COMPLETE [LEGENDS] The Book of the Thousand Nights and a Night (Arabian Nights), Vol 11 - kik

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
abhat

Post by abhat »

SkyRider wrote: August 6th, 2019, 2:37 pm Section 10 PL OK

There's no need to give the volume - I'll check that anyway! :D
Done! :thumbs:

:D
Zynomite

Post by Zynomite »

I’ll read section 36 the tenth night of the month
abhat

Post by abhat »

abhat

Post by abhat »

Hi Foon,

Could you please unassign me for section#20. I will complete till 19th.

Thanks,
Aparna
DianaEve

Post by DianaEve »

SkyRider wrote: August 6th, 2019, 2:55 am Section 52 PL notes:

The file is on the quiet side - we try to make all sections comparable volumes so the listener isn't having to adjust their headphones from file to file. If you could amplify by +5.0 dB (you've got the headroom to do that without worrying about compressors or limiters) then upload it with the correct filename then that would be great.

There are a few small reading errors (eg rendering "froward" (meaning contrary and obstinate) as "forward" at 1:25), but none of them got in the way of the narrative - indeed, trying to correct them would probably be more obtrusive than leaving them. Just something to be aware of in future reads.

Cheers,
Paul

https://librivox.org/uploads/kikisaulite/arabiannightsvolume11_52_anonymous_128kb.mp3

I've amplified this by the +5.0 dB you recommended. Thank you for your feedback.

DianaEve
SkyRider

Post by SkyRider »

Section 11 PL OK
Section 12 PL OK
Section 13 PL OK
Section 52 Spot PL OK

Aparna - although your volume is within range, don't be afraid to boost it a little. Amplifying by 2dB would put you in the middle of the range rather than at the bottom of it.

Good work, both of you. It's rare to go through so many files without finding something!
Foon

Post by Foon »

Thank you everyone!!
abhat wrote: August 7th, 2019, 2:16 pm Hi Foon,

Could you please unassign me for section#20. I will complete till 19th.

Thanks,
Aparna
Done, section 20 is open for claims again!

Zynomite wrote: August 7th, 2019, 8:15 am I’ll read section 36 the tenth night of the month
Hi there! Welcome to LibriVox!
I'm glad to hear that you're interested in this project. I can put this section on hold for you, but there are two things to take care of before I can properly assign it to you.

First, we strongly recommend that readers complete a 1-minute test before embarking on recording a full section. This is not an audition, but merely a way to iron out any kinks in your recording setup, and making sure you have the correct file settings. The instructions can be found in your welcome email.
Second, before I can properly assign the section to you, I'll need to know under what name or pseudonym you'd like to appear in the LV catalog.
I'll reserve this section for you until you get those things sorted. :D

Let me know if you have any questions!

Cheers,
Foon
Foon - Real life is getting in the way of LV, will be slow until all is back on track, please bear with me!

Readers needed:
Dramatic Reading: The Curious Case of Benjamin Button
Folklore/legends: Arabian Nights Vol. 11
Play: Zeus the Tragedian
chuckconvr

Post by chuckconvr »

Allow me to claim Section 30 - The Fourth Night of the Month

Chuck
Foon

Post by Foon »

chuckconvr wrote: August 26th, 2019, 2:46 pm Allow me to claim Section 30 - The Fourth Night of the Month

Chuck
All yours, thanks for claiming! :thumbs:
Foon - Real life is getting in the way of LV, will be slow until all is back on track, please bear with me!

Readers needed:
SkyRider

Post by SkyRider »

Sorry for the lack of notice on this but I'll only have intermittent access to the internet for the next three weeks so PLing turnaround might be (even) slower than usual. Hopefully, normal service should be resumed on or around 17 September.
Foon

Post by Foon »

SkyRider wrote: August 27th, 2019, 7:23 am Sorry for the lack of notice on this but I'll only have intermittent access to the internet for the next three weeks so PLing turnaround might be (even) slower than usual. Hopefully, normal service should be resumed on or around 17 September.
No worries Paul, I'll try to step in while you're away! (I'm away myself for a long weekend too, but I'm sure people will be able to deal with a few days' delay ;) )
Thanks for letting us know :thumbs:

Readers needed:
SkyRider

Post by SkyRider »

Actually the being away bit isn't for a while - the immediate problem is hardware failure, but I don't really have the time to sort it out before I do go...
SkyRider

Post by SkyRider »

...but thanks for covering for me. :)
chuckconvr

Post by chuckconvr »

Foon

Post by Foon »

Thank you! It's in the MW for prooflistening. Our DPL has intermittent internet access at the moment, so I will try to get to it myself soon! :D

Readers needed: