COMPLETE - Compilation of Lectures: Russian Realities and Problems - tg

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
jmoorehouse

Post by jmoorehouse »

Hmmm--trying to finish fixes and upload Lecture #3. I'm confused by the note you gave me on the preface stating the last six lines are cut off. I am struggling to find anything cut off.
Jan
Jan M

"There is no surer foundation for a beautiful friendship than a mutual taste in literature."
--P.G. Wodehouse
jmoorehouse

Post by jmoorehouse »

I'm thinking perhaps that I should have read in the Chapter titles. I think perhaps if I were listening to this, I would want those right here. Is that what you were referring to? I don't know why I didn't think to do that!
Jan M

"There is no surer foundation for a beautiful friendship than a mutual taste in literature."
--P.G. Wodehouse
jmoorehouse

Post by jmoorehouse »

This is a note for Tricia--
I have made an error I cannot seem to fix. In Section 1, I seem to have uploaded the preface once again, and try as I might to delete it and replace it with Lecture #1 which SHOULD be there, it keeps being the Preface when I check.
Thanks for your help!
Jan
Jan M

--P.G. Wodehouse
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

It's lecture #1. I'm guessing you're trying to play it from your browser? Your browser probably cached the old version and is playing it instead of refreshing and playing the latest version of the link.
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
jmoorehouse

Post by jmoorehouse »

Yes--that's what I was doing. I was trying to make certain I'd uploaded the correct file, even though I know I'm really not supposed to listen to those.
Thanks so much!
Jan
Jan M

--P.G. Wodehouse
TriciaG
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by TriciaG »

No problem!

I'm not sure what you mean by "not supposed to listen to those" - you are certainly allowed to play/listen/download your own files to make sure they're correct! In future, maybe do a full-on download (right click on the link, and select something like, "save link as") as that will force the download of the most recent file. :)
Serial novel: The Wandering Jew
Medieval England meets Civil War Americans: Centuries Apart
Humor: My Lady Nicotine
jmoorehouse

Post by jmoorehouse »

How funny! Laughing at myself. I am the BC! So the prohibition written in read specifically does not apply to me!
Such a nerdy rule abider I am. lol
Thanks, Tricia.
Jan
Jan M

--P.G. Wodehouse
jmoorehouse

Post by jmoorehouse »

Hey Mark--
I've got two lectures ready for proof listen and two sections ready for spot listens.
Here's the newest link--to Lecture #2. https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/russianrealitiesandproblems_02_various_128kb.mp3
Happy summer!
Jan Moorehouse
Jan M

--P.G. Wodehouse
chulsky

Post by chulsky »

Sec. 0,1,3 are PL OK :thumbs:
Please bear with me, I won't be very responsive until Sept.
Mark Chulsky / Марк Чульский
jmoorehouse

Post by jmoorehouse »

No worries AT ALL! I may not post more until September, so we're good. I had scheduled to complete by December 2019, so we're well on the way to that.
I hope you are in good health.
Jan
Jan M

--P.G. Wodehouse
chulsky

Post by chulsky »

jmoorehouse wrote: July 29th, 2019, 1:51 pm I hope you are in good health.
Yes, I am fine, thank you! Grandkids visit is better than health problems :-)
Mark Chulsky / Марк Чульский
jmoorehouse

Post by jmoorehouse »

Indeed--I hoped that was the reason!
Have fun fun fun!
Jan
Jan M

--P.G. Wodehouse
jmoorehouse

Post by jmoorehouse »

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/russianrealitiesandproblems_04_various_128kb.mp3

This one's a long one. No rush to listen to it! Keep enjoying those grandkids. I'm just going ahead and posting it now for fear of losing it, or of getting confused by future files!
Jan
Jan M

--P.G. Wodehouse
jmoorehouse

Post by jmoorehouse »

https://librivox.org/uploads/triciag/russianrealitiesandproblems_05_various_128kb.mp3
50:00

Again--no hurry! Just putting it here for early September when your off "Grandpa Duty." (I envy your gig!)
Jan M

--P.G. Wodehouse
jmoorehouse

Post by jmoorehouse »

Lecture #6 will require some expert help from my wonderful DPL. I'll compile a short list of names and other pronunciation stumpers I've encountered. I can get the pronunciations as correct as possible, but nothing can fix the author's rambling in this one, which goes on for almost two hours. Groan! Stay tuned for the help list.
Jan M

--P.G. Wodehouse