Bom dia, hello from Australia

Get to know your fellow readers and tell us a little about yourself
byron1870

Post by byron1870 »

Greetings all,

I've been enjoying librivox for a while and decided I would like to help out where I can.

I'm a happily married father of two boys aged 5 and 8, currently living in Canberra Australia. Currently employed as a full time university student (paid to go to uni is awesome!, though the pressure to perform is high) I am over half way through a bachelor degree.

While I am Aussie born and bred, due to the variances of my upbringing I am fluent in continental Portuguese and am happy to help out with recording, etc in either English or Portuguese.

Thanks for welcoming me into the community, I look forward to getting involved.

Byron Steele
barbara2

Post by barbara2 »

byron1870 wrote: July 25th, 2019, 4:29 pm
While I am Aussie born and bred, due to the variances of my upbringing I am fluent in continental Portuguese and am happy to help out with recording, etc in either English or Portuguese.

Thanks for welcoming me into the community, I look forward to getting involved.

Byron Steele
Hi Byron, it's my personal opinion that we can never have enough Australian accents! And readers of Portuguese would be more than welcome here.

Phil Chenevert has made some very useful videos on technical subjects and I'll get in before he's awake to send you a link to his welcoming video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwtn_2d3_qs&feature=youtu.be

Best,

Barbara
philchenevert
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by philchenevert »

Welcome Byron. and thanks Barbara. (I did not know that many people knew about my welcome video.) Wish I could speak Portuguese
"I lost my trousers," said Tom expansively.
89 Decibels? Easy Peasy ! https://youtu.be/aSKR55RDVpk
Lucasoliveira

Post by Lucasoliveira »

Bem-vindo ao Librivox, Byron! Atualmente nós temos 4 projetos colaborativos em português :

Dom Casmurro , um romance.

Papéis Avulsos , vários contos.

Orpheu n. 1 , um livro de poesia.

Pérolas e Diamantes , contos infantis dos irmãos Grimm.

A maioria dos leitores são brasileiros, seria incrível se você lesse algo em português continental!