Security alert

Post your questions & get help from friendly LibriVoxers
ej400

Post by ej400 »

I'm not getting this anywhere else, email, facebook, or whatever, but I am constantly getting this message whenever I click basically anything around the forum... especially when I click submit on a post. Like right now! Anyway, the message comes up as this:

"Attackers might be trying to steal your information from forum.librivox.org (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards). Learn more NET::ERR_CERT_DATE_INVALID This server could not prove that it is forum.librivox.org; its security certificate expired yesterday."

When I click "advanced" on the page, it also says this:

"This may be caused by a misconfiguration or an attacker intercepting your connection. Your computer's clock is currently set to Thursday, August 1, 2019. Does that look right? If not, you should correct your system's clock and then refresh this page."

At the time I started getting this pop up, I had been PMing JayKitty76, who said she also experienced this. She had to go, but wanted me to let you know she also got this pop-up.

Is anyone else getting this weird pop up?
lymiewithpurpose

Post by lymiewithpurpose »

I am.
Campbell
pronouns: they/them
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

My assumption is that there is a security certificate that has to be renewed. I don't understand any of it, of course, but I'm not worried.
ej400

Post by ej400 »

KevinS wrote: August 1st, 2019, 12:27 pm My assumption is that there is a security certificate that has to be renewed. I don't understand any of it, of course, but I'm not worried.
Yeah I just thought it's a weird message and wanted to make sure other's were seeing it... if I was the only one I'd be worried.
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

ej400 wrote: August 1st, 2019, 12:35 pm
KevinS wrote: August 1st, 2019, 12:27 pm My assumption is that there is a security certificate that has to be renewed. I don't understand any of it, of course, but I'm not worried.
Yeah I just thought it's a weird message and wanted to make sure other's were seeing it... if I was the only one I'd be worried.
It's the pink elephants that worry me.
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

Should be fixed soon, if it isn't already. :)
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
mightyfelix
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by mightyfelix »

I got it once, but I ain't skeered. I know our forum is trustworthy, even if my computer doesn't.
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

We get a new certificate monthly with a different number - that's how it works. and for some reason, it's difficult to synchronize the change over
Anne
JayKitty76

Post by JayKitty76 »

Oh that makes sense. I knew LibriVox was a safe site but I was worried that my computer might interpret it wrong and shut the site down automatically so I wouldn't be able to access it...etc. I think it's gone now, I haven't got it since. Thanks everybody and thank you Elijah for posting this. :wink:
~ 𝚘𝚗 𝚑𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚞𝚜 ~