COMPLETE[PLAY]Monsieur De Pourceaugnac by Molière - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

alanmapstone wrote: July 27th, 2019, 5:50 am Not really possible to make this character any less unpleasant. An overbearing father.
I love it very much, Alan. I don't hear you often in the villain part, but this father is really quite nasty. Well he would be if he wasn't so much conned in this situation. :lol: The perfect duped overbearing father. They beat him at his own game.

Hope you're feeling better. At least this part is excellently played, and PL ok. :)

Thank you !

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
alanmapstone

Post by alanmapstone »

Kitty wrote: July 27th, 2019, 7:05 am I love it very much, Alan. I don't hear you often in the villain part, but this father is really quite nasty. Well he would be if he wasn't so much conned in this situation. :lol: The perfect duped overbearing father. They beat him at his own game.
Hope you're feeling better.
Thanks Sonia. Enjoy your holiday.
Alan
the sixth age shifts into the slippered pantaloon with spectacles on nose
lymiewithpurpose

Post by lymiewithpurpose »

I would be happy to read the Countryman, 1st lawyer, and police officer if that is not too much.
Campbell
pronouns: they/them
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

lymiewithpurpose wrote: July 27th, 2019, 2:03 pm I would be happy to read the Countryman, 1st lawyer, and police officer if that is not too much.
Sure, they are all in different acts.

However, be careful your countryman peasant behaves properly - you don't want to have a conflict that means you have to arrest and prosecute or defend yourself!!

Thanks, Todd
lymiewithpurpose

Post by lymiewithpurpose »

ToddHW wrote: July 27th, 2019, 2:20 pm However, be careful your countryman peasant behaves properly - you don't want to have a conflict that means you have to arrest and prosecute or defend yourself!!
I would actually love to see that situation...
Campbell
pronouns: they/them
elsieselwyn

Post by elsieselwyn »

Elsie :9:
Like Sweden and coming of age stories? Read for Pelle the Conqueror
Like travelogues and Anthony Trollope? Read for The West Indies and the Spanish Main
Shadowland: October, 1919
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

elsieselwyn wrote: July 29th, 2019, 9:43 am Here is Julia for all three acts :)
what a super-sweet Julia this is. But the best part is when she plays the rebellious daughter. I especially love the very forceful NO ! right at the end. This really sounded genuine :lol: well done.

Only one thing to correct, maybe right in Act 1:

> at 0:01: for the voice credit, please always include the full description of the MW: "Julia, daughter to Oronte"

I can mark Acts 2 and 3 PL ok then.

thank you

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

mightyfelix wrote: August 4th, 2019, 8:32 pm My two roles, about two lines apiece. :wink:
awww you play my "fake" child in this one :9: how cute you are (and how annoying to the assaulted father :lol: )

both parts are PL ok straight away, thanks !

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

haha, the officer was especially fun to listen to. He had such a mean joy in getting Pourceaugnac into prison. :lol: Loved it. But all three roles are excellent and PL ok. Thanks, Campbell !

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

Todd, when did you upload the Physician ? :shock: I didn't see a note of that, so I only just saw him now.

Perfect job, though this guy is creepy in his bloodlust somehow. Wouldn't want to be his patient. :? And this huge monologue :shock: I pity the poor actor who has to learn this by heart to recite on stage. Though I guess it didn't matter what they were rambling on at one point or other :lol: I had to laugh several times while listening to this tirade.

BTW although you claim total ignorance of the Carry On series (yes, that one again... :mrgreen: ) I think you sound a lot like Kenneth Williams in this role, especially in the beginning. :thumbs: I could fully imagine him playing this role.

I guess both acts can be marked PL ok.There is one optional note for Act 1:

> at 4:12: "that our patient here present is unhappily attacked" - you say "attached", which makes less sense, but considering that this physician is rambling on anyway and not making much sense on the whole, I let you decide whether you want to change this or not

great job ! This will be a funny scene.

Sonia