Book Suggestions from Archive Forum

Suggest and discuss books to read (all languages welcome!)
dlolso21
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by dlolso21 »

Poster: MPDMedia
Date: Jan 28, 2019 12:53pm
Forum: librivoxaudio
Subject: Suggestions for '23

I recorded first chapters of several novels published in 1923. I see someone's done the Cather already. The Oppenheimer mystery, Lawrence's Kangaroo, Packard's Four Stragglers, and Tarkington's Midlander really need the full-on treatment. Cane and Blackguard are a bit overripe.
https://archive.org/details/FirstChaptersOf1923

I would do these myself but I don't have the time these days.

Take care
BT , in exile...
schrm

Post by schrm »

this is a link to a full first chapter collection of ten recordings?
cheers
wolfi
reader/12275
annise
LibriVox Admin Team

Post by annise »

A bit of history needed
The person making the suggestion is a member but has not been reading for a while - we miss him :D . The original idea for the coffee break collection was his and a number of other things and he has always created a number of things on Archive which don't quite fit our boundaries. He has evidently read first chapters from the new crop of books that interest him and came into the PD this year and he is suggesting they are worth having a full version on LV
So BT , it would have been easier to just sign on and post :D . Good Luck with your projects :D

Anne
KevinS

Post by KevinS »

I`m glad I looked at this thread. The Tarkington looks interesting to me. I think most of the other works are done or now being done.
schrm

Post by schrm »

annise wrote: July 22nd, 2019, 3:09 pm A bit of history needed
The person making the suggestion is a member but has not been reading for a while - we miss him :D . The original idea for the coffee break collection was his and a number of other things and he has always created a number of things on Archive which don't quite fit our boundaries. He has evidently read first chapters from the new crop of books that interest him and came into the PD this year and he is suggesting they are worth having a full version on LV
So BT , it would have been easier to just sign on and post :D . Good Luck with your projects :D

Anne
thank you anne :-D
cheers
wolfi
reader/12275