COMPLETE[PLAY]Dr Johnson by A Edward Newton - thw

Solo or group recordings that are finished and fully available for listeners
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

catharmaiden wrote: July 14th, 2019, 10:10 am here come the three ladies:
I absolutely love the feistiness of Mrs Woffington and the sensation-hungry untertone of Miss Streatfield (I wish she had more lines). :lol: Also a nice touch to give Mrs Desmoulins a slight French accent. All three voices are quite distinct from each other. :thumbs:

PL ok. Thank you so much for pitching in here, Sandra. :)

Sonia
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

ToddHW wrote: July 14th, 2019, 1:20 pm Stage directions for Acts 1,2,3 fixed; ready for spot PL.
excellently correct and PL ok now :) thank you

PS: actually for Act 2 you could cut out:

> at 0:52: Mrs Garrick
> at 1:19: Mrs Carter

since, as we now know, they apparently have no speaking roles.

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
jeugenet

Post by jeugenet »

I would like to claim the part of Mr. Stewart
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

jeugenet wrote: July 18th, 2019, 8:33 pm I would like to claim the part of Mr. Stewart
Hi James and welcome to the forum. :)

I see you already passed your one-minute-test and I had a short listen. You sound like you could enjoy yourself here in the "crazy gang" :mrgreen:

I'll reserve Mr Stewart for you. As this is your first claimed section, I need to know what reader name you want to use, so I can open a personal reader page for you, where all your projects will be listed later on.

Also, here are some special rules for drama readings that I compiled a while ago, so you'll know a bit how this works here:

1) you don't have to read an intro or outro disclaimer, this will be done by the narrator. Instead, record your voice credit at the beginning of the file, which here should be: "Mr Stewart, read by James..." (whatever you want your reader name to be)

2) then browse through the text and record all the lines you have to speak. It may not be necessary to read the whole play, especially here since you only appear in Act 1, but it would be good to read a bit around your lines, see what the others are saying, so you can better "react" to them. Just be as expressive ("into" your character) as you can in your role. ;)

3) if there are pointers in the text qualifying your voice, like [laughs] or [hesitatingly], an added bonus would be that you act those out in your reading, if possible, to make it all more interesting :mrgreen:

4) and most importantly: please leave enough space between each of your speeches, preferably 2-3 seconds. Even when you have the stage directions in the middle of your speech (for example: [drinks]), also leave 2 seconds of pause there, because our editor later on has to copy all your parts and paste them into his master file and it's helpful if he has enough space to fiddle with

That's it. The correct way how to name your file, where to upload and what MC to choose can be found in the first post. If there are further questions, don't hesitate to ask :)

Have fun with your first official recording !

Sonia
jeugenet

Post by jeugenet »

I would like to use James Thomas as my reader name. Thank you for your message I appreciate all the help I can get.
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

jeugenet wrote: July 18th, 2019, 11:32 pmI would like to use James Thomas as my reader name. Thank you for your message I appreciate all the help I can get.
all right, here we go. This is your personal Reader Page: https://librivox.org/reader/13489
as you can see, only one project is listed so far, but hopefully more to come soon ;)
if you click on Reader section details you can always keep track which sections are still to be recorded, which await PL or have PL notes. It's quite handy to track your progress and a good reminder for outstanding sections.

You're officially registered, now have fun !

Sonia
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

WiltedScribe wrote: July 19th, 2019, 12:25 pm Here are my roles:
excellent job on all of them, Tomas. I like it that you managed to give them all distinct voices. My favourite is Barclay, he definitely sounds like a shifty business shark :lol: The glumness of Dr. Brocklesby was also quite nice to listen to. All 4 are excellent.

Barclay and Brocklesby already PL ok.

a few missing lines in the other two acts though:

for Maitland:
> at 1:18: (p. 9) missed line: "You are very good, sir."

for Garrick:
> at about 1:14: (p. 47) missed lines: "I am sure ... (etc) ... in the greenroom."

> at about 1:23: (p. 62) missed line: "Marvellous."

thank you

Sonia
jeugenet

Post by jeugenet »

i uploaded my filr twice. please advise how to correct this error
thank james thomas (jeugenet)
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

There isn't any real problem with uploading a file twice. The second (and subsequent) upload automatically renames and archives the first file and only the latest file will be what can be accessed through the MW.

But need to have the filename put into a posting here in the forum so I can get it into the MW. If you don't have the message that the uploader gave you so you can copy the name into a message here now, then you can upload it yet again to get that message.

Thanks, Todd
WiltedScribe

Post by WiltedScribe »

The files for Maitland and Garrick have been edited and are now ready for spot PL! :)
Tomas Peter
ToddHW
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by ToddHW »

Thank you.

Todd
Kitty
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by Kitty »

jeugenet wrote: July 18th, 2019, 11:32 pm I would like to use James Thomas as my reader name. Thank you for your message I appreciate all the help I can get.
Hi Thomas

I looked in Todd's folder and I cannot find your file. Did you maybe upload it to the wrong folder ? :hmm:

You absolutely need to copy the link that the uploader gives you and post it in the project thread, otherwise we won't know what has been uploaded or not. ;) If you look at the last page of the project, you can see how the others have done in their posts.

If you can't find the link back, please reupload your file, make sure you set the admin to "ToddHW" and copy the link !

thank you

Sonia