddling my thumbs about it :)
~Rosebud
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Yes, go ahead and PL these sections, then let us know if there is anything else, besides the volume being too high.
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
RSlabaugh

Post by RSlabaugh »

OK thanks! :)
~Rosebud
mlcui

Post by mlcui »

icequeen wrote: August 6th, 2019, 12:28 pm Re: The Governess; or, The Little Female Academy by Sarah Fielding-icequeenQuote icequeen
by icequeen » Today, 4:28 am
Hi there! Thanks for your help.
Could you wait perhaps a day or two for me to adjust the amplification on these files?
It shouldn't take longer than that.
"When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes." - Desiderius Erasmus
RSlabaugh

Post by RSlabaugh »

Sounds good by me.
~Rosebud
mlcui

Post by mlcui »

"When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes." - Desiderius Erasmus
RSlabaugh

Post by RSlabaugh »

:thumbs: Looks like I'm in business now! :) I don't think I'll get to it today, but I should be able to do it later this week.
~Rosebud
RSlabaugh

Post by RSlabaugh »

The checker approves them! :thumbs: Now to PL... I should be back with that in a day or 2.
~Rosebud
RSlabaugh

Post by RSlabaugh »

Sections 0-4 all PL OK :clap:
Good job! Will be waiting for the next ones ;)
~Rosebud
mlcui

Post by mlcui »

https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/governessorthelittlefemaleacademy_05_fielding_128kb.mp3
Section 5, duration 23:17

Sorry, but it turned out that "Monday, the first day" was really long.
I decided to split it into two sections. Please bear with me.
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

mlcui wrote: August 15th, 2019, 4:06 am https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/governessorthelittlefemaleacademy_05_fielding_128kb.mp3
Section 5, duration 23:17

Sorry, but it turned out that "Monday, the first day" was really long.
I decided to split it into two sections. Please bear with me.
Do you need an extra section? I will put one in for you if you do.
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
mlcui

Post by mlcui »

Hi, there. Thanks, I put in the extra section.
Section 6, A continuation of the story of the giants.
Here is the recording, duration 18:47

https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/governessorthelittlefemaleacademy_06_fielding_128kb.mp3