'Thank You' messages for LibriVox readers - continued

Comments about LibriVox? Suggestions to improve things? News?
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for david wales (David Wales) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Just a quick note to David Wales for his reading of Finn The Wolfhound. I am enjoying it very much. I haven’t finished it yet, but I enjoy it several times a week while I take my dog for long walks. I listen to six or seven chapters at a time. I have just finished the chapter where he and his dingo wife lose their puppies. Heart wrenching! Thank you, beautiful job! Joanne

All of David's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for mightyfelix (Devorah Allen) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Ms. Allen,
Thank you for volunteering your time and talent to Librivox. I have been reading Donal Grant by George MacDonald and was thrilled to find your audiobook version online. You have such a clear, pleasant reading voice that I immediately checked for other books you have read. And wow, what a selection! You have chosen some very good books, and I look forward to listening to them.

Thanks again!

All of Devorah's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for GordMackenzie (Gord Mackenzie) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Thank you for the wonderful rendition you gave Scaramouche by Rafael Sabatini. You made the story come alive and allowed it to flow easily.

All of Gord's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Mermaid (Mil Nicholson) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Mil Nicholson is one of my favorite readers, and when I am hunting for a classic to listen to in the evenings while I knit, any book that is read by her immediately jumps to the top of my list. I listened to Oliver Twist for the first time this year, and when looking for a second book by Dickens to read, saw that she had also read Barnaby Rudge … so immediately started in on that one.

I thank her very much for sharing her talents.

Sincerely,

Carolyn

Minnesota, USA

All of Mil's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
commonsparrow3

Post by commonsparrow3 »

Dear Ms Kasper:
Thank you so much for making the Trial of Susan B. Anthony accessible. With the 100th anniversary of the 19th Amendment coming next year, this is an invaluable resource.
Sincerely,
Steve
Holden MA
Thank you, Steve, for taking the time to let me know that this work has found a listener!
If you are interested in further background reading on the subject of this trial, may I suggest The Woman Who Dared to Vote, by N.E.H. Hull (2012). It was that book which first invited me to search out and read the trial transcript itself, and eventually led to this LibriVox recording.
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

Are the CD covers credited? (They likely are, but I'm just blind to it.)

I'd like to thank whoever created the nice Hemingway cover for Three Stories & Ten Poems.
mf70

Post by mf70 »

Gesine,

I treasure your reading of Riddle of the Sands. It is part of my library while I am sailing, and I often listen to a chapter .. or two .. while at anchor in the Chesapeake.

The emotional tone of your reading captures the personality of Carruthers perfectly, while your accent wonderfully evokes the milieu of the German and Dutch coast.

I've re-listened to it numerous times. I copied a version for a friend that was driving on a long trip, and she got so involved she missed her turn!

Mark
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Ralph Snelson (Ralph Snelson) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
I have thoroughly enjoyed listening to the stories of Tarzan read by Ralph Snelson. I cannot imagine Tarzan without hearing Ralph’s voice, and I want him to know how many hours of joy he has added to my life. -Paul
All of Ralph's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Bellona Times (Bellona Times) and peac (peac) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Many thanks to the reader of the 1891 Collection (Mathew ...) and The Agony Column. I just discovered this website yesterday and am thrilled.

-Mollie

All of BT's recordings!
All of peac's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for david wales (David Wales) from our 'Thank a reader' feature regarding his reading of Recollections of a Missionary in the Great West:
This was a fascinating book, extremely ably read by David Wales.

I am now going to look up other books he has narrated, and will also Google him to find out whether the is a professional voice actor.

Thank you all for this fine service you are providing.

All of David's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Helsbelles (Helen Taylor) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Ms. Taylor:

I just finished listening to your reading of Thackeray's Vanity Fair.

Brava! No, that's not strong enough: Bravissima! You truly made the characters in this book come alive. As I listened, I kept wondering--how many different voices can she muster and then keep straight? Because of you, I was sorry for the book to end, even though I was rather annoyed with Thackeray for the way it ended. I would have preferred for the heroic Maj. Dobbin, while turning away forever from that vacuous Emmy Sedley, to have said, "Frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn." I think you would have read such a line with plenty of gusto.

Thank you so much for your effort and for sharing your skill and talent with the world. I certainly will be downloading some of your other recordings on Librivox.

--John
and...
We are close to the end of our journey with Becky and Amelia in your version of Vanity Fair. We would like to thank you for your immaculate interpretation of the text. The accents, timing and inflections have been delightful from start to finish. It has been a delight to follow the adventures of the two young ladies. You have portrayed them, and everyone they meet, with an assured touch.

I imagine Mrs Bute Crawley to have been brought up in Morningside such is the accuracy of your accent.

Thank you so much for reading this work, and The Benefactress. You have made many a long car journey something to look forward to.

Owen and Anthea
All of Helen's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for MaryAnnSpiegel (MaryAnn) from our 'Thank a reader' feature regarding her recording of Anna Karenina:
I just wanted to say a big thank you, both to Librivox and also to MaryAnn in particular for making this reading of the book available. I listened to it all the way through and really enjoyed the experience as I had not yet read it though had meant to! Not sure 8 would have been able to stick at it without it being read to me, which was lovely. Again, thank you to everyone who made this happen.
Regards
Jane
and...
I would like to send a note of thanks for Mary Ann Spiegel for her reading of Anna Karenina (Dole translation; https://librivox.org/anna-karenina-by-leo-tolstoy-2/). I have always wanted to finish this book, but I would lose interest around part 5 or 6 as I felt it dragged on too slowly. I've recently started trying audiobooks and your reading kept me interested the whole while. It is a significant time investment, so I wanted to offer my thanks for your sacrifice.
All of MaryAnn's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Starlite (Esther) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Esther, thank you for your lovely rendition of "Backwoods of Canada." It was wonderful to hear it with a Canadian accent, and I am now starting another book you read, about the Mounted Police in 1882.

I found "Backwoods of Canada" absolutely fascinating, and have recommended it to friends of ours who live in British Columbia. The author is a fine observer of natural history, a fine writer, and so cheerful in the face of adversity, she and her husband having to learn all kinds of farm and forest survival skills.

I am so happy to have found LibriVox.

All of Esther's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for Sibella (Sibella Denton) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:
Sibella,

Thank you for your excellent reading reading of "Lady's life on a farm in Manitoba."

I was fascinated by the book, which was enhanced by your cheerful narration.

I will look for more of your books.

All of Sibella's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!
icequeen
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by icequeen »

Praise received for vcostafilho (Vicente Costa Filho) from our 'Thank a reader' feature:

Eu quero agradecer o leitor Vicente, https://librivox.org/contos-by-lima-barreto/
é uma excelente leitura, inclusive me deu vontade de participar.
Att,
Izabel

All of Vicente's recordings!
Ann

Audio, video, disco!