[Complete] The Life of Harriot Stuart, by Charlotte Lennox - lt

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
elsieselwyn

Post by elsieselwyn »

cowguy02 wrote: July 8th, 2019, 10:41 pm
elsieselwyn wrote: July 2nd, 2019, 6:46 am PL Notes for Section 1:

2:18 “author’s own” cut off a little

Also, could you delete some of the beginning silence? It needs to be a second or less (I always forget to do this :lol: ). At the beginning and end there is some white noise, which if it could be reduced by noise reduction would be great. If not, it’s not the end of the world :D
Wait for it.... Wait... Ah here they are https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/lifeofharriotstuart_0_lennox_128kb.mp3 I believe that file should be ok now XD. And yes, that was a bit corny.
:lol: corny is always fun. I think you forgot to delete the ~4 seconds of silence before you start reading. (P.S. did you mean to name the file lifeofharriotstuart_0_lennox_128kb.mp3? Isn’t this for section 1 :hmm: )
Elsie :9:
Like Sweden and coming of age stories? Read for Pelle the Conqueror
Like travelogues and Anthony Trollope? Read for The West Indies and the Spanish Main
Shadowland: October, 1919
shellycassandra

Post by shellycassandra »

An interesting read. I will claim Section 3, Volume One Part 2. :shock:
Oh, and a question for you: What is the the best way to handle the places in the text where only the first letter is shown or no letters are shown at all?
cowguy02

Post by cowguy02 »

shellycassandra wrote: July 23rd, 2019, 9:30 pm An interesting read. I will claim Section 3, Volume One Part 2. :shock:
Oh, and a question for you: What is the the best way to handle the places in the text where only the first letter is shown or no letters are shown at all?
Is that on the google doc?
Projects that need readers
ONLY ONE CHAPTER TO GO!!!!!! Bealby
The life of Harriot Stuart
The Blind Brother[/color]
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

cowguy02 wrote: July 24th, 2019, 10:33 am
shellycassandra wrote: July 23rd, 2019, 9:30 pm An interesting read. I will claim Section 3, Volume One Part 2. :shock:
Would that be in place of an expletive, or “Mr. M...”, “he went to S...”?
There is no rule in these cases, but there is a ‘usual’ way. If no letters are written , just say “blank” (e.g. “you blank idiot”, “Mrs. Blank”). If the firs t (or first and last) are in the text, you read it as written (“you ‘deed’ idiot”, Lord J, he went to C)... does that answer the question?
shellycassandra

Yes, for example, Section 2 has quite a bit of that. One from Section 3 reads, "My father had determined to fix his residence at a A----, city near two hundred miles distant from ----, where he was to command in chief."
Lynnet
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Lynnet »

shellycassandra wrote: July 24th, 2019, 10:51 am
Yes, for example, Section 2 has quite a bit of that. One from Section 3 reads, "My father had determined to fix his residence at a A----, city near two hundred miles distant from ----, where he was to command in chief."
His residence at A ... distant from blank
shellycassandra

Lynnet wrote: July 24th, 2019, 11:38 am
shellycassandra wrote: July 24th, 2019, 10:51 am

His residence at A ... distant from blank
:thumbs: Thank you!
shellycassandra

I made it! :D
Section 3: Volume One Part Two
Duration 25:43
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/lifeofharriotstuart_03_lennox_128kb.mp3

Please note: The google doc has two sections entitled Section 2, so it is off by one from the table in the magic window. The table ends at section 24 while the google doc ends at section 23. Please let me know if I need to re-record my intro and outro, and, if so, what the correct heading should be. Thanks.
shellycassandra

I would also like to claim Section 4: Volume One Part Three, if I may.
Thanks
cowguy02

Post by cowguy02 »

Great you on! Also section 3 is ready for PL. thanks for helping me speed up this project
shellycassandra

Here is Section 4: Volume One Part Three
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/lifeofharriotstuart_04_lennox_128kb.mp3

If I can keep going, I would like to claim Section 5: Volume One Part Four.
Thank you.
cowguy02

Post by cowguy02 »

shellycassandra wrote: July 30th, 2019, 8:42 pm Here is Section 4: Volume One Part Three
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/lifeofharriotstuart_04_lennox_128kb.mp3

If I can keep going, I would like to claim Section 5: Volume One Part Four.
Thank you.
That section is ready for PL: Also feel free to claim as many sections as you want! You can also claim multiple sections at a time if you want :D
shellycassandra

Well, since you put it that way...and I hope I'm not biting off more than I can chew...I will claim the rest of Volume 1. 8-)

Thanks
cowguy02

Post by cowguy02 »

shellycassandra wrote: August 8th, 2019, 8:30 am Well, since you put it that way...and I hope I'm not biting off more than I can chew...I will claim the rest of Volume 1. 8-)

Thanks
Fantastic! Thanks for claiming. And don't worry you have 2 months. 8-)
shellycassandra

Here goes...

Section 5, Volume One Part Four
25 mins
https://librivox.org/uploads/lynnet/lifeofharriotstuart_05_lennox_128kb.mp3

Section 6, Volume One Part Five
39 mins 43 sec