icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Section 10 is PL OK!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
Doug42

Post by Doug42 »

icequeen wrote: July 23rd, 2019, 9:32 pm Section 9 needs one small edit.

The outro says "End of section 8," when it should be 9.
What a silly mistake! Thanks for catching it. Here's the corrected version, 36:56 long:

https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/loupgarou_09_phillpotts_128kb.mp3

*** Doug
*** Doug F.
"The glass isn't half full, its about to overflow - get me another glass!"
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Doug42 wrote: July 26th, 2019, 2:36 pm
icequeen wrote: July 23rd, 2019, 9:32 pm Section 9 needs one small edit.

The outro says "End of section 8," when it should be 9.
What a silly mistake! Thanks for catching it. Here's the corrected version, 36:56 long:

https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/loupgarou_09_phillpotts_128kb.mp3

*** Doug

I almost didn't catch it! It was one of those things where I had to go back to listen to the end just to make sure I heard what I thought I heard! Not a big deal, it does happen more often than not. Now section 9 is PL OK! Thanks Doug!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

Hi Ann,

I am intrigued by the last story in this book. After looking at it, I have one question. Starting with page 206 and continuing to page 212 there is a 'cipher'. After looking at it, how on earth would one relate that to a listener of an oral presentation? Read each letter out loud, just as written? I can't think of any other way, but if you can come up with another option, that would be great.

So, with that problem solved, may I claim section 25 (with maybe more requests later)?

Thanks,

Wayne
Wayne
We never really grow up, we just learn how to act in public. :mrgreen:
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Hi Wayne,

I think that would be the best solution for reading the cipher, just reading each letter. At least that would be the simplest way to do it. If, when you record that section, you come up with a better way, I am fine with that, too! Section 25 is yours, let me know if you would like the rest of that story. Thank you!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

Ann,

OK, I will do it that way, I can't think of anything else. Anyway, go ahead and give me the whole story. I will have four weeks to get it done, as I won't be able to do anything at all for the next seven months after the end of August. Wish me luck. :)

Wayne.
Wayne
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Kalamareader wrote: July 27th, 2019, 9:15 pm Ann,

OK, I will do it that way, I can't think of anything else. Anyway, go ahead and give me the whole story. I will have four weeks to get it done, as I won't be able to do anything at all for the next seven months after the end of August. Wish me luck. :)

Wayne.
Cool! The rest of the story is yours, thank you!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

Ann,

Here is Section 25: https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/loupgarou_25_phillpotts_128kb.mp3

Time: 24:28

I changed my approach to the 'riddle'. The first time I gave a short description of it, the second time, actually gave nothing, the response by Mr. Hargan seems to cover it, and the third time I did 'read' it to give some idea of how much he had gotten out of it. Just let me know if you think this works. If not I can do something else. :thumbs:

Wayne
Wayne
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Kalamareader wrote: July 29th, 2019, 10:57 am Ann,

Here is Section 25: https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/loupgarou_25_phillpotts_128kb.mp3

Time: 24:28

I changed my approach to the 'riddle'. The first time I gave a short description of it, the second time, actually gave nothing, the response by Mr. Hargan seems to cover it, and the third time I did 'read' it to give some idea of how much he had gotten out of it. Just let me know if you think this works. If not I can do something else. :thumbs:

Wayne
Thanks Wayne, I will let you know!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

Ann,

Well, here is section 26: https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/loupgarou_26_phillpotts_128kb.mp3

Time: 8:49

I am sure you didn't read my 'intro' when I started LV, but this is something I have wanted to do for decades. I have listened to literally thousands of audio books, all professionally done, and have always wanted to do this but didn't know about LV. My son-in-law mentioned that he listened to books for free on LV, so I looked into it and now I am hooked (addicted).

Thank you all for being here. :clap:

Wayne
Wayne
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Kalamareader wrote: July 29th, 2019, 7:07 pm Ann,

Well, here is section 26: https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/loupgarou_26_phillpotts_128kb.mp3

Time: 8:49

I am sure you didn't read my 'intro' when I started LV, but this is something I have wanted to do for decades. I have listened to literally thousands of audio books, all professionally done, and have always wanted to do this but didn't know about LV. My son-in-law mentioned that he listened to books for free on LV, so I looked into it and now I am hooked (addicted).

Thank you all for being here. :clap:

Wayne
I love it when we make new LV addicts! This crazy little hobby is so much fun, and so satisfying! All kinds of books get made into audiobooks, and a lot of people get exposed to books that they never would have known about if someone had not recorded it. It is just mind blowing!

Thank you for all that you do and will continue to do!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Sections 25 and 26 are PL OK!

I like how you handled the ciphers, I think it would have become a little tedious to read the whole thing.
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

icequeen wrote: July 31st, 2019, 8:26 pm Sections 25 and 26 are PL OK!

I like how you handled the ciphers, I think it would have become a little tedious to read the whole thing.
Thank you,

Wayne
Wayne
Kalamareader

Post by Kalamareader »

Hi there,

Here is section 27: https://librivox.org/uploads/icequeen/loupgarou_27_phillpotts_128kb.mp3

Time: 26:53

Wayne
Wayne