Hello! Introductions

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
MorganBCarter

Post by MorganBCarter » August 1st, 2019, 8:29 pm

Hello LibriVox community!

My name is Morgan Bracy Carter. I live in Nashville, Tennessee, and as you could probably assume I’m a singer and songwriter. I’m a mother and wife, entrepreneur and dreamer. I’ve spent my professional career in a few industries (music, financial services, construction) and in many different roles, from music publicist to songwriter to social services to recruiter. I guess I should admit that I like a challenge and change always brings that. :P I have a love for literature and a great story. We light the firepit and my family will often tell stories from our pasts or make up spooky stories that we retell and add on to. Let’s just say imagination is at no loss in our household! We’ve all gotten into podcasts over the last year. That’s how I was introduced to LibreVox. We listen on the drive to school, to work, and while doing household “chores”. I am excited to join this community and to get the opportunity to read for LibreVox so that folks like us who listen will find themselves immersed in a great story too.

philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert » August 2nd, 2019, 7:39 pm

Excellent! and a big welcome to LibriVox. We love imagination and enthuiasm. Please do your 1 minute test, read your welcome email and jump in. Ask lots of questions. Image
Phil Chenevert, The LibriVox Video Guy
I was addicted to the hokey pokey but I turned myself around .

Need Help? Lots of Helpful Videos Here

BrookeDowns

Post by BrookeDowns » August 4th, 2019, 10:53 am

Hello! I am so very excited to join all of you. I have loved the Gutenberg Project for years and now that I am venturing into voicing and editing audio books this seemed like a wonderful place to do what I love and help a worthwhile project. I am a mom to a soon to be one year old, married to his charming father, step-mother of a soon to be 14 year old, and an avid reader/listener. I will admit listening is much easier at this point in my life.

I really hope to be helpful here and find some lasting friendships.
Thank you so much for having me.
~ B

TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG » August 6th, 2019, 5:14 pm

Welcome, Morgan and Brooke!

Brooke - You're more that welcome to join us as a proof-listener, if you find that easier right now. :) Not everyone records.
Experiences in the Panama Canal Zone during construction: Zone Policeman 88
Insomnia Collection - boring works 30-70 minutes long
Australia & New Zealand history: LINK