From New Zealand

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
TygerTung

Post by TygerTung »

Hello there,

My name is Sam, and I am a long time listener, first time caller, so to speak.

I am interested in contributing to the Christmas Carol Collection which has been running for many years now.

I don't think the project has been started yet though, but I am keen to get started so I don't run out of time as I am the father of two young children.

What is the process to get things started?

Cheers,
Sam
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Welcome aboard. We never start the Carol collection until closer to Christmas - later November early December (we don't run a "Christmas in July" one for us down-unders :D) . You could get your equpment ready by doing the 1 minute test - we need all the settings right so that Archive can make all our different formats and then you could look around and maybe find something else that interests you.

Anne
TygerTung

Post by TygerTung »

Yeah I will do the 1 minute test. I've been doing a bit of music recording in my mini home studio that I've been setting up, and have been learning a lot about recording, so it shouldn't be too much of a problem.

I guess I can start recording all my tracks now and send them in, in November. It takes me a see while to finish this stuff, so maybe if I start now it will be ready by December!
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

Just be careful that what you record is definitely public domain in the USA - the lyrics and the tune and that you can show us proof on line. It's a pain but it's how we have to operate.

Anne