[FICTION/PSYCH-CRIME] The Private Memoirs and Confessions of a Justified Sinner by James Hogg - dlo

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
elsieselwyn

Post by elsieselwyn »

grahamgeisler1 wrote: June 29th, 2019, 6:59 am I think that I was supposed to list this as well.

https://librivox.org/uploads/dlolso21/test_ggeisler.mp3
Thank you! I’ll look at it soon!
Elsie :9:
Like Sweden and coming of age stories? Read for Pelle the Conqueror
Like travelogues and Anthony Trollope? Read for The West Indies and the Spanish Main
Shadowland: October, 1919
elsieselwyn

Post by elsieselwyn »

nickbulka wrote: June 29th, 2019, 8:40 pm I'd like to read section 3.

thanx
Section 3 is already claimed. Is there another section you would like? :)
Like travelogues and Anthony Trollope? Read for The West Indies and the Spanish Main
nickbulka

Post by nickbulka »

elsieselwyn wrote: June 30th, 2019, 5:58 am

pick one. :)
-nick
-------------------------------
elsieselwyn

Post by elsieselwyn »

nickbulka wrote: June 30th, 2019, 6:43 pm
elsieselwyn wrote: June 30th, 2019, 5:58 am

pick one. :)
I gave you Section 4 :D
moonjik

Post by moonjik »

May I offer my services for section five?
elsieselwyn

Post by elsieselwyn »

moonjik wrote: July 1st, 2019, 9:10 am May I offer my services for section five?
Absolutely! Welcome to LibriVox! :D

You'll need to do the 1-minute test before recording the section you requested. Or, as an alternate, you can use the first 30 seconds or so of this recording as your test. However, I would recommend not to record the whole thing until you’ve gotten the OK on your test recording - that way, if there's something drastically wrong with your setup that requires you to re-do the whole recording, you won't have wasted your time.

Here’s the article explaining the 1 minute test: https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php?title=1-Minute_Test

And another article explaining recording in general for new readers: https://wiki.librivox.org/index.php/Newbie_Guide_to_Recording

Also, in order to add you into the system, I have to enter a catalog name for you. Do you want to be known by your forum username, real name, or a pseudonym?

In the meantime, I’ll save the section for you!
RichardStorer

Post by RichardStorer »

Please could I read Section 7?
I'm a new volunteer - just passed my test - and am delighted to find this book in the list of readers wanted as I just re-read it earlier this year.
Richard Storer.
elsieselwyn

Post by elsieselwyn »

RichardStorer wrote: July 10th, 2019, 1:01 pm Please could I read Section 7?
I'm a new volunteer - just passed my test - and am delighted to find this book in the list of readers wanted as I just re-read it earlier this year.
Richard Storer.
All yours! I’m glad you enjoy the book :D

How do you want to be known in the catalog? By your forum username, real name, or pseudonym?
nickbulka

Post by nickbulka »

Hi,
A quick note: I'm going through some unexpected dental issues that will take a few weeks to fix.
So it will be a little while before section 4 is complete.
-nick
dlolso21
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by dlolso21 »

Nick,

Sorry to hear that you have challenges.

Thank you for the information.

David O
elsieselwyn

Post by elsieselwyn »

nickbulka wrote: July 17th, 2019, 9:08 am Hi,
A quick note: I'm going through some unexpected dental issues that will take a few weeks to fix.
So it will be a little while before section 4 is complete.
Thanks for letting us know - hope you get better soon!
nickbulka

Post by nickbulka »

Regrettably, I have to bow out of reading section 4. My dental issues are more complicated than expected.
Sorry about that.
-nick
elsieselwyn

Post by elsieselwyn »

nickbulka wrote: August 7th, 2019, 7:59 pm Regrettably, I have to bow out of reading section 4. My dental issues are more complicated than expected.
Sorry about that.
That’s fine!
grahamgeisler1

Post by grahamgeisler1 »

Here is my upload for Section 2. Please let me know if I did something wrong or if something needs to be corrected.

https://librivox.org/uploads/dlolso21/Librivox_Confessions_Real.mp3
lubee930

Post by lubee930 »

grahamgeisler1 wrote: August 10th, 2019, 5:48 pm Here is my upload for Section 2. Please let me know if I did something wrong or if something needs to be corrected.
https://librivox.org/uploads/dlolso21/Librivox_Confessions_Real.mp3
Hi all--I think that this section may have been overlooked since quite some time has passed since it was posted, so I PL'ed it in order to give some feedback to a new volunteer. Hope that is O.K.

Graham--You did a wonderful job on the recording--thank you! :thumbs: All of your technical specs are fine, and I have no notes on the reading of the text itself. But there are just a couple of small fixes for you to make.

--As the instructions say in the first post: "There should be ~5 seconds silence at the end of the recording." So please add some silence to the end of your track.
--The name of your file is incorrect. The file naming convention specified in the instructions is "memoirsjustifiedsinner_##_hogg_128kb.mp3 (all lower-case) where ## is the section number (e.g. memoirsjustifiedsinner_01_hogg_128kb.mp3). Also, you should include the track length when you post the upload link here in this thread. We can use it to verify that there were no hiccups with the upload.

So--add some silence to the end of the track, then upload the file using the correct file name. Post the link here in this thread again along with the track length--and then someone will take one final look at it. Great first recording! Let us know if you have any questions or need some help. :)
Kind regards,
Lucretia